It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld doubts Bin Ladin in charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Donald Rumsfeld, the US secretary of defence, has said he doubts Osama bin Ladin is in a position to assert full command over the global operations of the al-Qaida network.

Aljazeera.Net

"I have trouble believing that he is able to operate sufficiently to be in a position of major command over a worldwide al-Qaida operation but I could be wrong. We just don't know," Rumsfeld said.

"I don't know what it means," he said. "I suspect that in any event, if he's alive and functioning that he's probably spending a major fraction of his time trying to avoid getting caught."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hmmmm...

Well, it is Nice to see that one member of the current US Goverment is "Busy" with catching the single Person Responsible for the 9-11 Attacks, which have started the War on Terrorism and the Invasi... I mean "Liberation" of two countries in the Middle East.

Because president Bush certainly does not have Osama bin Forgotten in his Mind anymore:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
G.W.Bush, Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002.

[edit on 21/12/05 by Souljah]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dose anybody bother to listen to this guy anymore?
Rumsfeld one of the clowns who said the US would be out of Iraq in 3 years. Rumsfeld also sacked generals who questioned his policy for post war Iraq.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, Souljah...

You must have missed the memo. There's a simple explanation for the absence of OBL. You see, the super terrorist Al Zarqawi has just gained a new super terrorist power. He can now read minds!
See, he reads the mind of Osama and now runs the terror for Osama, because Bin Laden is on vacation with the Bushes...AGAIN!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, Souljah...

You must have missed the memo. There's a simple explanation for the absence of OBL. You see, the super terrorist Al Zarqawi has just gained a new super terrorist power. He can now read minds!
See, he reads the mind of Osama and now runs the terror for Osama, because Bin Laden is on vacation with the Bushes...AGAIN!

You are Probably Right.

So are you sayin' Osama is in Texas for Christmas?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If saddam says the administration are liars, then they must be! Saddam wouldnt lie!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
If saddam says the administration are liars, then they must be! Saddam wouldnt lie!

Actually the members of the Administration reveal themselves as Liars - Saddam does really not contribute to that fact, known already to the entire world; that Bush Goverments Lied several times in the past and will do so in the future.

Suggest you go and check this 5 minute video:

President of the United States a Liar?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I feel 90% sure bin Laden died or was killed a long time ago. He was a regular voice for ages and has long since gone silent. I'm starting to wonder if the other super terrorist is nothing more than a myth. He outruns us and escapes a chase and later he is supposedly captured and release by the Iraqis that didn't know who he was. I'm feeling he was a boogy man created by us to replace bin Laden.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Out of all the news sources running this story, why did you pick Al jazeera?

You have a banner that says "10 ways to fight hate" , yet you use a news source that instigates hate.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What is this thread about anyway ??
Is it the "hate the administration" thread or is it the "what terrorism" thread ??

As for Rumsfeld saying that Osama cannot control the Al-Qaeda, I think that is his opinion on things, as he has mentioned. Osama may or maynot be in control but one things for sure, large scale organized groups like Al-Qaeda are having a tough time functioning with the US military virtually entrenched in the middle east, the battle is definitely in their "hood" .

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I feel 90% sure bin Laden died or was killed a long time ago. He was a regular voice for ages and has long since gone silent. I'm starting to wonder if the other super terrorist is nothing more than a myth. He outruns us and escapes a chase and later he is supposedly captured and release by the Iraqis that didn't know who he was. I'm feeling he was a boogy man created by us to replace bin Laden.

My feeling is Osama is isolated out in the hind end of the Pakistan/Afgahn border, somewhere, if not dead.

Zarkawi is the real deal. He has alot of history in Jordan. The Jordanian courts have sentenced him to death in absentia twice.

As far as the Iraqi's not knowing who he was and releasing him. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. On the other hand you have to understand the Iraqi's. I also wouldn't be surprised that they did know who he was and were scared of retribution from his followers and let him go.

Even if we do catch him, someone will take his place.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Out of all the news sources running this story, why did you pick Al jazeera?

You have a banner that says "10 ways to fight hate" , yet you use a news source that instigates hate.

Whats wrong with Aljazeera?

You don't seem to have a problem with them, when Corporate Media use their broadcasts of alleged "Osama's Videotapes".

How do they "Instigate Hate"?

top topics

join