It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 9/11 conspiracy couldn't be kept secret for long?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well here is a clandestine operation that operated in many countries that must of involved at least a couple hundred participants that managed to stay secret for 45 years:

EVOLUTION IN EUROPE; Italy Discloses Its Web Of Cold War Guerrillas

by Clyde Haberman

The New York Times
November 16, 1990

In Europe's new order, they are the spies who never quite came in from the cold, foot soldiers in an underground guerrilla network with one stated mission: To fight an enemy that most Europeans believe no longer exists.
The focus of the inquiry is a clandestine operation code-named Gladio, created decades ago to arm and train resistance fighters in case the Soviet Union and its Warsaw Pact allies invaded. All this week, there have been disclosures of similar organizations in virtually all Western European countries, including those that do not belong to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
"I admire the fact that we have kept the secret for 45 years."

select.nytimes.com...

See also Wikipedia's Operation Gladio.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Killtown]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ah, many would be surprised as to how sheepish people can be. A little pressure from an authority figure, or a group of peers, and behavior can be critically altered from what we perceive as normal. Take, for example, the Nazis. Masses of Germans were totally brainwashed, no? Well, behold the power of psychology.

Check the Milgram Experiment. It's a classic example of how people will behave as they're told, when they're told, by an authority.

The experiment (and I apologize for digressing somewhat) went basically like this: a subject was told that he/she would be delivering electric shocks to someone based on their responses to certain questions. A wrong answer would illicite a shock, which grew in intensity with each wrong answer, into lethal amounts. In reality, the subject wasn't really shocking anyone, but an actor would be playing up being shocked.

The experiment was to see how far the subject would go in following orders, even when it was clear that he was causing extreme harm to another human being, right in front of his own eyes. Sort of like Vader watching Palpatine fry his son Luke without (at first anyway) doing anything about it, eh?

The experiment showed that 2/3 of the subjects, despite all the pleading of the actor whom they thought they were clearly severely shocking, carried out the entire thing, into ridiculous amounts of electricity, simply because they were being pushed on by an authoritative figure. They were torturing simply because they were being told to. Just average people. They objected here and there, but nonetheless continued all the way until the end. The other 1/3 stood fast and refused to complete the experiment after certain voltages. I don't think anyone really protested until they were past 300 volts, though.

And out of all the participants, and even though some objected and stopped, Milgram noted that none offered the actor whom they thought they were shocking any help at all, at any point.

We can be very cruel and obedient beings. It's in our nature, and unfortunately isn't unusual at all. Orders will be followed, and even when rank is broken here or there, there are still enough people following orders to control damage. Coverups would be easy peasy today, especially considering the situation with corporate major media. En masse, nearly all individuality is overridden, as in mobs, and the result is a single group individuality.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Ah, many would be surprised as to how sheepish people can be. A little pressure from an authority figure, or a group of peers, and behavior can be critically altered from what we perceive as normal. Take, for example, the Nazis. Masses of Germans were totally brainwashed, no? Well, behold the power of psychology.

Check the Milgram Experiment. It's a classic example of how people will behave as they're told, when they're told, by an authority.

Great post! I totally forgot about the Milgram Experiment and how it relates with authority figures keeping their subordinates in line. I have brought up how gov't administrations like Hitler's was able to control most of their country's citizens as evidence of how our gov't could control most of us through force/intimidation etc (I also bring up the Reichstag Fire as evidence of false flag ops).

It reminds me right after the attacks how BushCo had such a fierce look on their faces and tones on their voices and how the lashed out at even the idea of a 9/11 investigation and how almost no politician voted against invading Afghanistan.

Even my Libertarian Party were cowards in supporting invading Afghanistan with absolutely NO EVIDENCE OBL was behind the attacks and NO EVIDENCE Afghanistan had anything to do with 9/11 other than BushCo's insistence that OBL did it and they were harboring him.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
We didn't go to war with Iraq because of the attacks, we went because there was intel that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and could use them on the western world. May not have been right but thats not the point the point is you shold stop blabbing about 911 being the cause of the 2nd gulf war.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatescifi
We didn't go to war with Iraq because of the attacks, we went because there was intel that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and could use them on the western world. May not have been right but thats not the point the point is you shold stop blabbing about 911 being the cause of the 2nd gulf war.

?HUH?

Topic of thread:
A 9/11 conspiracy couldn't be kept secret for long?

Quoted Link:
EVOLUTION IN EUROPE; Italy Discloses Its Web Of Cold War Guerrillas

I think Killtown is simply trying to demonstrate the plausibility of a conspiracy being kept under wraps for extended periods of time.

The only references to Iraq and/or the Gulf War are yours?!

... to include false assertions regarding thread content.

the point is you shold stop blabbing about 911 being the cause of the 2nd gulf war

Again, huh?! ...:shk:

[edit on 12/21/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Have you heard the bombs on the 911eyewitness DVD?

Man that should spell the end of the 9/11 conspiracy when taken to court with Prof. Steve Jones paper on the controlled demolition at the WTC and all the firemen transcripts.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 15/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Lord, check your u2u.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I find it strange that all those 9/11 conspiracy disbelievers -- who think our gov't couldn't have been behind 9/11 because they couldn't keep everybody involved quite -- are avoiding this thread like the plague! I guess it's because it refutes their "couldn't keep it secret" theory!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We read with much amusement that your trust of government exists. Using well paid mercinaries should do the job easily and did I not read your military "lost" $40 billion? That could keep things very quiet indeed. Then of course, as a puzzle, no cadre would know he was a cog in the machine, only the need to know - all would get the bonus in the weeks pay.

