It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Wartime Dictatorship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Boatphone,

I had to reply to one sarcastic remark you made about Clinton's quote:

>>quote:
>>You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a >>chance to have their fair say.
>>
>>Gee, that doesn't sound very democratic.

This is a figure of speech which means exactly that one thing that's wrong with this country is that we all have to put up with the culture of an average ignorant Joe who hates to think of himself as being average but does not want to excel either. Why would he? Average Jo can say whatever he wants and be rude about it too, and it became a cultural element. In this particular case, Clinton was interrupted during his speech and he should not have put his frustration that way but calling him non-democratic for this is simply a cheap shot.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
No strange powers are being used. The President is doing a great job. Presidents Clinton and Carter have also used Presidental powers to search and listen to citzens.

Nope! Nope! It's different! Bush is evil, remember? He can't do anything right! Plus, he's a Republican. He could only be up to no good.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the guy has his own party in control of both the house and senate, and up till recently, he has gotten just about everything he wanted from them....
he found the laws inadequate for him, so, instead of going to that ever complying seanate and house, to get those laws changed to something better suited to him, well....HE BREAKS THE LAWS!!!

can anyone prove that he wasn't tapping into the media's phone lines, finding all kinds of personal goodies to hold over journalists heads to convince them not to run any stories that were too much not to his liking, didn't nixon to something like this, and well, we impeached him.
or that he wasn't eavedropping on the democrats during the election? or hey, maybe he was listening in on some hot sex talk between husband and wife!
this is why there is oversight into these things.....to guarentee that our privacy is protected, not to mention our whole system of government! who was overseeing these taps, who agreed that they were necessary for national security....certainly wasn't FISA.....bush has made history with them for being the first president to ever have been denied!

www.upi.com...

one thing is for sure....this guy won't be impeached with the current house and senate. I hope the media blasts the facts of this loud and clear to the country, and well, we can all make our judgements known in the next election! if we decide that he should be impeached now, well, we know who not to vote for!

[edit on 27-12-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
we should wit out bush but not elect another dumbass like him. We badly need to learn from our mistakes. Also even though this is a super-overambitious idea ats could get a independant cantidate. !!!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by ludaChris
I meant no disrespect to anyone, but you and I know that phrase she claimed Bush said about being a dictator is not true(hence my reference to pulling it outta your ass). Its a terrible misrepresentation of our commander in chief and I'm not going to stand for it.

No?

Let's check out what G.W. has to say about that, shall We?

"I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president."

Hmmmm, doesn't sound very Democratish to me...

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

Must be pretty Easy on him today, ey?

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

Now I get it!

Can we win the war on terror? I don't think you can win it."

Did he mean Peace or War in this Case?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

No Sleep 'Till Osama is Found!

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

We almost had him!

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!"

President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner.

“We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."

Aha - Good! I feel Much SAFER already!

I can already see the Future - they will find them in Syria and in Iran.

How does G.W. know all this Stuff?

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job."

A Messenger from God?

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."

Coming from the President of United States, a country with the MOST weapons of mass destruction then the entire world Combined, which is the only country in recent history, that has Invaded another foreign country.

Think about it...

[edit on 24/12/05 by Souljah]

He doesnt need to explain, thats what his staff is for. All presidents have a spokesman who gets up in front of the cameras in his place more often than not.

The dictator statement was said in a jocular maner and taken out of proportion by those who dont agree or like him. I mean he said it on TV for petes sake you can hear the humor in his voice. I should have posted it earlier, and Souljah, you missed my statement correcting myself for that wrong assertion I made about the validity of whether he said it or not, there was no need for you to bring that up.
Quote on video

In the end war does bring peace, look at history, everywar had a peace, however brief or long.

Anyone can make a mistake when doing live interviews. Just because they are president doesnt make them perfect when put on the spot. Although grant you it was a pretty stupid statement about Osama. What was the context of the conversation and statement?

If you cant laugh at yourself you have no sense of humor.

