It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fish? i dont know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i hate making alot of topics like this but.

Awhile ago i was at my shore house sitting on the dock at o about 11:00
now we sit on about 3 feet of water.
i picked up a pole and pocked the bottom of the water, trying to see how deep it was. as i pulled out the pole, a florecent light went off in the water, it stayed on for about a second and the faded. and went back on again same thing, i jumped back out of.... habit?
when i went back it was gone. I couldent think of any salt water fish that resides in the LBI bay like this before...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Maybe not a fish but a weird type of eel or some sort of sting-ray.there are lots of fish or ocean dwellers that light up, some bacteria or algae, jellys, lots of stuff. Oops forgot one thing maybe it's those aliens off that show Invasion

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Senor_Vicente]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are many types of glowing algae, some marine life can wander astray with ships or possibly sometimes get attached to ships and follow into dock.

Or im sure youve heard of the weird exotic fish that trawler fisherman find in giant catches of salmon or whatever. The less educated fishermen would find them and chuck them back in. If its alive it woud be stuck in the dock.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Trawlers, salmon?
They use gill-nets, and they don't go deep. I have many a friend on a fishing boat here in Prince Willian Sound

What you saw off the dock was probably a sea jelly or something of the sort. I used to catch them all the time when I lived on the Gulf Coast. Crammed a whole bunch if them in a mason jar, they're better than fireflies.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds fun in don't get stung kind of way, kind of like poking at an ant pile(don't have much to do in central Texas)

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senor_Vicente
Maybe not a fish but a weird type of eel or some sort of sting-ray.there are lots of fish or ocean dwellers that light up, some bacteria or algae, jellys, lots of stuff. Oops forgot one thing maybe it's those aliens off that show Invasion

no this was in the bay. eel possibly but unlikley. definatley no ta stin gray. i mean the deepest its been near my house is. 4ish 5 feet.
algea most likley. but whatever it is its gone now

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAS ME

Originally posted by Senor_Vicente

no this was in the bay. eel possibly but unlikley. definatley no ta stin gray. i mean the deepest its been near my house is. 4ish 5 feet.
algea most likley. but whatever it is its gone now

Sting rays live very shallow water. When my dad's friend lived on the bay they used to fluoder at night and they would have to watch out for them.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was at camp a few years ago and we were sitting on the dock and it was midnight, pitch black (in the wilderness). The counsellers grabbed sticks, waved them about in the water, and the water glowed. They explained that it was many micro organisms that had glowing capabilites and were only visible during the night.

From then on, I've learned so much about these little organisms and its very interesting that they have those capabilities, imagine if humans were able to glow during night time.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
was there any other light source near by? If so maybe it was a reflection off the water?

new topics

top topics

join