Well, that would do just fine. Who would know but the few idiot films that were shot by the citizens and that we can easily debunk?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChapaevII
We read with much amusement that your trust of government exists. Using well paid mercinaries should do the job easily and did I not read your military "lost" $40 billion?

The Pentagon "lost" some $2.3 trillion, and announced it the night before 9/11.

That's $8,000 for every living human being in the United States (Source).

It would have been a HUGE scandal if not for 9/11.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it's also interesting that people that think the gov't wasn't behind 9/11 say an operation as big as 9/11 someone would have come forward and no one has! what about sibel edmonds, she knows the truth and her entire life is gagged by the "States Secret Act" thanks to Aschroft

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
People who wonder where the whistleblowers are, I think fail to realize how those whisteblowers could possibly get coverage. I have video clips on my computer of Indira Singh at some convention, and radio interviews, and of course there's Rodriguez, of whose court case I have a .pdf copy of, and Edmonds and others. But who is going to draw attention to them? Therein is the big problem. People expect the same corporate entities that helped bring us 9/11 to show us the people who are trying to expose it. It won't happen, except for a rare radio show here or there, or online, or maybe even a CSPAN segment at most, of which we have.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Excelent find, Killtown, I checked out the wiki link for Gladio and read this:

In Italy, Propaganda Due (P2), the predominantly Italian masonic lodge, was a main partner of the "stay-behind" secret armies directed by NATO. P2's headmaster, neofascist Licio Gelli…

I guess that’s a conspiracy unto itself.

Is there more examples of relatively large secret operations that have only recently seen the light of day?

JFK could be a good example too, despite the skew-ups we still don’t know for sure who did it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Who cares? It's common knowledge that secrets are kept for decades. Just go onto a FOIA server and look stuff up that's just been released.
You can hardly compare keeping a secret army a secret with the sheer complexity of engineering 9/11 in some of the fanciful ways people like you seem to enjoy promoting.
Could it be kept quiet that Al-Qaeda are a CIA created entity used during the Cold War? No because we already know that. Could the events have occured as we have been told, but with a different morivation or someone else giving orders to Al-Qaeda? Quite possibly.
Could it have been a country like Israel, trying to engineer things into their favour in the Middle East... Very possible... Could they have had help from the government to an extent? Quite possible..

Could Missiles, fake aircraft, explosives, etc have been planted and used, bearing in mind the sheer scale of event and what would have to be done? Unlikely, and more importantly, un-necessary.

For some reason, people such as yourself assume that just because I and others do believe that the truth is told to an extent in how the buildings collapsed, what aircraft hit, etc that we all believe it was done by Bin Laden because 'he hated freedom' or religous reasons.
Duh, think again. If you are trying to prove that the motivations or true perpetrators could be easily hidden for countless years - Your right!

But I managed to work that out all by myself, many years ago.. It's actually pretty obvious.

But if you think it proves that explosives could have been used, fake planes were used, missiles were used, etc, etc.. Then no it doesn't.
I realise you havn't actually said that here, but I'm going on some of your other posts.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Can you prove to me that a 9/11 gov't conspiracy couldn't be kept secret?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown
Can you prove to me that a 9/11 gov't conspiracy couldn't be kept secret?

I can't prove that the Earth is round without relying on mainstream information, but we know it is. Like I said, it depends what you mean. If the conspiracy includes all or any of the following things like, explosives, missiles, thermite, moving taxis, planting lamp-posts and aircraft parts etc then no I don't think it would be worth the risk for them and it would be harder to keep secret.

If you mean there is something up with 9/11 then yes, there obviously is. I have always thought that, I simply do not entertain what I consider to be outlandish theories.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith I don't think

That's right, you "don't think" they could keep it a secret, but you don't know for sure.

If you mean there is something up with 9/11 then yes, there obviously is. I have always thought that

Such as?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
For some reason, people such as yourself assume that just because I and others do believe that the truth is told to an extent in how the buildings collapsed, what aircraft hit, etc that we all believe it was done by Bin Laden because 'he hated freedom' or religous reasons.
Duh, think again. If you are trying to prove that the motivations or true perpetrators could be easily hidden for countless years - Your right!

But I managed to work that out all by myself, many years ago.. It's actually pretty obvious.

What?

Bin Laden did do it, and it was because he hated freedom! Duh! Don't you watch the news?

Prove me wrong, you looney conspiracy theorist.

Also, the CIA and Bin Laden severed ties years ago. You can try to prove that wrong, too, while you're at it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Your just sour bray because I caught you out on your stupid 'couldn't see metal glowing in the WTC so it wasn't hot' theory. I'm surprised at you trying to lower to my level, don't bother trying though you won't ever get there.. Your too 'nice'

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What? Can't prove what I asked? Tsk, tsk.

Btw, go back and double check that page you cited. You missed the "diffused sunlight" part, and thus haven't really called anything out or however you put it. Pretty much, it said don't expect to see the steel glowing when light is being shown directly upon it. Didn't say it has to be dark, and in fact, I posted some pictures for you.

Still waiting for you to prove me wrong that Osama's a crazy freedom hater and that that's why he blew up the WTC!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join