It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

www.essene.com...

www.conspiracyplanet.com...

The person deified by the expert propagandist, Paul of Tarsus, probably really existed and was an adept Essene ascetic who tried to reform the Rabbinical tradition of his time and possibly was crucified for it or else escaped and started the Merovingian line of kings.

The myth about Jesus was the destruction of Rome and has been the exploitation and destruction of her descendants ever since.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Thirdeyemind]

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Thirdeyemind]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirdeyemind
The person deified by the expert propagandist, Paul of Tarsus, probably really existed and was an adept Essene ascetic who tried to reform the Rabbinical tradition of his time and possibly was crucified for it or else escaped and started the Merovingian line of kings.

I hope the poster will forgive me if I talk generally: no personal offence is intended. At the same time there are some general remarks about this type of thing that I ought to articulate, hopefully inoffensively.

The great thing about all these "real Jesus" theories is that you have only to wait five minutes and along comes another one! All of them are completely different from each other, of course, except in their hostility to the Jesus and his followers recorded in the historical record.

All these theories rely on selection, omission and imagination. The theory comes first, and the historical data is manipulated to decorate it.

The theories also conform slavishly to some subset of the societal values of the time in which they are concocted. We will not see the 'Aryan Jesus' theories today. We must endure the 'Essene Jesus' theories instead, until time consigns that also to the rubbish heap of history.

In short, they sell books, propel their authors to notoriety, but are purely for the unwary.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

join