It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'bent on having nuclear weapons': Turkey's Ambassador

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Turkey’s ambassador to Washington said Iran is “irreversibly” on the road toward producing nuclear weapons and called for direct dialogue on the matter between Washington and Tehran.

Ankara in the past has voiced concerns about Iran’s potential nuclear capabilities, but Ambassador Faruk Logoglu’s remarks are the first on-the-record comments by a senior Turkish official stating that neighboring Iran is actually preparing to produce an atomic bomb.

“In my view, Iran is irreversibly bent on having nuclear weapons,” Logoglu told the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, a think tank based near Washington, on Dec. 19. “Iran’s nuclear weapons would be a serious threat for security in the Middle East.

“The European Union effort [to convince Iran] to give up its nuclear ambitions] is unlikely to succeed,” he said.

Iran says its nuclear plans are limited to peaceful electricity generation. But it hid potential arms-related technology from a United Nations nuclear watchdog for 18 years.

Link

I watched this show on the History Channel the other day called Iran: The Next Iraq? In which experts said the Iranian leadership thinks Iran should be a world power like it was during the days of Cyrus. And would basically stop at nothing to get there (i.e nukes). And that they believe it's America and Israel's fault they aren't a world power. Even though they sit on top of a huge natural gas supply.

Israel which probably has the best spy agency in the world says that Iran may have nukes as early as sometime next year.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Iran has also purchased nuclear capable missiles and cruise missiles. They have even recently admitted to having nuke warhead blueprints, that they got from A.Q Kahn a couple years ago. Even though they just now handed them over to the IAEA. In a couple years you could easily make millions of copies of the blueprints while handing over the original.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
That's scary stuff to think about. If they do have them then I suppose we'll have another Iraq on our hands...except this time they might actually be able to do something back at America/Britain.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I dont think it will be another Iraq.

It will be a surgical missile strike as they know there targets with the possibility of special ops dropping in on some mission's.

I just hope the USA doesnt have to do all the dirty work, the world community and specifically that crap organisation they call the UN should do it.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Iran has also purchased nuclear capable missiles and cruise missiles. They have even recently admitted to having nuke warhead blueprints, that they got from A.Q Kahn a couple years ago. Even though they just now handed them over to the IAEA. In a couple years you could easily make millions of copies of the blueprints while handing over the original.

Not to mention that they could of also distributed copies to every terror group on the planet.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well, nukes are difficult to build even with all the materials supplied, its not something you can do in your garage or your apartment. Few terrorist\, unless they had extensive facilities could build one, now buying one...thats a different story.

join