It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New rings found around Uranus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Apparently they found two new rings around uranus recently, to me this is just shows how little we know about our own solar system. Now just imagine what lies beyond. Here is the link

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You have no idea how hard it is to keep from making a truly crude and totally obscene comment here!!

Whoa! New Rings around Uranus. I was unaware Uranus even had rings. I thought Saturn was the only one. I'm not up on my astronomy like I should be. Thanks for the Info Mr. Swampy.

Everytime NASA makes a discovery like this it reassures me my tax dollars aren't being wasted.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jupiter has a small ring, Uranus is i believe 80+ degrees on its side and spins 'up n down' compaired to the other plantes. Why its like that, no one knows...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
Apparently they found two new rings around uranus recently

So thats we're I left 'em

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
shame there arnt any pictures of those rings

or did i miss them on that link ?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They probably wont have pics to release yet, and oh man I had to bite my tounge so no crude (but funny) comments would fly off my keyboard.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have rings around my anus

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know that they changed how you say the name from yur-anus...to...u-ranus, But is it really to late to just change the name to something more appropriate.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I must admit having similar (Charmin)g thoughts as expressed above.

Truely an unfortunate name for what is I'm sure is a very nice planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
But is it really to late to just change the name to something more appropriate.

At the time the planet was named, I'm sure they wern't thinking of jokes, but in respect for the Gods. Maybe everyone should grow up a bit, eh?

Enough of the Uranus jokes.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks cmdrkeen, I would like to have seen some jokes made during that time about a god. I bet they were pertty touchy on that subject. But i read that the one ring is being formed by dust from a moon. Does that mean that it is being slowy pulled into uranus instead of moving away like our moon?

top topics

join