It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of our own will be having a very stressful holiday season...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownOrigins
I can't imagine what the delivery people at the hospital are thinking with all the items that must be coming in for him. I'm sure they must think he's some sort of celebrity (which...is true).

UO

Perhaps, the mailroom delivery, nursing and administrative staff are thinking about this.

"What's this all about?"

"Who are all of these from?"

"? a website ?"

"What is this place?"

www.abovetopsecret.com

Hmmm ...

IMO, while simply being on the receiving end of the love, support and well wishes, both physical and virtual, our Editor In Chief (WOS) is actually at work, providing his caregivers the ability to further the denial of ignorance!

Way above WOS!

"At work" under the most dire of circumstances.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
WOS, I'm new so I have only the posts by those who know you to go on but my best guess is...you're damn well liked and respected. Hell, you have your own acronym, how many people have one of those?
That's good enough for me so the following:

Pretty much everybody knows that cancer is one of the most powerful foes we might face during our short 100 or less years here on the rock. Progress is being made just about on a daily basis by medical research and it appears that you were in good hands for the operation.
I believe that the extra factor in situations like this is attitude. It's an age old question handeled by the oldest part of our brain. Do we fight or do we run?
From what I read in here my guess is...you're going to fight and this can have more results that we yet understand.
So, fight the good fight; you have lots of Karma going your way. Indulge yourself in humor when you can but fight, fight fight.
A full recovery is predicted.
Kick some cancer ASS! In a way, you'll be doing this struggle for many around the world, people you, and others who do the battle, will never meet. We fight and we expect victory. I believe that you will be a good warrior for us all.
skep

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
get well soon and quick, man. we're all pulling for ya.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Boker Tov - Good Morning William One Sac.

I hope your night was ok - and I wish you a good start into a new day.

external image
(sunrise in the Negev desert)

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just spoke to Willy... He's having a rough morning.
He's hurting REAL BAD my guess is the shock from the intrusion has worn off the nervous system and the pain centers are sending full strength "signals" to the brain again.

He's a REAL TROOPER though, hanging tough and not etting it get him down.

Keep the prayers and well wishes coming he needs them more than ever now.

I told him I'd call him later today after he got some rest, I'll post an updated list of what all he's received then if I can. I know some of you want to make sure the items you sent actually arrived.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
gosh poor wos, He really is such a brave guy, He really is a role model for other facing the same issues,

Send him our love, and tell him we are thinking of him all the time,

And as always thoughts and prayers are of plenty...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the update Springer.

Thoughts and prayers are with you in full force WOS.

Hang in there!

What an amazing show of support from an amazing community.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Same here from me. Best of luck and lots of health WOS!!! We want to see you online real soon again!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping us posted Springer. Here's hoping it stops hurting so much and heals up nice and fast.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry to hear he's not having a good day, but we know WOS is strong, will take it one day at a time, and be back in full force as soon as he can be

Thanks again for the update, Springer.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Spoke to Willy about 45 minutes ago (7
M Central Time) he slept this afternoon and feels MUCH BETTER than he did this morning. He still VERY TIRED and pretty groggy (meds) but he sounded a whole lot more like my buddy WOS.

He was asking how people are doing(!)... Thinking of others while he's in thatcondition, amazing. I told him about the threads (this one and WillyPalooza) and all podcasts and he can't wait to see/hear them all.

Since there was no US Mail delivery today he didn't receive any cards or flowers/gifts. We figure he'll get a big shipment tomorrow and I will update the "loot list" as I learn what else he gets in.

He wanted me to make sure I THANKED EVERYONE here and told you all how WONDERFUL this is and how much it's HELPING HIM get through a terrible ordeal.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Yeah I attempted to send out my letter today, until I realized NO MAIL!

It goes out first thing in the morning!

Glad to hear he's doing well--- I still send my prayers.

Alcor.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, Springer!

Glad to hear he is feeling better. His body is, no doubt, in dire need of MUCH rest and repair. It's good to know the pain has subsided a bit.

As for the delivery folks, they were probably relieved by today's holiday!

"Time to make the WOS deliveries?" whew... again?!

Please give him a BIG ShoutOut from all of ATS!

Thanx

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the encouraging update Springer. Wonderful to hear WOS is feeling better than earlier!

Tell him we are *barely managing* without him.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
WOS,

Best wishes and good luck! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been away and didn't know. I'll prey for you!

Tim

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Wonderfull to hear that WOS is feeling much better. He just has to let time take its course so his body recovers.

Keep smiling wos youll be back soon

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To 12m8keall2c: Wills loves his Spooky mug! The quality is excellent and is the perfect 'medicine' for my brother!
He also recvd a beautiful basket of daisies from someone here at ATS. Please forgive me but I'm not at the hospital right now and cannot remember the name on the card. The flowers smell beautiful and really brighten up Wills room.

The whole One Sac (!) family thanks you for your kindness and generosity. You'll never know how much we appreciate it!

WOS is definitely better today. He's already been for a walk down the hall and is getting ready for the barber to come in and give him a shave! So, I think the worst is behind him. I do think he'll probably be at Sloan for approx 2 weeks (from the date of surgery). But who knows, he's very motivated, he might be home sooner (all appendages crossed!).
Thanks to all.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
He sounds GREAT today!!!!! He's really coming along well.

The WillyPalooza CD is going to be burned Thuesday so PLEASE get over to the podcast forum and get you message/song/joke/poem whatever you want to do posted today.

The delivery man has not showed up yet today so I don't have any updates on deliveries but I'll be talking to him later today and will get that info.

Springer...

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 1-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Actually, I'll be burning and delivering the audio CD tomorrow.

So make sure you get your comments into the most important PODthread we've ever created.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Its good to hear that he is doing well, the human spirit just utterly amazes me sometimes. Possative thinking is the best medication, so hopefully the cd will keep him smileing.

So far we have 22 replies to Willypalooza, which is fantastic, but im shure we can get more.

My thoughts are still with you WOS, and when your better i hope we can do a PODcast together and have a beer while we chat.

All the best man and keep smiling (the most important thing in the world).

Pickle.

Ps i was wondering if there is any way of sending a E-card for those of us who live abroad?

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join