It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did They Need to do This as a Joke or is it True?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
And before you even bring up the whole "b-b-b-but who filmed Neil Armstrong" argument here:

That is the MOST inane part of this farce..Cameras of 69 could not have possibly be used in this way..
Let's end your defense as it is falling on deaf ears....PLEASE...

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Really? So you've studied the schematics and in your expert opinon it's not possible, right?
You realise that the camera was on a boom and not being controlled by C-3PO, right?
What part of that incredibly simple mechanism was impossible, please share?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes, how is it impossible for the camera to be attached in that fashion?

And no I will not give up.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Before anyone takes this the wrong way let me say I'm not takin sides in this. But one thing that has always puzzled me if this were a hoax is the dispensation of the rockets. Where did those rockets go? I live on the west coast of Florida and I can see even the satellite launchs from here. Not as if they could NOT be seen. I track the shuttle launchs from here. So what happened they just went up and then came back down?
Just askin.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
And this should answer your camera questions.

www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au...

The lunar television camera was a black-and-white, slow-scan TV (SSTV) with a scan rate of 10 frames-per-second at 320 lines-per-frame. It weighed 3.29 kg (7.25 lb) and drew 6.5 watts of 24-32 volts of DC power. The camera body was 26.9 cm long, 16.5 cm wide and 8.6 cm deep (10.6 x 6.5 x 3.4 inches). The bayonet lens mount permitted lens changes by a crewman in a pressurised suit. Two lenses were provided: a wide-angle lens for close-ups and large areas, and a lunar day lens for viewing lunar surface features and activities in the near field of view with sunlight illumination.

Smile, your on impossible camera.

The camera was stowed in an instrument pallet known as the MESA (Modular Equipment Stowage Assembly) in the LM descent stage. The MESA was to the left of the ladder as viewed from the front of the LM. When Armstrong was at the top of the ladder, he pulled a lanyard to swing open the MESA, which was hinged at the bottom. The TV camera, which was attached to it, would also swing down. It was mounted upside-down so as to secure it firmly to the MESA with vibration isolators and to also simplify its removal by the astronaut. Aldrin then switched on the camera by pushing in the TV circuit breaker in the cabin of the LM. The camera was pointing at the ladder of the LM, so that TV pictures of Armstrong's initial steps on the Moon could be relayed to the world. Later, after Aldrin had descended to the surface, Armstrong mounted the TV camera on a tripod, and placed it some 10 metres from the LM. The camera was left unattended to cover the crew's activities during the remainder of the moonwalk.

The camera was also capable of operating in a high resolution mode which was 5/8 frames per second with 1280 lines per frame (non-interlaced). This mode was designed to telecast a high resolution image in case the astronauts were not able to return to Earth with photographs. The camera had a switch located on the top surface that would allow the astronauts to operate it in either mode. Back on Earth, 10-inch monitors with yellow-green high persistence phosphor screens were equipped with Polaroid cameras for shooting directly off the screens. However, because of time constraints this high resolution mode was never used in flight.

Other cool images (click)

The Apollo lunar television camera was built by Westinghouse Electric Corp., Aerospace Division, Baltimore, Md., USA.

jra

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Before anyone takes this the wrong way let me say I'm not takin sides in this. But one thing that has always puzzled me if this were a hoax is the dispensation of the rockets. Where did those rockets go? I live on the west coast of Florida and I can see even the satellite launchs from here. Not as if they could NOT be seen. I track the shuttle launchs from here. So what happened they just went up and then came back down?
Just askin.

Well with the shuttle. The SRB's (Solid Rocket Boosters) are released about 120+ seconds after launch. They fall and land in the ocean to be reused. The fuel tank is release much later and then burns up in the atmosphere.

The Saturn Rocket was built in 3 stages. I believe the first and second stages fall back to Earth (but not to be reused) and the third stage was either sent to impact onto the moon or to go into a solar orbit.

