It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9/11 conspiracy couldn't be kept secret for long?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Actually you'd better check back, unfortunately you got confused between the colour chart which is what needed to be regarded in 'diffused sunlight' and the steel itself which needed to be regarded in a 'dark or dimly lit room'.
Oh I made sure I was right before I posted that.... Don't worry about that.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
We can be very cruel and obedient beings. It's in our nature, and unfortunately isn't unusual at all.

I disagree that it's in our nature, I think we are conditioned to except authority as the final word. We are conditioned this way in school, that's what school is for.
To learn obediance to ANY authority figure, to except and believe what authority tells us with no question.

Our natural desire to self rule is squashed by an instituation that puts young impressionable children in a very formal, controlled enviroment that children naturaly rebel against, until they are broken by fear of punishment or ridecule.

Some break sooner than others and become robots that wouldn't even think of questioning authority even when faced with obvious lies.

Some don't break at all and go to the extreme, as a reaction against authority, and become criminals or anarchists

In a balanced state where children are allowed to develope their own desire to learn without an authority (teachers etc.) forcing them to, then you wouldn't get either of the above IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Actually you'd better check back, unfortunately you got confused between the colour chart which is what needed to be regarded in 'diffused sunlight' and the steel itself which needed to be regarded in a 'dark or dimly lit room'.
Oh I made sure I was right before I posted that.... Don't worry about that.

This is idiocy. The color chart represents the glow of the steel.

Steel exhibits different colors depending on temperature. Temperatures above 800°F (427°C) produce incandescent colors; the atoms in the steel are so energized by heat that they give off photons. Temperatures below 800°F (427°C) produce oxidation colors. As the steel is heated, an oxide layer forms on the surface; its thickness (and thus the interference color as light is reflected) is a function of temperature. These colors may be used in tempering tool steel.

So much for that.

Steel in diffused sunlight will still have a perfectly visible glow at 600 C. In fact, the above source puts 427 C as the point in which steel begins to give off photons. Giving off photons means giving off light, just so you know. As long as there isn't any glare from direct light upon it, I would imagine you could see it rather clearly in well-lighted places.

Just like that pic that I keep posting, that you keep ignoring in your responses.

external image

We can keep posting the same material across two threads if you want, but I see no point in it.

ANOK,

I should have said it's in our nature to be conditioned. Westerners are usually conditioned to accept most anything they're told by authority, for example.

I don't believe we're inherently cruel, either, though.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The image is of steel at a higher temperature than that being discussed... However...

In researching my case, I found evidence to see that you are correct - at even slightly less than 600 deg C the glow of the steel should be visible in Sunlight. It does not seem to agree with the chart and the wording that goes with it, but it's what it said never the less. Seeing as it was on a blacksmith's site and not connected with any of this it is more than likely accurate. He does actually reference another site as well if I remember rightly.

If you check back to the original thread you will find the information, and my.. apology

top topics

<< 1   >>

join