It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your Childhood Dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Every child had at least one thing they would love to do when they were older...

What was yours? And have you forfilled that dream yet?

Mine was to pilot a fighter because i loved to watch Top Gun as a child...And no...i havent forfilled that yet...

Mic

[edit on 21/12/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My childhood dream was to wear #10 for the Montreal Canadiens. My father was a huge fan, as was my grandfather who tragically passed away while watching them win the Stanely Cup in the 60's at a young age. My father named me after their favorite hockey player #10 Guy Lafleur, and I have grown to be a huge fan. So my boyhood dream was to lace them up for the habs!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Mine went along the same vein as fighter pilot but I ended up opting for helicopters and I'm currently receiving flight instruciton in single engine aircraft. From here its up to helicopters.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
mine was always to go to the united states and see the statue of liberty
even so my prespective on some americans have changed after reading what some people think on here i would still like to go and see it

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I wanted to be a paleontologist, and then later an astronaut. Neither came to fruition, but I'm still pretty satisfied with my life, and I still love dinosaurs and space.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My dream was to be an astronaut, But instead I'm a world class Chef who can do computer repair to the solder level and I write short stories and poetry and play the guitar and write my own songs. And in my spare time I investigate UFOs. Also ametuer astronomer.
And no my name is not Clark Kent or Buckaroo Bonzai.
Dream-0
Me-1

[edit on 12/21/05 by longhaircowboy]

[edit on 12/21/05 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Always wanted to be an archeologist. Then i realized it wasn't all Indiana Jones. The digging around in the dirt bit didn't look as exciting!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, when I was little, (17 now), I always wanted to be a paleontologist or a scientist, or a fighter pilot.

And, considering my age, no I have not succeeded in doing any of which, though I do still want to be a scientist, particularly a Quantum physicist.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Good post Mickey!

well mine was to be a pilot, so ive achieved that with microlights and moving onto commercial licience next year, money and time permitting.

move to another country, achieved that at 21 when i moved here to Portugal.

Own my own buisness's, achieved that.

Own a super powerfull and desirable sports car, achieved that last year with my cobra.

To always act in a selfishless way and make some difference to other peoples lives in a good way...still working on that

marry Yasmin Le Bon....still working on seperating her from her current husband, Duran Duran Legend, Simon Le Bon!

Continue to act like a life loving lunatic for all eternity and meet people with the same lust for life!.....that still seems to be working!

Continue to search for all the adventures life can offer....that seems to be going ok as well.

Sleep when im dead........"Can i have a 'HOOYAHHHH' sergant???"

Regards.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i always wanted to go into space and i realized it would be dark.
(at that time i was afraid of the dark). so that went out of the window.

and still to this day i would love to explore the Egyptian pyramids,
forget the tour guides i mean proper exploring.

its a dream of mine to go there!

oni x x

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I recall wanting to emulate Ken Griffey Jr. as a child. Now I'm working on a degree in journalism. I split my time between bartending and constantly upgrading my portfolio.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I wanted to pitch for the L.A. Dodgers. Not to toot my own horn (
) but I was a damn good pitcher through high school but I effed up my right shoulder and never got it back again. I could of had major surgery, but I had lost the drive to keep pitching and since my shoulder didn't bother me doing everyday activities I just blew off baseball altogether. There's still a part of me that wonders how far I could have gotten. Now I just like to watch baseball and .

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well I always wanted to be a scientist of no particular sicence. So far it seems to have worked. Now-a-days I want to be an author that actually makes money and that seems to be working too(Tho I have yet to make a dime writing). I'd say I'm doing pretty well with my dreams.

PEACE
Void

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wanted to be an astronaught lol i used to dream of flying in space, my dad brought me this blow up spaceship and i really believed it could fly through space lol

also wanted to be a popstar, high fashion model, and an actress

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My childhood dream I guess you could say was to be a history teacher or a genealogist. I'm working on a degree in computers, but my hobby is genealogy. I've found interesting people in my family tree, and I've got nearly 10,000 people listed.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Gotta go with a Poop Smith.
People will offer things to me because the'll think I am homeless.
Then I will skin them.

Ah, just like in the 70's.

top topics

join