It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

missing time......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
some people say the pyramids were built in 10000bc but while the history books say that the egyptian civilization existed 5000-2000 years ago. but the evidence for the pyramids being 12000 years old is first there is rain and percipitation erosion from heavy rains like the ones in the east coast and rainforests and that could have only happened 12000 years ago plus the fact that the the pyramids aligned 3 major stars that were only in that area in the sky 12000 years ago anyway between that time 10000 bc and 2000bc what happened? 8000 years of missing useless time......

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is the time "missing"?

Originally posted by pointlessness
some people say the pyramids were built in 10000bc but while the history books say that the egyptian civilization existed 5000-2000 years ago.

Okay, let me clear up a few things, here:

The people who can go in and read Egyptian hieroglyphs like you can read a web page, the ones who have gone out and dug up the sites say that Egyptian civilization began around 5000 BC (about 7,000 years ago) in the Nile Valley.

The people who claim that the pyramids are older are not, in fact, scientists. They are writers and economists (no historians) who never went on archaeological digs. I don't think they're familiar with all the things that were found in this civilization.

but the evidence for the pyramids being 12000 years old is first there is rain and percipitation erosion from heavy rains like the ones in the east coast and rainforests and that could have only happened 12000 years ago plus the fact that the the pyramids aligned 3 major stars that were only in that area in the sky 12000 years ago anyway between that time 10000 bc and 2000bc

Actually, the erosion evidence is ONLY for the sphynx, and is very controversial. There hasn't been any proof of the claim.

People lived in that area for a long time and had the ability to write for a very long time (about 7,000 years.) During that time, no mention was made of the sphynx being old or mysterious.

Just like we don't talk about the Statue of Liberty being old or mysterious. Everyone knew where the Sphynx came from (or saw it being constructed.)

The pyramid alignments (actually there are nine of them there and there are another 100+ in Egypt alone) were apparently aligned astronomically, but not earlier than 2000 BC.

The "aligned with stars in the sky" is VERY misleading. If I walk outside of my house herein Texas, I can see that Orion's belt is aligned with my house. When I stood outside on the deck of a cruise ship in Alaska, I saw that Orion's belt was "aligned with the deck of the cruise ship."

The stars are big and far away. EVERYTHING on Earth is aligned with the stars... all of them.

what happened? 8000 years of missing useless time......

Remember that the Earth is billions of years old, and people have only lived together in large groups (civilizations) for 10,000 years or less (before then, they lived in wandering tribes... and long before that, no homo sapiens were around.)

We know a bit about these times, but not everyone writing or doing popular television shows about these times has actually done a lot of research on what archaeologists, paleontologists, biologists, and anthropologists and historians have discovered about these eras. And too many of those people writing/producing shows simply take one piece of evidence, make a theory, and then treat that theory as a reality without checking other evidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
All hail Byrd, bringer of wisdom and all that is wise for he lays the truth before us, we mere mortals praise your words and offer you our thanks for opening our minds to your vast array of knowledge and determination.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Okay, let me clear up a few things, here:

The people who can go in and read Egyptian hieroglyphs like you can read a web page, the ones who have gone out and dug up the sites say that Egyptian civilization began around 5000 BC (about 7,000 years ago) in the Nile Valley.

The people who claim that the pyramids are older are not, in fact, scientists. They are writers and economists (no historians) who never went on archaeological digs. I don't think they're familiar with all the things that were found in this civilization.

Not quite right. Semir Osmanagic is archeologist, with his PhD thesis in Mayan civilization, and he is the one that believes that pyramids are older then current archeology is telling us.

In the early days of archeology some claims were taken as final answers to questions that science and archeology of that time could not answer. Today to prove something, archeologist has to fight myths created early.

Actually, the erosion evidence is ONLY for the sphynx, and is very controversial. There hasn't been any proof of the claim.

People lived in that area for a long time and had the ability to write for a very long time (about 7,000 years.) During that time, no mention was made of the sphynx being old or mysterious.

Just like we don't talk about the Statue of Liberty being old or mysterious. Everyone knew where the Sphynx came from (or saw it being constructed.)

The pyramid alignments (actually there are nine of them there and there are another 100+ in Egypt alone) were apparently aligned astronomically, but not earlier than 2000 BC.

Wasn’t there another proof of salt found in the Great Pyramid? Just simple question on how big workforce has built pyramid will lead us that Egyptians were not able to built them, at least not in the time frame today’s archeology is claiming.

The "aligned with stars in the sky" is VERY misleading. If I walk outside of my house herein Texas, I can see that Orion's belt is aligned with my house. When I stood outside on the deck of a cruise ship in Alaska, I saw that Orion's belt was "aligned with the deck of the cruise ship."

The stars are big and far away. EVERYTHING on Earth is aligned with the stars... all of them.

As far as I know, they said that position of pyramids on Giza plateau is in alignment of Orion Belt’s position in sky in 10500 BC. But I agree with you that this sound very fishy. Also there are some major stars from Orion Belt that are missing in position. (Or that might represent a clue where to dig
)

Remember that the Earth is billions of years old, and people have only lived together in large groups (civilizations) for 10,000 years or less (before then, they lived in wandering tribes... and long before that, no homo sapiens were around.)

We know a bit about these times, but not everyone writing or doing popular television shows about these times has actually done a lot of research on what archaeologists, paleontologists, biologists, and anthropologists and historians have discovered about these eras. And too many of those people writing/producing shows simply take one piece of evidence, make a theory, and then treat that theory as a reality without checking other evidence.

Well, one more claim that people are not informed, nor they did research while claiming that there as well might be older civilization unknown to our history?! Can you prove your claim? Some of the people you discredited gave their lives in research to prove their finds, but because inability of some archeologists to accept new ideas, which would change whole world’s history there were not able to do so.

[edit on 1/13/06 by vietifulJoe]

new topics

top topics

join