It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did They Need to do This as a Joke or is it True?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
All debunkers line up and tell me why this was done..
Is it a joke, wasting NASA's $$ or can it possibly be the true story?

www.gaiaguys.net...

[edit on 23-12-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm getting a "Server not found" message from moontruth.org.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It does not work, like the above poster mentioned.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hang on, it will NOT upload but I can play it..
I will find a way..You gotta see it..

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Copy and paste the link to the page if you can.
If you have the video clip downloaded to your computer try hosting it on putfile.com

www.putfile.com...

I think they allow up 25 Megs per file.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Go back to first post and try again..Sorry...for the inconvenience...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I'll try and find out where it came from.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Our cowardly black ops in action..

IMO, looks like it has been well hidden on the net...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Originally posted by Umbrax

Our cowardly black ops in action..

IMO, looks like it has been well hidden on the net...

Where did you get this one from!

One thing kind of bugs my though! I have tryed to see the flag with the telescope here at the collage. Some of the so called great minds here said it could not be seen.
I would think with all the power of the bigger telescopes out there that someone has seen it! That would put some of the (No Mooners) out.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Okay, here is what I've found.

snopes.com

Claim: A video clip shows a NASA studio-produced 'outtake' of the first moon landing.

A less elaborate video twist on the moon landing hoax was featured at moontruth.com (you can still view it here), where web surfers could view a re-creation (or perhaps we should say "pre-creation") of the first moon landing, purportedly filmed in 1965. The footage is revealed to be studio fakery when a bank of lights breaks loose, intruding into the shot and sending the film crew swarming onto the set to prepare for another "take."

The folks at Moontruth did come clean about the "out takes" being nothing more than an elaborate practical joke. You can view their explanation of how they made the clips at "The Full Story" section of their web site.

I've found the vid on a few different joke sites.
www.joemorrow.com
www.spikedhumor.com
There are others as well, not really worth posting here.

There is a French site on the video. hoaxbuster.com

I've even found a ATS thread from 2002 on the video. Moon Truth

That is all for now.

[edit on 23/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Where did you get this one from!

One thing kind of bugs my though! I have tryed to see the flag with the telescope here at the collage. Some of the so called great minds here said it could not be seen.
I would think with all the power of the bigger telescopes out there that someone has seen it! That would put some of the (No Mooners) out.

I got it from that Gaia website.
You can look FOREVER and never see a flag unless you get into Area 51...where they did this filming....

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Snopes is not the burning bush and never will be.
No wonder we have so many conspiracies when ONE HAD to practice going down some steps~~~
GIVE ME a break..

[edit on 23-12-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The moon landing was not a hoax. Why can't people get over this?

For the past 30 years, a small reflective plate about 18 inches square has been sitting on the lunar surface quietly bouncing laser beams back to Earth. It continues to defy the predictions of some early Apollo planners who guessed the specialized mirror would quickly be buried in powdery moondust.

When Neil Armstrong placed and balanced the Laser Ranging Retro-Reflector on the white ground just a few giant moonsteps from the site where the Eagle touched down, nobody could have known the device would be as useful at the turn of the 21st century as it was then. But thanks to its simple, non-mechanical design and an extraordinarily placid lunar world, scientists still use the reflector to follow the most miniscule wobbles in the moon's spin and orbit.

But I guess it doesn't exist......

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That video made me spit coffee in laffter
I'll be showing that to a few buddys for a good laf

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have seen the clip before. If was debunked by the people that made the video as a hoax. I can't remeber what the site was called, but the people say it was a fake video they made. How they did it was they took the real footage and spliced it with the footage they shot at the end. And there ya go. If you notice in the video there is a cut in the film right before he accends down the ladder. So no that is not a real nasa video. I can not find the site, but it was a while ago. I will continue to look.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous

There are many many many reasons why you cannont see the flag. FIrst off next time you go to that astronomy professor ask him / her why you cant they will tell you. Simply, you cannont magnify with a clear enough resolution through the earths atmosphere and to have a scope that would be able to collect enough light to see soemthing so small would have to be extreemly huge.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I haven't been able to see this video clip, but from what I can gather it seems to show that the vision we saw of the moon landing when it happened (If it happened!) was a hoax. From this the link has been made to the possibility that the moon landing never happened. I personally believe that with an event as high profile as this the US must have had some sort of back up plan just in case the mission didn't go as planned. I would be very surprised if they didn't have some pre-recorded clip organised and ready to show in the event of failure. I even think that that actual footage we may have seen was that pre-recorded footage rather than the actual event, as with so many people watching they may not have wanted to rely on the basic audio visual technology they had at the time to show a complication free broadcast. However, not for one second do I think that proving this footage was a hoax in any way indicates that the moon landing never happened. It's an extremely long bow!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar

There are many many many reasons why you cannont see the flag. FIrst off next time you go to that astronomy professor ask him / her why you cant they will tell you. Simply, you cannont magnify with a clear enough resolution through the earths atmosphere and to have a scope that would be able to collect enough light to see soemthing so small would have to be extreemly huge.

OK. You get one point. But if that is true how come we can see thur the atmosphere to read a new paper on the ground from space.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The simple answer to all your questions about why we can't see the flag, is because, it is no longer there. And they do not want us to see what is on the moon, because it will destroy everything we know. We went to the moon, but when we got there we found out that it had stuff on it that defied our meaning that the churches of the world have set up. If we saw all the pictures of the moon, it would send outcries by the people to the governments, and to the churches. It would cause Religious Anarchy. For anyone to say I am wrong, hey I could be, because I have no proof, neither do you. So we are both even. So if you read this far, good job, now you know.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was thinking about that same thing when I posted... But I tookt eh benifit of the doubt and I am quite lazy at the moment with christmass stuff to go looking around for an answer. BUT If I had to make a quick logical deduction I would say that Satelites use masive High deff Cameras with super wide angles. And then take a quick snapshot of an area say 15 miles wide and then just crop the immage to what they need. While taking a picture via a telescope requires a timed exposure and can result in many distrubances of the air and what not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join