It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Drudge Dissinformation (Carter and Clinton)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Again, I ask, in all of your infinite wisdom, what should we do? If you could tell the president right now, how would you correct and obtain the information he has allowed to be recieved?

(crickets) (more crickets)

(more crickets)

PS.

Do you truly think we would be better off with a presidnet who wants to dismantle the military, so that when the Chinese do say goodbye to Wal mArts, they invade but the democrats closed all the bases. Oh, gosh darn.

i would just ask to get a warrant so there is a check and balance thats it as for "dismantle the military" no we need them i have nothing against the military... i just in general have a problem with abuse of power (from anyone) thats why i think the usa is great we have checks and balances i just wanna make sure they are used and not find ways to go around them in any situation. if this turns out not to be an abuse of power then good.. if it does then something should be done

brian

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BTW, and as I've stated before, I may defend Bush against all this ceaseless bashing, but I also agree that wiretaps, etc. should be done under the law and not around it.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
....but I also agree that wiretaps, etc. should be done under the law and not around it.

Yeah, I would agree, as well.
Accordingly, till proven otherwise, the Bush administration is doing such within the "rule of law".

seekerof

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomic811
i will state i am not a dem or repub. so reguardless of which party was in office i will state this ......because bush did this i think its time people wake up and boot him out of office. he talks alot of his presidental powers.. in case people forgot.. we are the power because "we are the people" and any power he has is from us.. i say its time we take the power back.

Brian

This is the smartest thing I've heard in a long time. Thankyou for this atomic
. I'm sorry for the off-topicness but the people have suffered long enough with war, poverty, terrorism, hatred etc. We need to take this country back, this is our america, our home.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The information posted on Drudge is correct, you can see this in seekerof's post above. Case closed.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush's handling of this sinister plot to check out all Americans is going above and beyond what would be necessary. He's establishing his base for his dictatorship-

Wow, checking out "All Americans".
Could you tell me how many times the Bush Administration has used these "dictatorial powers" to monitor anybody's conversations to people outside the U.S.?

Time is of the essence especially in regards to information that could lead to a terrorist act. The Foreign Intelligence Survelliance Act (FISA) does provide a framework for doing this however it is not the most timely of processes.
www.epic.org...

Under FISA, the Justice Department reviews applications for counterintelligence warrants by agencies before submitting them to the FISC. The Attorney General must personally approve each final FISA application. The application must contain, among other things:

a statement of reasons to believe that the target of the surveillance is a foreign power or agent of a foreign power, (subject to the relevant amendments made by the USA-PATRIOT Act, discussed below)

a certification from a high-ranking executive branch official stating that the information sought is deemed to be foreign intelligence information, and that the information sought cannot reasonably be obtained by normal investigative techniques;

statements regarding all previous applications involving the target;

detailed description of the nature of the information sought and of the type of communication or activities to be subject to the surveillance;

the length of time surveillance is required;

whether physical entry into a premises is necessary, and

proposed procedures to minimize the acquisition, use, and retention of information concerning nonconsenting U.S. persons.

Not just any judge can approve FISA requests either in fact:

FISA established a special court--the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC)-- composed of seven federal district court judges appointed by the Chief Justice for staggered terms and from different circuits. Individual judges of the FISC review the Attorney General's applications for authorization of electronic surveillance aimed at obtaining foreign intelligence information. The FISC meets two days monthly.

There are times when we have had to act quickly on information that may or may not have led to stopping a terrorist act. We cannot let any potential scrap of information just float by without investigating further.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Nothing like a moldy piece of pie

Bush's handling of this sinister plot to check out all Americans is going above and beyond what would be necessary. He's establishing his base for his dictatorship- I wonder when he will once and for all come out with this bit of news...? Before OR after the Russian/Chinese/UN invasion of the United States? My guess is during.....

What a gem. And even when this happens there will be Seekerof, screaming from the rooftops...and waving his flag.."You cant touch me. Bush is my lord"

You can not be serious with that statement. Do you think before you type or do you let someone else do your thinking for you. Once again I would like to ask as someone else did before, where has Bush used his so called dictatorial tactics? I mean one example where he has exercised absolute authority without his powers granted to him in the constitution or other statutes as President of the United States.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Mod Edit: If you cannot be nice.............

[edit on 12/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just wait and see. Wait and see. I think before i post, I dont need a tutorial, thank you!

My opinion is not only mine but reflects many's opinion. The word "Dictator" HAS been thrown around a LOT lately, not only here but on TV. This man has ambitions, oh yes he does. I DONT beleive he will ever reach that point, because SOMETHING will surely be done if that were to happen. The people arent that stupid. Neither is Congress.

Of course, on the other hand you might be right. A REAL wannabe dictator endears as many people as possible to him- pffft! Has this one? No.
Apologize for him all you want.
I dont have to . Its my right (so far).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join