It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can ask God 1 question

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I steal this idea from the lyrics of the song Joan Osbourne - One of us

If you were faced with him and all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question?

So the name of the game is, You are faced in front of god.. You have 1 question.. What is it?

My question would be this...

People always say things happen for a reason, I am abit of a believer of this. I do not need to know what the meaning of life is, or if their really is a heaven. Alls I need to know is what was the purpose of taking my father when I was young and in need; And is he ok today? Thank you.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"Hey, boss, what can I do for ya?"

I mean, let's face it. When faced with His majesty up close and personal, we'll have a pretty good idea of just what our place in this universe is. I suspect, when one first encounters God, the thought that goes through your mind isn't "how can I get you to serve me".

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For the sake of arguement, I'll go along.

I suppose the question would be: Why?

See that whould cover about everything unless he pulled some sort of trick genie gag like you ask to be loved by women and are turned into a chocolate bar. :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My question would be:

"Why do you let us do this?"

Why isn't He more apparent anyway?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Mine would have to be--"Who made you". or "where did you come from.". Something along them lines.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My one question...

What kind of sick psycological problems do you have that allows you to convince people who believe in you that you love them, while you have the power to prevent the murder, torture, misery, death, anguish, eternal damnation, and anything else you want to add to this list?

I'd call out the contradiction. That is of course, if god even exists.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
My one question...

What kind of sick psycological problems do you have that allows you to convince people who believe in you that you love them, while you have the power to prevent the murder, torture, misery, death, anguish, eternal damnation, and anything else you want to add to this list?

I'd call out the contradiction. That is of course, if god even exists.

And if you were in Tokyo when Godzilla attacked, I'm sure you'd march right up to him and demand he explain his destructive ways.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My question would be "Buddha
I would like to have another go please?" not that I am have lived an unsatisfying life quite the opposite. I would just like to come back for another round or two.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Dude, godzilla doesnt exist........ Nice comparison.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
Dude, godzilla doesnt exist........ Nice comparison.

Read into it what you will. You have far more courage than I do.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I guess we look at life differently. If I was given the chance to meet a "god" who was capable of preventing the life that I see everyday on the news, I would not need courage to stand up to it. I am pretty sure that omnipotence and the state of being all powerful would leave pain and suffering one line of possibility. It would only be possible out of intention. I sure as hell don't feel compelled to worship, or even respect anything under those circumstances.

In all honesty, you would be afraid to question all of what I referenced above?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"wanna go out for dinner or just order some take-out ?"

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A few possible questions:

1. "Would you please hug me?"

I know it sounds a bit stupid... but there's an integral part in each of us that wishes He would just envelop us and carry us away from the world of cruelties.

2. "Could you take some of eternity to sit down and have a chat? I got a lot of things to talk about."

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Christian God: Could you make a borrito so hot that even you couldn't eat it??

My God: Nothing, when I come face to face with it, i will know everything anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am assuming you are referring to the christian god, the old guy with a white beard that sits on a gold throne in heaven?

Why did you put us in a position where we are virtually guaranteed to break most of your rules; do get get some kind of power trip over watching your minions fail you when you know it's human nature to break your commandments?

OR

Why did the angels get screwed over in your whole sales plan?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity

When you go shopping for a big purchase, say buying a car, you have to sign a contract for making the purchase. The contract states all the terms and conditions of the purchase. That contract does not, however, give you the terms and conditions for every sales plan the dealership has, nor does it necessarily give you the terms and conditions another customer had for a different purchase.

Just because we're aware of God's sales plan for humanity doesn't mean there is none for angelic beings, nor does it mean they got screwed, nor does it mean we know all the details of His plan for them.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by thirddensity

When you go shopping for a big purchase, say buying a car, you have to sign a contract for making the purchase. The contract states all the terms and conditions of the purchase. That contract does not, however, give you the terms and conditions for every sales plan the dealership has, nor does it necessarily give you the terms and conditions another customer had for a different purchase.

Just because we're aware of God's sales plan for humanity doesn't mean there is none for angelic beings, nor does it mean they got screwed, nor does it mean we know all the details of His plan for them.

And that Jungle Jake, is exactly why I would ask God the question, and not the members of ATS. It's a question I have always pondered.

Blessed be.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok, here is my one question:

What is the meaning of life?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc
Ok, here is my one question:

What is the meaning of life?

[url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A0MFJ/qid=1135198136/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-8874259-7250416?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance]This[/url might help you answer that question. Otherwise, just think scrabble with stones made millions of years before civilization developed on Earth when the degenerates of another society came crashing down on an otherwise peacful computer program.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What I wonder is, objectively, what is "good" and what is "bad"? Are there such things? Of course humans can define good and bad as they will, but when it comes to the universe's inner workings, what's the deal? Are we here only to explore these parameters ourselves, maybe?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join