It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of the United States a Liar?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
See, in my quest to find the truth, I look at all sides of an issue before jumping to conclusions because of who posted it. I don't IGNORE the people who disagree with me and cut off half of the information. I look at all of the issue so I can make an educated decision based on all of the available information, not just the half I agree with.

That is your opinion, but since it is opinion, allowme to interject my own opinion: what you mention above may be what you feel and think you do, but your own responses on some issues indicate otherwise, Benevolent Heretic. Ponder and refute that, as I know that you undoubtedly will.

seekerof

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

It will not turn you into a democrat Centurion trust me.

Not worried about that. So, what did it take to "turn" you?

Good candidate Centurion are none existent, since money can buy them.

We are doom to have what we have to chose from and none is better than the other they all the same and be paid by the same people.

Been on the Republican side all my life, I decided to change to the Democrat side last elections.

Now I wonder is voting is even worth anymore.

Sorry centurion but Bush is a bad apple.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That is your opinion, but since it is opinion, allowme to interject my own opinion: what you mention above may be what you feel and think you do, but your own responses on some issues indicate otherwise, Benevolent Heretic. Ponder and refute that, as I know that you undoubtedly will.

Refute what? Your opinion? Sorry to disappoint. You're entitled to your opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

Good thing this is in slug fest because the subject of the thread was lost a while ago, huh?

I guess if you can't dispute the thread subject, the next best thing is to harrass the other posters. That's ok. I can take it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
centurion,you failed to see the point.I was asking you if you thought all those people that said yes to the poll and to the people on this thread that have agreed he is a liar(when it is right there on video, and in the news,and here on ATS for everyone to see)were liars because they felt Bush was a liar.
I honestly don't see how you can call all of us and those on the polls liars as well when you know none of us personally and can't make that kind of decision.

As for the church thing...of course they would answer yes to believing in god..but then again they are going to church for just that purpose.My self I didn't go to MSNBC just to take a poll.I went there to read some news as I'm sure the rest of the people polled did as well..Saw the poll read all the options and made my choice.

I personally think anyone that would waste their Sundays and give away their money to an entity that noone has ever seen is foolish.BUT you don't see me standing outside churches calling them fools just because they believe it.

You said that those that believe Bush is a liar are no more than liars themselves.Why?

The man and his entire staff need to be brought up on charges,impeached,and sent to one of their "covert"prisons and denied lawyers and visiters and held indefinitly.Even throw some torture in there for them.See how they like it.
They impeached Clinton for alot less than what Bush has done and continues to do yet nothing is done about it.Why?Because people like you will follow him no matter what the man says or does and attack and belittle those that don't go along with it.

For everyone
I apologize to those of you I may have offended with my talk on religion.I was tryin to make a point.I, as I'm sure all of you do not appreciate being called a liar,especially because of something I or you believe.I don't judge people for what they believe or call them names for it,and I don't take kindly to it when someone does it to me.

Simon

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I guess if you can't dispute the thread subject, the next best thing is to harrass the other posters. That's ok. I can take it.

Why does that Happen ALOT of times in my Posts - why are so Many People Avoiding the REAL Topic of the Thread and the Problematics of it, and are instead focusing on the Posters?

Avoding to confront the Problems?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Why does that Happen ALOT of times in my Posts - why are so Many People Avoiding the REAL Topic of the Thread and the Problematics of it, and are instead focusing on the Posters?

Avoiding to confront the Problems?

The reason my friend is. . . . everything that we said since the beginning related to this president has come true, and reality and facts hurts.

One of the reason dictators and oppressive regimes are so good at getting and holding power is because is always the faithful that still cling to what their leaders once upheld.

pity.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
anyone who doesnt think Bush has lied is either stupid or too blind to see it.

That said lying in the presidency wouldnt be unique to the Bush Administration, after all presidents are human too. They'll lie when they believe it to be of more benefit to them than telling the truth.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
One of the reason dictators and oppressive regimes are so good at getting and holding power is because is always the faithful that still cling to what their leaders once upheld.

