It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Prisons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There are two main points on the powerless people notion. We have all been so apathetic by our personal pursuits for so long now that in this time of modern technologies and empirically directed mass movement, (nobody but the gov't body decides on war, on the personal level, nations do not interact enough to justify COORDINATED attacks, wars, and such. The distance between the people and the government has been growing in the elitist channels for....well, since the beginning. Here are the two main reasons (keep in mind these are mere sketches as it is much more complex), I have drawn up for my opinions on these social and cultural matters.

1)The governments and institutional conglomerates have become unreachable both because of disposition. The institution relieves the public of involvement counting on apathy (planned or not the general public is basically unaware anymore. I don't know whether it is more the slaves being broken or ignorance of by lack of awareness.

2)They don't really exist. Sure, in the 'preceived' reality of lifestyle obsession where it is all about what we need rather than what we have and the blindness generated by this obsession. Television is terrible as people allow their reality to be dictated to them from outside source material. The media in that it as following suit to televisual psychology, prompt mass thought so that everyone is 'on the same page.' Not to mention the fact that each individual person in these institutional environs, is but one alone each not aware of the whole which in itself is a non-entity conciously. they each go home every night no different than you or I. There is no government in reality it is a thought prison. We all BELIEVE it exists, that is how it does exist-reality is all in the mind.

Remember, INSIDE you is who you are to you. OUTSIDE you is how you are really seen by the world. TOGETHER they represent
the mirror and its own reflection.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
One thing I would like to point out is that governments are a meta structure made up in invidual people, just like you or I. The beliefs that those people hold and the beliefs that others concur to them allow such a meta structure to stay in place. So be aware of the "pieces" when you rally against the "thing".

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ktprktpr

The "pieces" that go to make up the government are not representative of the whole makeup of their cosntituency, when they are simply pawns of dominant interest groups (with money).

Why can't independent candidates get elected at a Federal level, to represent interests of greater than 5% of the populace as in other countries?

I agree with Lucifer that commodity fetishism and the propaganda machine distance people from what is important to them, including their voice in a community. It has worked especially well in the new days of the megabrand, where this is all that matters to the soporific Generation Y with disposable income. They are excellent with disposability.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The people as a group are not aware. Their own lives have taken over and they care nothing for the common good. Like luciger said, their long time apathy has allowed special interest groups to gain power and control the media.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's all about the breakdowns, baby. MA, Ninja, no matter how you look at it, all social institutions are driven by people. People drive special interests, government, all that hocus pocus. There are no pawns, just unaware or amoral people. It's ALL people doing people things. Gotta look outside the box, past the "consensual hallucinatory reality."

edit- I think some wires got crossed and we're talking about slightly different things. But my above point still stands, alone.

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Of course Psychological Prisons exist.

What do you think the US Government kept blacks in?

We've been erased from our culture, religion, language, and name.

We've been taught that we are a dumb people, a cursed people here in America.

But the likes of Malcolm X has resurrected the black mind.

Africa for the Africans.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Really is that so illmatic? I would like to know if blacks are so curse why is it that they are one of the most imitated people groups in america. I have nothing against blacks at all. I am good friends with a few. I think that you are correct in that a "select few" want the blacks to be dumb. And if it is africa for the africans get yourself back over there. Once again nothing against blacks.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
WHAT!?! You mean it's all an Illusion? Government is made of people like us? Well, those bassturds! Wait till I tell my representative. Oh wait, noone represents us anymore. Hmmm. Screw em, off with their heads! Oh wait, I don't like violence. Ummm. Guess I'll just take some prozac and watch TV. Oh well.

top topics

join