It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Risks To The UK.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Channel 4 News has hired a risk assessor to list the top ten risks to the UK. Many of the topics will be very familiar to ATSers.

1. Gulf Stream Collapse
2. Flu Pandemic
3. London/Thames Estuary Flood Defence Failure
4. Catastrophic Sea-level rise
5. Major Thames Valley/London Winter Storm
6. Strategic Earthquake
7. Climate-perturbing volcanic eruption
8. South-coast Tsunami
9. Sellafield explosion and fallout
10. Nuclear terrorist attack on the City

For a more detailed info on each risk and an idea of how it was collated visit Channel 4 News

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What............no terrorism? Al Qaeda more specifically.

The climate in the UK is already kind of crappy, so how much worse could it possibly get?

Peace

edit: Well, there it is at no. 10. I read that list multiple times and read right over it multiple times. I've set a new standard for being a degenerate.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Channel 4 News has hired a risk assessor to list the top ten risks to the UK. Many of the topics will be very familiar to ATSers.

1. Gulf Stream Collapse

This has got to be the worst, that's pretty much all that makes life in the UK viable.

Ironically, an increase in temperature triggers this, which then crashes the temperature in W Europe ...

Originally posted by John bull 1
9. Sellafield explosion and fallout

... or any of the other Uk facilities I guess, including any one of the assortment of French nuclear facilities along the channel.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I saw this on the channel 4 news and it made me really really angry. In fact I was furious. I believe the title was:

Happy New Fear

I strongly believe that the media in this country is completely out of control. They are not reporting the issues that matter. They are not reporting with any kind of integrity or impartiality and this is another shocking example of the media doing its best to install fear in people.

Its a cheap trick to sell papers/get rating sand Im sick of it. The trouble is a lot of the population will buy it. Heck this is the reason I stopped buying newspapers because of the manipulation that goes on within them and if anyone wants a detailed description of my personal experince with this I will let you know. Its a cracking story!

For gods sake, its not even the new year and they are already trying to scare people.

I say death to corporate media. Bring back small independant outfits. Bring back some journalism with some balls and for gods sake bring back some integrity.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
its true, britains five free (if you dont count the tv licence charge) channels are becoming more and more like the sky news i hate. And to c, and thatssee channel 4 of them all doing it is very sad indeed, i always thought they were one of the best, the only news channel out there (i know off) that doesnt throw shock horror reports or use other attention grabbing methods is the bbc, and thats because they get money anywy, without adverts. I think we should have more bbc-like channels and MUCH less "glitz" news channels like sky news, and (to a certain extent) itv and channel 5 news.

What do u guys think?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by noisy_brit_kid
its true, britains five free (if you dont count the tv licence charge) channels are becoming more and more like the sky news i hate. And to c, and thatssee channel 4 of them all doing it is very sad indeed, i always thought they were one of the best, the only news channel out there (i know off) that doesnt throw shock horror reports or use other attention grabbing methods is the bbc, and thats because they get money anywy, without adverts. I think we should have more bbc-like channels and MUCH less "glitz" news channels like sky news, and (to a certain extent) itv and channel 5 news.

What do u guys think?

Totally agree. I used to watch Channel 4 but they have really let themselves down now. Most of my news I get off ATSNN because at least it has standards and allows for structured and informed comment.

Bring back low tech news, to hell with the computer generated backgrounds and lets have substance over style.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think that civil war in Irland could be concidord a threat. i for one do not belive that the IRA and other terorist networks from that country have disarmed. We have seen it before and will see it again before the end of the decade.
All it would take would be one of those groupes to find a 'Dirty Bomb' and that would be the start of the British Civil War Part Deux.

top topics

join