He probably shouldnt have mentioned god in public, I mean we dont have a freedom of religion here.
Any Christian will tell you they feel God speaks through them, meaning they are spreading the word of God, which is the Bible.

Yes FREE nations dont attack each other, Iraq was a free nation?

We all say things that sound stupid in hindsight. The president of every nation does such things. Human beings arent perfect, well all say things without thinking at some point or another.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
aaaaawwwwww... no comments on my ats cantidate idea

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

"It's totally wiped out. ... It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground."

Turning to his aides while surveying Hurricane Katrina flood damage from Air Force One, August 31st, 2005.

"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."

To FEMA director Michael Brown, who resigned 10 days later amid criticism over his handling of the Hurricane Katrina debacle, Mobile, Alabama, September 2nd 2005.

"We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation. And then we're going to help these communities rebuild. The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter)

Touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Alabama, September 2nd, 2005.

Now, that's a Great President!

Caring.

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."

To a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, February, 4th, 2005.

Alines 4 Bush!

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

Greece, May 24th, 2005.

Now I get it!

*slaps his forhead*

[edit on 30/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
what a moron going
how is it possible to come up with such stupid stuff I keep thinking he cant get any dumber but he amazes time and time again.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Those are some nice fake pictures you got there Souljah, made me chuckle quite hard. Except the last one, I'm sure that the space alien thing gave him a good laugh as does anything out of the tabloids. Bush isnt a great speaker, its common knowledge. But if you think he made any of these comments in the context that you want people to think he did, youre wrong. Hes not a mean person, hes just like everyone, I bet he even complains about his job at times just like the rest of us do. Remember, hes a human being, he can make mistakes just like the rest of us.

[edit on 1/3/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Hes not a mean person, hes just like everyone, I bet he even complains about his job at times just like the rest of us do. Remember, hes a human being, he can make mistakes just like the rest of us.

I am sure that he is just as nice as the Next guy.

But if you ask me, Bush is nothing but a Puppet in the hands of the Puppet Masters, like Chaney, Rumsfeld and Rove - which are ofcourse connected to his Bush Senior.

Just my Opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Plus, he's a Republican.

And this has WHAT to do with Bush being a screw up? The BEST president to hold office during my life time, was a Republican! Ronald Reagan did countless great things for the US and the world. He helped to end the cold war, and reunite Germany. He also did a lot for the people. Sadly, he's gone now. The world lost a brilliant leader, and a truely Great man when Reagan died!

What makes someone a Great leader, is what they do for their people. the political party they come from is irrelivent! We need to drop the party system and get one that is about choosing Good, wise leaders, who will do a service to their people by their Leadership!

Tim

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I suppose i fyour not scared yet, then your not paying attention.

Watch what you say on here as well, you could be targeted as a person of interest and be held without your right to attain a lawyer.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's all about secrecy, if they don't let us know what is going on then we can't stop what they're doing. What are they capable of? Our rights are greatly diminshed and our middle class is heading towards the lower rung and the former lower class is off the ladder. Stay tuned for the Rise of the Fascist State or Revenge or the Underclass.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm looking at President Bush on tv. He's talking about the NSA scandal. The man looks like he's just got off an alcohol bing. I mean he's whipped bad, looking all haggard and disheavaled. He's not gonna make it till the end of his term in one piece.

[edit on 1/25/2006 by bodebliss]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I suppose i fyour not scared yet, then your not paying attention.

Watch what you say on here as well, you could be targeted as a person of interest and be held without your right to attain a lawyer.

If the US government sees the American voter a "Person of Interest", because he or she wants the government to be aware of the needs and concerns if it's Citizens, More Power to Them!

Doesn't the Constitution say something about "A government of the People, By the People, and For the People" ! If the government is conerned about the ideas America was founded on, maybe things really will get better!

B.T.W.: How does an American citizen with an idea abot how to make the nation better for everyone, who doesn't even take part in public protest, become a "Person of Intrest" just for having an oppinion? I though sharing oppinions was protected under the 1st Amendment!

Tim

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join