It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for all you strong guys out there, try this and dont come cryen to me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
planche can you do it

Ok im sure we have all heard about this pushup, obviously it orginates in gymnatics and breakdancing and to do it there is a great deal of strength needed, mainly upperbody in the pactorials and and very strong core for the lower body stability...

well atleast if you want to do them like this guy
BBOY JUNIOR www.holylemon.com/Breakda...ncing.html

here is a article i found that shows a step by step way of developing the planche

www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/

and you can also check out this, and try it now to see if you can do it, just downlaod this video also check out to see for any other good training for planches on www.BBoy.org

THis is VP "THE PLANCHE KING",just to do what he does and ur right up there with bboy, of course this is a stradle planche and is a excercise to do to get to the extended one seen in the video above with bboy junior.
www.bboy.org/forums/attac...1118158047

and here is the post with all his training and stuff on there
www.bboy.org/forums/showt...ht=planche

Know this one of the ultimate test of bodystrength. pumpin your own weight

[edit on 21-12-2005 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
...Can you do it?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
actually yea. Its hard and i can only hold it for a few sec and its sloppy, but im still tryen to perfect it. You need a really increadebly strong core and i think im almost there. I give it about 5 months or so.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You don't have to be a guy to do this.

We used to have to do this move during beam work. I'll admit to showing off on the rings, as well.

Yoga can also help you develop the strength and control you need for this move.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Amazing thing to see!

- I am strong as I weight lift. However, trying this at my age and weight would make body parts fall off, or at least break into little pieces.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I lift weights and I tried this earlier. I managed to do it but I soon fell down
lol

It's damn hard work.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
yea, to think that this is just a small portion of what olympic gymnastics can do. I hope one day to get into gymnastics becasuse i have serouse respect for their strength. the are the strongest pound for pound people on the planet.

new topics

top topics

join