It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ghosts In A 4th Dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think that ghosts and spirits are not in the same dimesion as us. They are probably in a 4th dimension which is why we connot see them with the naked eye.
I have some photos that have orbs in them and have wondered why they show up on the photo but we cannot see them with the naked eye.
A reason why I think they can show up an photo/video could be because when you take a photo that has a mirror/window you'll see a reflection. The same could be with something like orbs were the flash reflects off of them and allowing them to show up on the photo.
The reason that I thought of this is because I haven't seen any of my photos that have been taking outside in the daytime where the flash has not been used that have orbs in them. Only some photos taking inside where the flash was used had the orbs in them.
So I think that ghost/orbs may be in a different dimension and that the flash in cameras make them show up in pictures and allow up to see them.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would say that about 90% of orbs you can see are a result of dust particles in the air. Your theory that the flash causes light to reflect off them is right. The light hits dust particles, and you see the flash of light in the air wherever a nice big piece of dust is floating.

I can't find the link, but there was a thread where someone actually purposefully tried to create orbs. All it took was hitting the couch a few times to knock some dust into the air, and taking a photo with a flash. Instant orbs

There are some that are harder to explain, such as non-round ones, ones that seem to be different colors or unusually bright, or orbs that are streaking.

Have you ever seen a beam of sunlight shining through the window, and you can see a bunch of little particles in the air as they float through the light? But you can't seem them the rest of the time? Same principal.

As for what people traditionally think of as 'ghosts', if they exist in any dimension, it would be the 5th.

I have a ton of pictures I have taken containing orbs, and I would write them all off as dust. I do have one interesting video with orbs in it, though. So yeah, about 90% of orbs are just dust or insects or rain. The other 10% (maybe less than that?) are questionable.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nah the reason that camera's and video's catch them is simply because that camera hasn't been brought up with a right and wrong way of seeing the world. ( not meaning to sound like camera's are living )

When we are young we are taught thats green, thats blue etc, u cant put your hand through a solid object etc. Even though practically all of an atom is a vacuum of air and space. We create reality from what we know, there for only see what we believe to be true.

A camera, and animals 4 that matter react to things that we havn't seen because they have no memory in their brain of what they should be seeing. They see it as they see it.

Some people forget, yes our brain is incredibly powerfull, but it's not the do all and end all. Just because we can't see things / matter with our naked eyes, and our brain can't grasp or comprehend it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Just that we have conditioned ourselves in making our own reality over the years from what we have learnt to be apparantly true. It's like that old saying - open your mind. Don't always believe and trust your own eyes

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Arawn]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Arawn, I've heard the same thing about young children seeng auras. Supposedly everyone sees auras before about 4, and after that they are too conditioned and just taught not to. Like if you look in young children's drawings, the people are always surrounded with light or a rainbow or something, but as they grow up they are just either taught that it's wrong, or made fun of for it and they stop doing it/seeing it.

I don't think the same thing can be said for orbs though. I think they're just dust. If you shine a flashlight, you can see dust in the same way that a camera's flash captures them in a split second.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When you see orbs in pictures why are most of the times you see them they are in the a shape of a circle and not another shape?

[edit on 22-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well that's one of many questions surrounded the weird field of orbs...

Atm science has no explanation 4 these orb things. And even we don't know where or why they appear in certain area's. Just atm we see them mostly around haunted locations when people are taking digital photo's so we automatically link it with ghosts and the paranormal.

The truth is though, or a theory anyway could be - that they could happen everywhere and that we just don't take enough digital pictures to find a link with everyday life

The mystery goes on...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
I think that ghosts and spirits are not in the same dimesion as us. They are probably in a 4th dimension which is why we connot see them with the naked eye.

lol by 4th demension do u mean heaven/hell

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I did not mean 4th dimension as Heaven/Hell. I just ment it as a different dimmension form ours.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't think dimension is the proper word to use here. Dimension is a term used to define an objects shape and size. Anything that exists, exists in all dimensions.

As far as I know, time is considered widely to be the 4th dimension. According to Relativity, space and time are iterconnected. Space-time, as it's called, is the fabric of the universe and is what we move through as everything goes along.

