It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Judge finds Evidence of Abuse in Caged Children Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Although no criminal charges have been filed to date, an Ohio judge ruled yesterday that some of the 11 children found caged in the home of their adoptive parents had been subject to abuse. All of the children will remain in foster care pending a custody hearing to determine their fate.

www.cnn.com
Judge: Caged kids were abused
11 special needs children to stay in foster homes

Thursday, December 22, 2005; Posted: 1:08 p.m. EST (18:08 GMT)

NORWALK, Ohio (AP) -- A couple who adopted 11 children with a host of health and behavioral problems abused some of the youngsters by making them sleep in wooden cages without pillows or mattresses, a judge ruled Thursday.

The children will remain in foster care until Juvenile Judge Timothy Cardwell holds a hearing on who should get custody.

Their adoptive parents, Michael and Sharen Gravelle, have not been charged with a crime and denied abusing the youngsters. They said they built the cages in 2003 to protect the children from each other and themselves.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The wheels on the bus of justice go round and round, round and round, slowly.

Again, it eludes me why this isn't an open and shut case of child abuse. Allegations of neglect were dismissed by Juvenile Judge Timothy Cardwell, and the adoptive parents hope to regain custody of the 11 children.

The wood and chicken-wire cages were described as similar to a 'dog kennel'. I'm curious as to what accomodations the adoptive parents are willing to make for these kids in order to be granted their return.

Surely they don't plan to return them to their cages, do they?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Adoptive Parents Seek Return of Caged Children (moved from ATSNN)

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This whole thing really gets to me. I can't even stand it when people put dogs in cages without bedding. Id like to take this couple and put them in cages and see how they like it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm wondering why any court would allow the adoption of 11 normal children much less special needs kids to any one couple. The whole thing smacks of corruption, maybe nepotism. Of course the state pays big bucks to foster, adoptive and biological parents of disabled children throughout adulthood.

I say these mercenaries deserve prison! Instead they await the judge's decision and hope to have their income, I mean children, returned. Unbelievable!

Here in CA children are snatched from parents and placed in foster homes sometimes for even minor offenses. Not to mention, Ca parents are often sited with child endangerment if their child becomes injured and involuntary mans slaughter, if they die from preventable accidents.

The laws sure sway from one extreme to the other depending on where you are, who you are and who judges you!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it would be a good Human Interest story to interview the Foster parents of these children. What have they discovered about the kids that hasn't been publicized.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Im telling yall we need to cordone a large stretch of hostile land either in this country or somewhere abroad where people who commit crimes such as these and oher capital crimes can be banished from society, after having been temporarily sterilized, only to be readmitted into civilized society if they survivwe the trek back to a checkpoint after which they will be placed on a strict probationary period.

That will seriously make people think twice about inflicting pain and sufferring unto other human biengs.

new topics

top topics

join