It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You guys might like this. (Banning)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

...an avatar with a visually obscure phrase easily mistaken for something against our T&C.

READ THAT and GET OVER IT. We aren't "wrong", there is no "wrong" when we make subjective decisions we feel keep our board up to the highest standards.

You now have annoyed me to the point that YOU need to either get over it or LOG OFF.

Enough of this rediculous whining and jumping up and down like a 5 year old.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hey Springer, that is the exact mental image I had of him.

But he's right, if you don't like it around here, then you always can just go away.

[edit on 12/23/2005 by JBurns]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ANOK,

From a friend...just let it go. It's only an bunch of pixels, man. You're too much of a cool dude and a brilliant mind for ATS to lose you over a silly avatar. Even if the words don't look like XYZ to you, they may to the casual observer, and the admin has obviously taken that into account with a "better safe than sorry" approach. I had an avatar removed recently without notice, I had a chuckle via U2U with the mod who removed it, and I moved on...no biggie. There's more important things to get on with, like denying ignorance, and celebrating Christmas for Christ's sake! (There's a very, very groan-worthy pun in there if you can spot it).

If you don't take one of these right now...

...and get back to the 9-11 forum and help us out, I will PERSONALLY come over there and kick your anarchist butt from here to the North Pole and back!!

Da man wid da 'fro says: Be cool, bro.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
any forum you go to is going to be run with a "dictatorship"... just get over it and let them power-trip.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I've often found that admins anywhere run on a power trip sometimes, It's just what happens.

I've just read the T&C's for this forum for the first time, they're quite extensive.

I also noticed Abovetopsecret.com is an LLP, it's all business business business now lol.

Simon Gray - Webmaster, Founder and Managing Partner of AboveTopSecret.com LLP

SkepticOverlord, Partner, AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

Springer, Partner, AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

Partners in LLP's, I was under the impression the term was "member"...

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by atruestory
any forum you go to is going to be run with a "dictatorship"... just get over it and let them power-trip.

Well, thank you for your contribution on what you know of this site. You've been here for, um, less than a day and you're going to bash the unpaid staff that keep things running smooth and clean?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopdopey
Yeah, I've often found that admins anywhere run on a power trip sometimes, It's just what happens.

It can. But boards where this is a problem tend not to grow. ATS has grown at an extraordinarily tremendous rate over the past three years.

I've just read the T&C's for this forum for the first time, they're quite extensive.

Unfortunately, yes. They're a product of our growth, combined with the need to make our guidelines clear so as to encourage polite contributions, and provide cause for quickly removing those who join to cause trouble or disrupt.

I also noticed Abovetopsecret.com is an LLP, it's all business business business now lol.

The partnership was officially formed about three months ago. You'll not find any change in our management strategy as a result, nor will you in the future. The need to form an official legal entity is a direct result of our growth, and in no small part our upcoming Television Show.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
To be fair the admin of ATS is pretty good, though sometimes a little priggish from my own experience.

A TV show? Nice one

You guys should keep working on a way to increase your profits (if any at present) at the rate you have expanded the community... Tesco will soon be watching their back

[edit on 25-12-2005 by Snoopdopey]

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well, thank you for your contribution on what you know of this site. You've been here for, um, less than a day and you're going to bash the unpaid staff that keep things running smooth and clean?

well my god, if i knew you were going to take it like that then i completely retract my previous statement... i was simply stating that in many forums, this happens a lot and that the opinion of the accuser often has an affect on this.And: on the contrary, i think this board is run very well, one of the best I have seen.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Everybody gets warned at some point (massive over-generalisation alert!), get over it. Move on. Find your next thread to disagree with and post, get your points back and remember to play nice.

As for the D-ego, Springer's got a great thread out there about it. I suggest reading it, as was suggested to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join