String theory proposes that there are many dimensions. The numbers go as high as 26. These dimensions are mostly subatomic in size, so we can't see them. It's like if you looked at a telephone line from far away, it would look like a 1 dimensional line, it's lengh. As you got closer you could make out it's hight, the second dimension. Then if oyu were right up close to that line you could probably make out it's depth too. That's the third dimension. The rest are so small, we ust can't see them.

String theory is based on super small bands of vibrating energy, like a string on a violin. The same way a different sound is heard when vibrating a string on a violin, different forms of matter or energy are formed when strings vibrate. These strings are so small that if an atom were the size of our solar system, a string would be the size of an oak tree.

There are 2 types of strings, open and closed. The closed strings are like rubber bands, and the open strings are like the strings on a violin. Closed strings can vibrate on their own, but open strings need their ends to connect to something.

On one of the dimensions that string theory proposes, a single string can exist as something called a membrane, that encompases the whole universe. This is what the open strings connect to. It's these strings that make up most of our observable universe. We can only physically interact with things whose strings are connected to the same membrane that we are.

String theory also allows for multiple universes. Each universe is created by collisions between membranes in the 11th dimension. Each Universe is an individual universe, with it's own set of rules. The laws of physics that apply here, don't necessarily apply there. The interesting thing is that these universes exist right on top of us, just connected to another membrane.

Closed strings are interesting because they don't need to connect to any membrane, they just float along passing through these membranes. It is thought that a graviton, the elementary particle responible for gravitational attraction, is a closed string.

If that's the case, it would be interesting to think of other things being able to pass through the multiverse. Maybe our conciousness is a closed string. I may exist passing through multiple universes. Maybe when we die, it floats on through to other universes, and sometimes back here. That's where your leap of faith has to come into play.

fun to think about.

(edited for typos, but probably didn't get them all.)

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think you have the right idea, Rasobasi420!! I think if something exists, it exists in all dimensions. A different form or slightly different variation of that object will be present in all dimensions.
For example, in this dimension we have a physical body. But in the astral plane we have our subtle astral body. And in a even higher plane our astral body is even more different yet, like more defined and intelligent.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't presume to know what other universes there are, or what rules they have. The "astral plane" isn't another dimension, just another universe. If our conciousness exists in this universe, in order to exist in the astral plane it must be a closed string.

My main point is that dimensions and universes are different.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

While I agree that "ghosts" reside in the 4th dimension, this has nothing to do with the flash of a camera. They can be seen without a flash, but not with one. They light they shine is very dim, and of mostly a green wavelength in visible light. I say they reside in a 4th dimension because they do not interact with matter the way anything 3 dimensional would. If they are 3 dimensional, then they must be out of phase with normal matter. This is from first hand experience with other eyewitnesses.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It is the notion of dimension that needs to be understood. It is like the spiritual realms what are they? Can we even describe "dimensions" in our terms in this world. I have seen a ghost or spirit or what even it was.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I might consider it if you could define for me what the fourth dimension is.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

Simple answer - Yes.

If your reference to 4th dimension is time then yes, spirits have access to view the past, present and some of the future.

When a curse is issued out, a spirit will view the past event and decide if the revenge is justified. If not justified, the curse always comes back onto the attacker 10 fold.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Wouldnt the 4th dimension infer a more complex form of being? Timeless... hmmm. Maybe but im thinking its also formless and not just timeless. I mean if i play with this idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by onequestion

Wouldnt the 4th dimension infer a more complex form of being? Timeless... hmmm. Maybe but im thinking its also formless and not just timeless. I mean if i play with this idea.

Maybe.

From what i have learnt there are 7 dimensions, both good and bad.

We have all heard of the 7 heavens where 3 planes (vectors XYZ) are physical and the other 4 are spiritual. The internet will probably have multiple references as to what their names are.

Evil also has an equivalent of 3D + 4 spiritual hells (desolation of Hades, mud pits of Sheol, Tartarus angel prison and the Lake of Fire)

The universe has the first 3 dimensions both good and bad that we are in right now.

How far do you want to take this idea that you want to play with ?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Whats the experience of the 7th dimension? Whats it like?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Don't know that one.

The Book of Enoch has some good examples of heaven.

i have only experienced Hades, Tartarus, Lake of Fire, Sheol and the paradise that once existed before the great flood during the days of Noah.

new topics

top topics

join