That is because they BENEFIT from that same Regime too - otherwise they would not support it, but critisize it. If they are Smart.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That is because they BENEFIT from that same Regime too - otherwise they would not support it, but critisize it. If they are Smart.

I wonder if is because they don't want to believe that the one in power would do the things we have seen this administration get away with.Or could it be they think patriotism is following and defending their leaders' actions no matter what?

Could it be the Either you're with us or against us comment .Maybe they are afraid of the consequences of being against them?
I sit and try to think of why anyone would still believe this president has the American peoples best interest at heart.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
As I have said before here, I supported this war strongly in the beginning. I believed our president and all that I was being told about the threat to the USA and the world from terrorism. I argued with my family that war was really justified this time.

Once I realized we had been blatantly lied to, I felt like a fool. It's embarrassing to admit that one has been fooled. I was embarrassed to have been duped, to have fallen hook, line and sinker for what now looks like such an obvious deception. It's not easy to admit.

And the people who have held on for all this time... I imagine it gets harder as time goes on to let go of the hope that they haven't been fooled. Sometimes I think that's one reason people refuse to see what's right before their eyes.

To change now would be to admit they were fooled. And they'd rather pretend than admit that.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Don't feel embarrass BH I sat in front of my TV the whole time the invasion was televised, I felt pride and joy on looking at the statue of Saddam been topple down.

I felt pride for my president the one I elected and I felt pride for my country.

I am not afraid to say all this things because I just like you was lied, and driven to believe that it was all in good faith.

What a rude awakening, now you see why I am so opposed to the present administration.

But It's OK we all make mistakes when it comes to people and leaders characters.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Refute what? Your opinion? Sorry to disappoint. You're entitled to your opinion, whether I agree with it or not.

Good thing this is in slug fest because the subject of the thread was lost a while ago, huh?

Keep talking about how objective you are, Benevolent Heretic.
Bit of advice? Never, never say that you:

I look at all sides of an issue before jumping to conclusions....

...cause you will be proven wrong. Even I am not that foolish as to assert such.

I suppose that the below linked topic was one of your finest pieces of objective "I look at all sides of an issue before jumping to conclusions" moments?
Does Bush Need a Dermatologist or is he just Plastered?

More can have been posted, but please, by all means, please feel free to continue to refute what some of us know as being otherwise.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Keep talking about how objective you are, Benevolent Heretic.
Bit of advice? Never, never say that you:

I look at all sides of an issue before jumping to conclusions....

...cause you will be proven wrong. Even I am not that foolish as to assert such.

Seekerof, I was stressing the importance of objectivity to centurian because he drew all kinds of conclusions about this thread without even having watched the video. I was using myself as an example to highlighting the importance of looking at all sides of a situation before forming an educated opinion. (Can't you tell that from my post?)

Of course I'm not always 100% objective. I am human. I have faults. Feel better?

I suppose that the below linked topic was one of your finest pieces of objective "I look at all sides of an issue before jumping to conclusions" moments?
Does Bush Need a Dermatologist or is he just Plastered?

I think Bush is a horrible president. There was a time that I was so inspired by him that his words brought tears to my eyes. I have been on both side of the Bush coin. I was objective about him. But NOW I have a firmly formed opinion of him that won't likely ever change. I am no longer objective about him. I don't wake up every morning with a 'reset' neutral opinion of him. That does not mean I'm not objective.

Besides, I ASKED is Bush drunk or just blotchy? If you read what I wrote in the post, I said, "Just one man's opinion, but I tend to agree with him. The prez is under more and more stress every day. How is he dealing with it?" I was asking for input, ideas, thoughts...

I'm glad you brought that thread up because you harassed me in that thread, too! For having an opinion! Jeez! You got a crush on me or what?

More can have been posted, but please, by all means, please feel free to continue to refute what some of us know as being otherwise.

Be my guest. Your continued needling of me instead of discussion of the issues just makes it clear that my opinions and the way I state them really get to you somehow.

