It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Music As Bad As Television? Subliminal Messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know how much effect that television can have on people. Mainly the news since they do not tell the whole truth. But can music have as big of effect on people? How much music has subliminal messages in them?

The following is a link to a website about making your own subliminal messages:
www.subliminal-message.com...

This is an interesting web site on subliminal messages in TV & Music plus some other interesting information:
people.uleth.ca...='subliminal%20messages'

This website shows three subliminal messages the first 2 are advertisement the 3rd is song plays backward were you can here the Lord's Prayer (Something happends while the song is playing, it scared the crap otta me)
www.starterupsteve.com...

How safe is television, movies, and music?.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

[edit on 21-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

NFC

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OK next time give us some warning,

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That is for people that pay close att to what's going on with all that.
They do not have kids! I may get to see about 1/3 of a movie without having to go get soda or something. At home I am trying to get a nap in when they are not at it looking at a cartoon.

Music has a effect on people! If you have a good song on, you might wont to see just fast you are going. If it is a slow song on you might not tend to speed. I have a CD with 1/2 slow or downbeat for the way to work or just patrolling around. The other 1/2 is my fight or flight.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sit, that scared the HELL out of me. There I was hearing that creepy voice sayi9ng that prayer and then.... How about a warning next time, I had my face glued on that screen attempting to hear COF's hidden message and boom!

More backmasking. Thought Led Zeppelin's stairway to heaven was a good Christian song? Nope:

jeffmilner.com...

also:

jeffmilner.com...
www.wootang.net...

more backmasked music this guy collected:
jeffmilner.com...

that Pokemon song was weird as hell. I take this seriously because the real Paul Macartney is dead and every Beatles fan knows it.

Satanism in pop culture:

en.wikipedia.org...

Check out the slayer and Maiden backmasking in the above site (I don't take allegations of Satanism on Maiden and Slayer seriously though,I mean plz- Think Bruce Dickinson or Steve Harris go to Bohemian Grove every year in black hoods kissing a giant owl? no lol!!!) Also I suggest you guys check out another weird Pink Floyd thing:

www.turnmeondeadman.net...

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Nakash]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've read about people who listen to stairway to heaven break down crying, funny thing was they didnt speak english.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All these subliminal messages in music makes you ask the question: "Is what your hearing actually what your hearing?".

[edit on 22-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't know about backmasking, but if you what MTV the sublimenial messages are very annoying.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm a musician and a music fan. I've also worked in advertising for nearly a quarter of a century. I've haunted concert stages, recording studios, video edit rooms, post-production facilities and those nasty little chambers behind the one-way mirror from which advertising folk watch, enthralled, as consumer focus groups respond to our feeble attempts to manipulate their behaviour via the idiot box.

This is what I have learnt, from experience, about subliminal communications:

1. They don't work. It seems our brains never evolved an instinctive capacity to run sounds backwards and work out whether they have any additional meaning when heard that way. We are not programmed to obey printed instructions flashed across our field of vision for less than a twentieth of a second. Worry about the power of subliminal communications is based on superstion -- or at least, on an outdated, inaccurate model of how the brain processes input.

2. They do work. It is, in fact, quite easy to use pictures, sounds, text, film and a variety of other sensory stimuli to make people feel, and even feel like doing, whatever you want them to. Chances are, moreover, that they'll never figure out they're being manipulated by you until it's too late. Worse, it is even possible to select your target -- say one person in a crowd of fifty -- and make that person respond as you want them to, while the other forty-nine are left stone cold. It's quite easy, I say, but only to those in possession of the secret formula.

The secret formula is called artistic talent.

The real experts in subliminal communications are not psychologists and media experts: they're artists. And they've been manipulating the rest of us for ever. If you find this hard to swallow, consider the following fact: artists have more sexual partners, on average, than any other occupational group. Oh, I know that isn't *proof*, but how much evidence do you need?

The real rulers of humanity aren't aliens or the Illuminati or the New World Order -- they're members of the international brotherhood of manipulators of light and sound, the Princes Formerly Known as Artists.

top topics

join