It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: The Dave Chappelle Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A website has sprung up devoted to a purported conspiracy surrounding comedian, Dave Chappelle. The account from a retired public relations executive details a wide-ranging conspiracy involving some of America's most influential and powerful African-Americans. Those implicated in the website include Louis Farrakhan, Bill Cosby, Al Sharpton, Whoopi Goldberg, Jesse Jackson, Robert L. Johnson and Oprah Winfrey.

www.chappelletheory.com
This account of Dave Chappelle's fall from grace has been pieced together by me, a retired public relations executive who wishes to remain anonymous. my contacts, many of whom were closely related to the individuals involved, enabled me to fairly accurately recount the events that took place. You can take this for what you wish, but it is the truth — the abhorrent byproduct of the industry I used to hold to such a high esteem.

I have written this account without the need for embellishments or exaggerations for the truth is appalling enough. Let this site serve as a drawn curtain to the entertainment industry which is blindly adored by the entire world.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

An usual topic for ATSNN but a very intriguing pop-culture conspiracy nevertheless. If you hadn't heard of the Chappelle Show you must of been living in a cave in Tibet. The show was one of the most watched shows on television and its DVD sales broke sales records for the best selling TV show DVD to date (1.7 million copies). The show was a phenomenon and apparently was running directly counter to the agenda of America's influential African-Americans.

What are we to make of this conspiracy theory? Was it all merely a tragic nervous breakdown into paranoia for Dave? Or was there really a concerted effort by a vastly powerful and rich cabal of agenda-driven entertainers and political figures?

I can see why the Chappelle Show would of been a threat to an agenda of an 'image offensive'. But would it solicit death threats to Dave Chappelle's wife and kids from the likes of Al Sharpton and Oprah Winfrey? I really don't know, but if this conspiracy theory garners as much attention as the show did we could be about to witness either a very strange silence or a fire-storm of accusations.

The part of the account where Oprah looks to the camera and addresses Dave personally would horrify any one. Is it even possible with todays technology?

Intriguing.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't live in Tibet I live in Scotland......probably as cold this time of year though ;-)

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I think this is viral marketing.

1) the site is borderline parody (The skit about the blind black KKK member is based on Chappelle's Grandfather?)

2) the domain of the site is registered with Weblinc

3) the source code of the website is better than typical amateur code. It looks to me like a professionally built site.

4) the sketches filmed (but never aired) for the third season are premiering on Comedy Central in April and May.

It's a great read though. Hilarious in bits, and looking at it with viral marketing in mind it's hard to think anyone takes it seriously. Waking up with Oprah holding a gun to your head? Wow. Also, a lot of the guys "sources" are people who overheard the Black Crusaders talking in various restaurants. How did he find these diners? Did he put out an ad? Would a secret cabal really leave notes behind (notes that evidently spelled out the whole plot) when they left the hotel?

I'm not saying Oprah isn't the nefarious leader of an underground Cabal, but this site is just there to get people talking. At least it's more entertaining than a billboard.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join