It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Texas and the Patriot Act (and Alex Jones)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
He is abrasive, he is abusive, but he is also correct!

"The very first thing the Patriot Act does is allows the FBI and the CIA and Department of Justice and other agencies to cooperate with each other," Assistant U.S. Attorney Ron Sievert said, "and share information, so that we can make sure we can spot, identify terrorists and hopefully prevent terrorism."

But in the middle of our conversation, activist Alex Jones called the assistant attorney a liar. He says the Patriot Act gives permission to search homes without warrants.

www.prisonplanet.com...

City's resolution also opposes passage of USA Patriot Act II

The Austin City Council officially put in writing its criticism of the USA Patriot Act on Thursday, joining the more than 170 cities and counties nationwide that have passed similar resolutions.

Council Members Jackie Goodman, Daryl Slusher, Danny Thomas and Raul Alvarez voted for the resolution, which also opposed the passing of the USA Patriot Act II. Mayor Will Wynn and Council Members Brewster McCracken and Betty Dunkerley abstained.

www.statesman.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes, the Patriot Act has created a bit of an uproar in Austin. I've seen people, of varying ages, speaking out against the Patriot Act. It's nice to see people standing up for themselves..Perhaps I should do so more often?! In fact, I think we all should.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Another city joins the list

(Chicago-AP) -- The Chicago City Council today passed a resolution asking Congress to reconsider parts of the U.S. Patriot Act that critics say violate Americans' constitutional rights.

The resolution is a compromise. The original called for the repeal of the federal law put in place after September eleventh, 2001, to help the government's war on terrorism.

Aldermen voted 37 to seven to pass the resolution.

www.wbbm780.com...

new topics

join