It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

samel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first (well sort of ) post here in a long time.
As a person who has an interest in demonology, i have been readin a few khabalistic books, and a one "being" pops out as the most interesting
samel. As the jewish epitiomy. or male version of satan, i just thought this was an important thing. samel (or samael) means venom of god, in hebrew. and is usually referd to as the husband or mate of lilith. but I haven't been able to talk to many rabi'sabout it. My rabbi dosen't follow these things. and the only one i knew who did left for israel before we got deep into it.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LAS ME is an anagram of Samel. Anyway what does demonology has to do with cryptozoology ?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I've done some reading on this subject as well, and I've always been interested in the role of Samael and other figures of 'evil' bent in Jewish lore.

The Opposer, the Adversary, whatever it is called, seems to test the strength of God's creation rather than working to destroy it. Samael is every bit as much a part of the Jewish cosmology as Geburah is part of the Tree of Life; it's not always the most pleasant part, but it's inextricable.

What exactly are you trying to find out? I don't know too much about Samael in particular, but I might be able to help.

new topics

join