And great post Dulcimer

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thanks JRA but i think you misread me. I didn't mean the SRBs. I meant if we didn't go to the moon then where did those rockets we launched go? Surely a cash strapped Federal agency wouldn't just send random flights into orbit with no mission other than to mislead the public.
My imagination runs wild-
Dam did you see that launch
Yeah this will have the average joe believin we went to the moon
Sure just like JFK wanted
Ya see my point? where did they go if they didnt go to the moon?

jra

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Oh haha oops, sorry. Yeah I really misread you there. My bad

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Read this and watch some footage that will at least give you dis-info agents a laugh..
Remember Hasselblad and film emulsion?

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

jra

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Read this and watch some footage that will at least give you dis-info agents a laugh..
Remember Hasselblad and film emulsion?

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Seen that page posted several times already and everything there has been debunked hundreds of times over. Nothing but nonsense really.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would repeat the debunking, but if you read the other thread on the Moon landings, then you'll find it. One of the big jokes, just quickly glancing at it, is the 'temperature variations'. There is no 'heat' or lack of it in space, it relies on how much radiation (IR radiation) the object absorbs and re-radiates. Obviously they will have taken this into account and designed the equipment accordingly. I believe they also used an adapted type of film.
All the 'discrepancies' with the photos can be explained and it is usually pretty obvious what they are when you view all the photo's in a series on the Apollo image archive. But sites like that tend to omit that for some strange reason

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
And again I come back to the two main questions which noone can answer.
If the astronauts didn't go to the moon then where did they go?
How come after years of inquiries I can't find anyone(astronauts,technicians,mission control personell) who is willing to say that anything was hoaxed?
just askin

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I sat in the very seat the Cap-Com (the astronaut who did ALL of the talking to the crew over the radio) sat in back in '69, looked at and touched the very desk, monitor screen, etc... that they used back then.

When Nasa designed the new Mission Control Room for shuttle ops they left the old Apollo MC in tact. I ask you, why would they have spent all that money, built Johnson Space Center (it's a HUGE complex), built Kennedy Space Center, etc... just to film a hoax in a Ft Worth warehouse.

I have met several Astronauts (my wife, Valhall was an Aerospace Engineer at NASA JSC for 2 1/2 years), met several Flight Controllers, etc... These people are REAL. I have met the daughter of one of the Apollo Mission Directors who was THERE when her Dad was doing his job.

These "Moon shot Hoax" folks only have their speculation and some rather jicky websites and videos, I have seen the real McCoy with my own eyes, touched them with my own hands and met some of the people involved.

I am CERTAIN we went to the moon.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I sat in the very seat the Cap-Com (the astronaut who did ALL of the talking to the crew over the radio) sat in back in '69, looked at and touched the very desk, monitor screen, etc... that they used back then.
[ Did it give you goose-bumps?? ]

When Nasa designed the new Mission Control Room for shuttle ops they left the old Apollo MC in tact. I ask you, why would they have spent all that money, built Johnson Space Center (it's a HUGE complex), built Kennedy Space Center, etc... just to film a hoax in a Ft Worth warehouse.
[We don't wont to go there with what the gov. will piss away as for spending money!! ]

I have met several Astronauts (my wife, Valhall was an Aerospace Engineer at NASA JSC for 2 1/2 years), met several Flight Controllers, etc... These people are REAL. I have met the daughter of one of the Apollo Mission Directors who was THERE when her Dad was doing his job.

These "Moon shot Hoax" folks only have their speculation and some rather jicky websites and videos, I have seen the real McCoy with my own eyes, touched them with my own hands and met some of the people involved.

I am CERTAIN we went to the moon.

Springer...

I know where you are coming from there! I just wonted to if one could see where we sat down on the moon from the earth. As for staying with the post I say
to being on the moon.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sadly no telescope can see, but we have at least one Lunar orbiter I tihnk so hopefully they will release something. If not then there will undoubtedly be one in the future. There are already some images but they only appear as smudges.

<< 1  2   >>

join