That's not my intention, but the fact that you came in this thread only to criticize me and then went off looking for a post of mine that YOU think isn't objective enough to display here as a public offering of some sort - just shows me that you have an issue with ME.

If you would like to discuss or debate the subject of a thread, I'm more than willing to do that. If you wish to continue to pick at me with these irritating and harrassing little games, I'm afraid you'll have to continue without me. I suggest you grow up and get over it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Seekerof shame on you for going after BH post just for been honest of her feelings and opinions.

Shame, shame on you.

BTW merry Christmast Seekerof.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Besides, I ASKED is Bush drunk or just blotchy? If you read what I wrote in the post, I said, "Just one man's opinion, but I tend to agree with him. The prez is under more and more stress every day. How is he dealing with it?" I was asking for input, ideas, thoughts...

I think he is Drinking again...

Check this Video Out (after the Commercial
) - George Bush Drunk?

Enjoy!

EDIT: Fixed the Link!

Thanks BH!

[edit on 25/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Souljah, please check your link.

It links to a reply window!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey only lies when he is breathing.:dn
own with Bush.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Check this Video Out (after the Commercial
) - George Bush Drunk?

It's obvious that that video is slowed-down, but it is kind of funny!

Actually lately (when he's shown himself), he seems fairly sober, but he did go through a time a month or so ago that I think he was dipping. I have no doubt that we'll see more of his alleged public substance abuse in months to come.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Lemme see here, Bush's lies have always made no sense at all. Lying about not stealing the 2000 and 2004 elections right out from under the noses of both Congress and the House. I cannot forget his act of sitting there in an elementary school classroom, ignoring what was going on during 9-11. Having almost 3,000 innocent lives of Multiple Nationalities die on your soil on something that you let happen or was behind in the perpetration of. Letting an attack happen on American soil so that he could have a false pretense to go to war. Lying about the hijackers of all the aircraft saying, "They were of Iraqi desent." Lying to both Congress and the House of Representatives so they could push your "Patriot Act" into law.

Should I go on?

I Believe that I shall go on about the lies that have spewed out of the mouth of the rat.(Bush) Claiming that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction" in their possession. and that they "were ready to use those weapons against the U.S. and Israel." Hello, if Iraq had the weapons, then why haven't we found any yet in the nearly three years that we have been there? I've said this before and I'm gonna say it again dam it, "Iraq was never a threat to either the U.S., but they were a threat to Bush and Cheney's oil over in Saudi Arabia." This man has also said that "Al-Qaida" will strike inside the United States again in the future. They will strike inside the U.S. again when Bush calls up his pal Osama and tells him to attack so that he can have a cause for war against Iran.

Katrina.

One of the worst natural disasters to strike the United States in history. A tragedy like this one WOULD HAVE BEEN averted if Bush wouldn't have sit on his arse in Crawford for nearly a week. He knew that Katrina was coming and coming fast, and he did nothing to help evacuate the people before the thing hit. Lemme rephrase that, he sat on his fat, oil-riding, and greedy arse for nearly a week when perhaps thousands of people died of malnutrition in New Orleans alone! Him and Mike "right man for the screwup" Brown sent friendly emails back and forth to each other during a crisis. Who really knows how many people were killed during and after Katrina? It took Bush five days to DECIDE whether or not to send aid down to the Gulf Coast. Did you notice that most of the people that did not have a way out of New Orleans were Black? This makes me think that these actions were racially motivated. Bush, redneck, Texas; Get the picture?

I have just recently found out that there is talk of impeachment proceedings to take place against both Bush and Cheney. If they are impeached, which they most certainly will, I hope that both of their damned asses are thrown into a Maximum Security Federal Penitentury. I do ask one question of you though. Do YOU think that we will ever have the freedoms that we once had before??? (I believe we will once Bush Co. has left 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.)

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
If they are impeached, which they most certainly will, I hope that both of their damned asses are thrown into a Maximum Security Federal Penitentury.

Sure hope you are not making any money bets on this happening?
If you are, let me know what the odds are that your taking...

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join