It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who recognize these project?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Greetings!

I just knew these pictures belong to project before Viggen prototype.

i22.photobucket.com...

i22.photobucket.com...

i22.photobucket.com...

i22.photobucket.com...

I anounced that Matej given me but without caption

Mod Edit: Images Reduced To Links.

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
it looks like they might be an early SR-71 prototypes.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The first photo is unlikely, because it is signed JmC86, so I think that the 86 is the year it was drawn in. The first one looks like an interceptor to me, everything else, possibly early SR-71 designs as said before.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i agree the first looks like a russian interceptor maby a early SU-24? the second looks a lot like a F-94 or a 104

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yeah? And why would SAAB be designing planes for Lockheed and Sukhoi?

emile already told you these were precursors to the Viggen.

I wish I could help emile but I haven't seen those designs before.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 24-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
triple post, bloody internet

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
What would those RAM jets be for though? who needs a Mach-3 interceptor? oh wait...that's right...the Blackbird was intended to be a Mach-3 interceptor, and the MiG-25/31 is designed to be a interceptor that is Mach-3 capable.

the first one kinda resembles the RA-5 Vigilante, the others indeed look like very blackbird-esque designs.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What ramjets
Theres no mention of ramjets, or mach 3, only three view outlines.

Everyone, what emile is asking you is to identify, or supply information if you can, on these designs which are all jet fighter studies which predate the SAAB Viggen which flew in 1967. The layout is simply a popular one of the time as should bnot be viewed as indicating ramjets, mach 3 three performance or anything else that reminds you of the Blackbird.

edit for bad mood rant, inappropriate.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They look SR-71ish, Actually they look more like the Bristol 188 test aircraft.

Or that big white proposed British supersonic bomber that was cancelled in the late 1950s

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i can't help but notice that the first plane has some interesting features, first of all, it has an arrestor hook, which would indicate a naval aircraft which makes it likely to be either an american or russian design primarily. Also possibly french of british. Not many other nations design naval aircraft. Also the design of the nozzles at the rear of the aircraft, they seem to have stealthy features more seen on late russian and american fighters like the F/A-22

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
i can't help but notice that the first plane has some interesting features, first of all, it has an arrestor hook, which would indicate a naval aircraft which makes it likely to be either an american or russian design primarily. Also possibly french of british. Not many other nations design naval aircraft. Also the design of the nozzles at the rear of the aircraft, they seem to have stealthy features more seen on late russian and american fighters like the F/A-22

Careful there, I believe Waynos is about to get an ulzer from all the correcting, so I'll do it for him.

No connection what-so ever to any American or Russian plane, it is a european design predated to the SAAB Viggen since before 1967.

Good.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
well done shattered, that was genuinely funny
, and thanks

I'm calm again now, I've had my hot bath

Actually the top picture is almost exactly like the Avro 739, one of the losing designs in the competition that resulted in the TSR 2 being built, but bearing in mind the question it clearly cannot be that.

I find the one with the number on the tail particulary attractive and can't help wishing at least a prototype of this design had been built. The canard one looks like a scaled down Avro 730 (wow, two Avro-alikes, what a coincidence!)

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
why would sweden build a carrier aircraft?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The hook doesn't necessarily denote a carrier aircraft, that is just something that we have come to expect. It is possible that it was intended to be a STOL aircraft (as the Viggen is - it must have been part of the requirement) and the hook was to facilitate arrested landings on stretches of public road (another standard Swedish requirement).
This would have required some sort of portable arresting cable equipment and clearly seems impractical, but that doesn't mean the idea was never explored.

In addition the Typhoon has an arrestor hook for airfiled emergencies, as may the Gripen, but I don't know about that.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
The hook doesn't necessarily denote a carrier aircraft, that is just something that we have come to expect. It is possible that it was intended to be a STOL aircraft (as the Viggen is - it must have been part of the requirement) and the hook was to facilitate arrested landings on stretches of public road (another standard Swedish requirement).
This would have required some sort of portable arresting cable equipment and clearly seems impractical, but that doesn't mean the idea was never explored.

It's true, just because it has hook doesn't mean it must be carrier based.Also F-22 has arresting hook too and it doesn't mean it's navy plane.

The F-22 has an arresting hook in an enclosed fairing between the engines on the underside of the aircraft. This hook is deployed in an emergency to stop the aircraft by means of hooking on to a wire strung out across the end of a runway. These barrier engagements work very similar to the arresting gear of an aircraft carrier. While the F-22 has an arresting hook, it cannot land on an aircraft carrier, as the F-22 does not have the heavier structure necessary to withstand the stresses of a carrier landing. The shape of the arresting hook is not compatible with low observable design, and that is why the fairing and doors are required.

link

why do the USAF planes have arresting hook&can USAF planes with hook land on carrier?

[edit on 24-12-2005 by longbow]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I worried that something Waynos didn't know, that would be no one know it. Where is Matej? Come on! help!
here is one more which looks like a Canada according to emblem or Australia acording to ARAF project being very close to Chengdu J-10 but seems must to be a Forward Swept Wing
external image
this picture is a Bolivia aircraft, that looks like China FC-1 shape mix IAR-93 who know more????

[edit on 25-12-2005 by emile]

[edit on 25-12-2005 by emile]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is it definitely Bolivian, not Romanian? Eh, emile?

[edit on 25-12-2005 by waynos]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry, It is Romania aircraft. Because I feel too tied as it was midnight so looks the color in the middle emblem is green. Now, I recogenized that original big one is blue.
I still doubt that someone could tell me what type it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
the design looks like an early mirage F1s any idea what dates are attached to the drawing

top topics

<<   2 >>

join