It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Weeks Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yes, its coming and you don't know how it will end. One thing is for sure that this movie if it was as good as 28 days later will be fantastic and add to the zombie/biological horror thing.

us.imdb.com...

mod edit:

Link
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

Capitals in thread titles and thread content translates to shouting on the internet, please don't shout.

And in future please provide links to such claims, it'll make such statements more believable and thus more interesting to the reader, thus creating better threads.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Holy Sh**! I always wanted to know how things ended up. 28 days later was a masterpiece as far as im concerned. Cant wait to see this.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
28 Days Later was one of the best film ever made. Just goes to show that Britian can make decient films too.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I really loved that film. It kept you on edge and the plot was great I thought. Better than anything george romero ever did, his zombies sucked, they were slow and predictable. I loved how they would rush and attack quickly seemed more realistic to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I always thought that Romero's zombies were deliberately done like that, part of how his films were social observations as well as horrors, so its difficult to compare his zombies to those of 28 Days Later. That said, the fast moving and brutal zombies of 28 Days Later make for much more effective horror, and I definitely prefer them to Romero's.

A sequel to 28 Days would be very interesting. I'd be keen to see....

-spoiler-

...how the infected managed to survive for 28 weeks, because at the end of '28 Days' they started to die off due to starvation.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Paul]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I didnt like the 28 Days Later movie. Quite frankly it bored me.

Altho I did think that Christopher Eccleston was brilliant in it.

I have to add... that Im a huge Zombie movie fan so I was very dissapointed that I didnt like it.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by SapphireHarlequin]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
WOW! Can't wait for this one. 28 Days Later was one of the best British movies made and I'm confident this one wont disappoint.

I have to disagree on the George Romero point though, he's an amazing film maker. His zombies are better than any because they actually have 'life'

Go zombies!

EDIT- Hold one a darn moment! The Americans come back to sort things out? Pfft, talk about sucking up...............

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
YES!!!!! Cant wait to see it.
Is Cillian Murphy in it? they guy from the 1st one?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
IMDB doesn't say anything about it, but the movie doesn't come out until 2007, so news will probably come in in pieces.

The Americans coming over to 'help' is kinda annoying though. Can't we British have our own bloody movie?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
When I watched the first 45 minutes of 28 days later I felt like I was growing a beard while watching paint dry. It was the most boring movie I have ever attempted to finish watching.

As for the Americans showing up fix things
Why does it matter if they are American or German or African? As long as the guns are big enough.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It matters because this is supposed to be a British movie, not an American. I have nothing against America, but they do seem to be butting into everything lately. I mean, in the real world.

The British forces were made out to be evil in the first one, why? Can't we have an ounce of patriotism?!?!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well if this really happened in the UK and your millitary was gone, wouldnt you want someone to help get your country back on its feet? Id be glad to go help out if it happened, I have friends there, I wouldnt want to leave them hanging.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Americans coming to help?
First thing that popped into my mind was "yes, that is how the US would invade GB!" - things get so much more exiting when you put your own spin on the story.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I loved the first movie, it was pretty hardcore. The second one doesn't live up to it, which was disappointing after hearing all the furor about it. And it certainly wasn't the goriest movie of this year. However, the opening scene is one of my favourites out of any movie, it really does get the adrenaline pumping.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Subcomandante

I rented the movie the day it was released after unwittingly renting 28 Days Later the week before. It is true that the original was better than the second. However, the opening scene from 28 Weeks Later (along with the accompanying music) has been replaying in my head for the past week. Awesome series.

top topics

join