It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If anyone wishes to be truly open listen to this.
It is not my own a friend in highschool told me this
I will try my best to hack it out.

Religion is like a pyramid
At the bottom you have those who are not open and barely hear those on the other sides and much distance is between them
As you move up the people there are more open to what the others are saying and what they believe in they can hear eachother well and there is less distance.At the top is god.....
Think about this one...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That is excellent! I pictured it immediately.

The one at the top = the strait gate.
The path narrows as it climbs.

Yet the foundation of the pyramid is what it all rests on, every brick rests on top of those underneath it, and it it weren't for those, there would be no elevation possible at all for the ones above. The bottom of a pyramid makes the top possible. But the top is the reason the bottom is there in the first place.

Wow

And 4 is the number of creation--4 corners of a pyramid have always been my personal symbolic representation of 4, as well as a cross (where spirit spans from above to below and back to meet with the horizontal line that is mortality/materiality).

That's really profound. Thank you and your friend for that insight.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Yet again queenannie you give me a broader view upon my own thank you on this and your great support.I have to study what you said in regards to everything else there is something to this brick thing that i need to know i think...What does it mean?It might tie into the other part of his theories
but that is for another post...

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i do really like that.. great idea tor, and great explaination annie...
..you find words much better than me. i understand things you say without a problem..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well my same friend also said that "There are people in our lives who are important and those who are fillers"

Well okay so i think to myself".If that is true that means that there are people whos lives dont effect me directly but still effect the world in a whole?

This is where my spider web bubble thingy comes into play(charts would help lol)say everyone has a pie chart hanging above their heads(kinda like the sims).This pie represents the ammount of influence in their lives different people places and things have on them.Each person that talks to another is connected to that person aswell as others.Its almost like some cell with tendrils reaching out and grabbing onto eachother.

Mabey this whole exsitence/brick thing is about the building upon what others have done.Mabey the whole mental collective theory comes into play
looking at knowlegde as some sort of entity or physical object that each person builds and joins within the astral realms with our thoughts and minds being the cells of its mass.There being communication and recording of the information we have already found when we die,new minds can connect with our papers and posts..hehe.And continue to grow this entity within their span of exsistence or thread of time.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Mabey this whole exsitence/brick thing is about the building upon what others have done.Mabey the whole mental collective theory comes into play
looking at knowlegde as some sort of entity or physical object that each person builds and joins within the astral realms with our thoughts and minds being the cells of its mass.There being communication and recording of the information we have already found when we die,new minds can connect with our papers and posts..hehe.And continue to grow this entity within their span of exsistence or thread of time.

To start off,

Very Interesting. I enjoyed your pyramid example, it definately rings true on many levels. During my one religion course in college, our professor was talking about religion and your example reminded me of that. To use your pyramid example, all religions start off at the top as "pure" so to speak, not pure in the sense that its "true" but pure in its essense of what it stands for. Anyway, as time goes by and people interpret and feed into their religions, they become washed down, which would bring that religion further down the pyramid until much of the true meaning of that religion is lost, which has happened to much of all religion. Just a thought.

As far as what i have highlighted up above, that reminded me of the theory that says that we are all aspects of God exploring the infinate aspects of what it means to be God.
As far as knowledge being a "physical object," this sounds much like Jungs theory of collective consciousness.
I see that you mentioned the astral, are you familiar with the akashic records? This may also tie in with your idea of our experiences being recorded.
I'm new here, so maybe this has been explored, but have you ever stopped to seriously question where Thoughts come from?
Its really fascinating if you stop to think about it (no pun intended)
Anyway, Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i have posted many thoughts of mine on such matters so far look for my threads and replys I will keep working at getting as much of my information out as possible but its like unravelling an enigma.I have gained alot of insight on many things but have a hard time sifting through them.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think there is no filler in our lives, whatsoever.

We affect all energy we come in contact with, with our own, and that includes those whose eyes we meet in passing on a busy street.

top topics

join