It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of the United States a Liar?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by MrBunny
Ohh and BTW.. I am quite capable and willing to tell people exactly what I think of them, in person or not.. and I often have... have no doubt of that at all.

I know that this is doesnt concern me but,
I dont know where you come from but in my neighborhood you would find yourself dead in 1 min with an attitude like that, no matter who you are !!

So let me get this straight.... the first half of your response you state that someone who lies about being blown or cheats on his wife cant be trusted with the nation because one is directly relevant to the other and thus equal in importance and repercussion...

then you respond to me that "in your neighborhood" I would be dead for being honest.

so....... essentially you only want to hear the truth as long as it fits into your tiny views and does not offend your delicate sensibilities... otherwise go ahead and lie to your face as long as it keeps everyone happy.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah I saw the video and I have this to say, what makes you people think that this video shows the President as a liar ?? The Patriot act was passed by Congress was it not ? So they approve it and this means that the wire taps are legal unless the Congress were to withdraw that legislation. Now that they are refusing to continue with it then it would make wiretaps beyond 72 hours illegal.
otherwise I seen no prob with it. Also the Senetor for Wisconsin is stating his opinion in the video it would seem to me and not necessarily that of the entire congress. Moreover he is a democrat, so obvioulsy he would see it as affrontery the Presidents assertion that he has the authority to introduce such laws.

you seem to have missed the point.. it has nothing to do with the wiretap itself.. that is perfectly legal... as long as it is done legally. aka with a warrent..

That is what makes it illegal is that he never went through the appropriate legal process.

example... With a warrent the local police can use a battering ram to bust down your door, throw in flash bang grenades and haul your butt into jail.

What do you think you could do if they did that and never went through the process of getting a warrent.

worse yet... because they didn't get a warrent... they busted down your door instead of your neighbors who they were really looking for.

Would you have a problem with that?

[edit on 1/19/2006 by MrBunny]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Agreed the war in Iraq didn’t have solid grounding on the WMD claims but it was good for people of Iraq in general and to the entire region in general.

You don't get how dangerous this is, do you? Let's up the stakes for the sake of making a point!

If Busk lied about Iraq to start a war, it is possible for him to lie again and start another war! Let's Hypothetically say, Bush goes after Kim Jung Ill in North Korea.

This time the lie prvokes an all out war. as conflick gets worse, Ill feels trapped and decides he has nothing to lose from taking a risk. In a desprate Effort to turn the tide, he launches a Nuclear Attack on the US. We now get into a nuclear exchange that kills MILLIONS OF CIVILIANS on BOTH sides.

Again I ask you, Is it REALLY WORTH IT?

There is a difference between lieing about sex and provoking a WAR! George W. Bush is a VERY dangerous man! How do you not see it?

Tim

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join