It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of life on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.marslife.com
Please have a look and tell me what you think...
The pictures are VERY interesting, whether or not they are true...
Currently in contact with the guy who runs the site, and I'm trying to get him to get in touch with Oxford, Cambridge, etc, to help him verify his findings..
This will leave you AMAZED.

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by browha]

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Let's make this a link, shall we?

www.marslife.com

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
cool site nice graphics and a lot of pictures

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I always tend to look for the most common cause first and refute from there. I have seen this before. If you were to conclude that the rock is actually from earth, then all the findings would make sense wouldn't they? The only thing that makes this unusual is that "experts" say the rock originated on Mars. If they are wrong, then end of mystery. Maybe personal contact with the"experts" can reveal more. At this point i am open but slightly skeptical.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Frankly I dont blame you for being skeptical because it is SO radical
But in conversation with this guy,
'Dear Henry,
I would be glad to release samples of the meteorite to any group that will do real scientific tests and that will report the results of these tests to the public. This offer has been open for years, but as yet, no one has taken me up on it. Do you know of anyone that might help? Thanks for writing.
Your friend,
micromike'

'Dear Mike
You might find it of interest to send samples to notable places in the UK, such as Imperial College (London), or Cambridge/Oxford.
I am sure that they have the capabilites to verify these samples, as well as examine them to a great depth..
I personally advise that you e-mail them first, most likely to the biology/physics departments, on this idea...

Thanks for the reply,
Would appreciate to be kept in the loop with how it goes,

Regards
Henry'

'Dear Henry,
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll see what happens.
The meteorite was made on the surface of Mars, I think, and the low gravity and atmospheric pressure means the meteorite is very "frothy." In other words, it is full of vesicles with walls between each. I've done some simple experiments and I think that basically each vesicle is "sealed" from all the others. Thus, even though the samples that I've taken have been exposed to our atmosphere, many of the inner vesicles and their contents have not been exposed. So I assume that the proper lab with the proper equipment could take additional pure samples for atmospheric or other testing. Also, due to the nature of the material in each vesicle, I would assume that each probably has a fairly complete bacterial sample of the surface of Mars. It would be very interesting to remove some of this "virgin" material and see if anything would grow.
Thanks again for caring. Keep going to marslife for new info, as I don't have any kind of mailing list yet to keep everyone informed. I will e-mail you if anything comes from your suggestion.
Your friend,
micromike'

'Are the samples still 'sealed', as in the original atmosphere still exists in the meteroite?
If so, it would make verification alot easier, as well as possibly dating the meteroite accurate,

Regards
Henry'

'Sorry about repeated posting, but
the finds here, if provable beyond doubt, are remarkable...
It will effectively mean that at least something out there had a evolution uniform/relatively uniform to that of our own, or alternatively that Mars had an almost identical climate to ours.
Is there little to no chance of contamination?
The thing that interests me most is the arachnid, because as you point out the fusion of the head and thorax (alien features to most arachnids) is highly interesting.

With regards
Henry (and apologies for the spam)'

'Oh yes, my other point,
the lack of evolution on the face suggests that (in my opinion), they didnt need the eyes/mouth/etc.
Possibly for protection from sandstorms, due to a lack of 'luck' of evolving protective features in these places. To put it colloquially, What is the point of having protection for something you dont even need in the first place? Perhaps they have a sonar like system, like a bat, or for feeding perhaps an injection like system, like a common mosquito...

With regards
Henry'

'Dear Henry,
I just got this e-mail after answering the other two. It seems to me that there are several evolutionary principles that will be shown by the life of the Frass Meteorite. As you mentioned the spider seems very much unlike Earth spiders. Also, none of the creatures I've seen appear to have eyes to me, including the spider and the flying insect. How would you like to make a living flying blind on Mars? Also, everything seems very primitive. There is almost no specialization on the "face" of anything. Sometimes I can just barely make out a mouth. Also, I think, but don't know, that the life of Mars is more into silicon than is terrestrial life, although I think the life of Mars is carbon based because I had one sample tested for organic carbon and it came back positive.
When I first realized what the Frass Meteorite meant, I thought every scientist on the planet would be knocking on my door to get a sample, but that has yet to happen. I sometimes wonder where the "excitement" of new discoveries has gone. Apparently most scientist are more interested in their careers than any actual new science that alters the way that mankind sees himself.
The Frass Meteorite is important to humanity and its implications to our existence must be soon brought to all that seek the truth. If you can help in any way, please do.
Your friend,
micromike'

Havent had anything from him since..
Though, this was over the last few days...
My aim is to get him in contact with top UK universities (so he cant say the US government are blocking his findings coming to light) and have them verify it..

He goes through a pretty detailed job in his website, and if you look at the pictures you will be stunned.
Though, it is a good thing he posts criticism so he's not trying to force you into making up your mind.

The whole thing is just stunning in my opinion
Ideally, the meteorite (which appears Martian in nature), would have the small chambers (see e-mails above) analyzed, which would allow us to compare the atmosphere to ideas about Martian atmospheres...
also we could test for growth capabilities in the atmosphere..

For me, the Arachnid is the most interesting bit... As you can see if you read the e-mails, and the comments on his page..
It's unusual to say the least, and very likely not earth-evolved...

Ideally, the meteorite will be criticized to the core, because only then will it stand the test of time as to whether or not it is true..

=)

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
That arachnid is very strange, almost but not quite like any spider I have ever seen.

I really would like to hear an arachnid experts unbiased opinion on that thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is a comment on the page saying that THAT particular type of Arachnid's fusion of neck-head is only found in certain caves in certain places of the world... It's very interesting at the least...
Also, the pictures of unusual/not-on-earth creatures do help to reinforce it a little bit imho

OH, (Edit) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you know anyone who might be able to help us verify these, let me know (U2U or reply), the sooner this can be verified the sooner it will be public

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by browha]

who

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Great find, site has very interesting points made about the spider and plant life. I think i am going to look further into arachnids and other claims made. Amazing stuff either way.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Alright, I dont know who this guy is, and I have NOT read the entire site... however, after just reading the first section that caught my eye (core smapling) I quickly came the conclusion that this guy is NOT a geologist, and DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING.

But after thinking about the situation logically, I decided that Mars was a likely place. The meteorite was clearly volcanic and Mars seemed large enough to have volcanoes. The rock was clearly red in the sunlight and Mars was known as the red planet.

As yet, I am seeing no direct evidence that this is anything more than a lava bomb of terrestrial source. What I am seeing in photos and description could very well be a piece of tuff ejected, held together, possibly landing in water that would fuse the outser crsut and leave the sponge like interior.

Red in color? Mars is red due to iron oxide... and most iron found on earth is red for the same reason, it has been oxidized. Also, (what a shock) volcanic ejecta is often mafic, or ultramafic, meaning it has a good concentration of iron!!!

This guy is jumping to conclusions with both feet here...

I decided to use a copper tube, since copper is a very soft metal. Also, it is basically pure copper, so any pure copper found in the sand is an easily identifiable contaminant. The sample was taken by hammering the copper tube into the rock.

Absolute stupidity. Huge risk of fracturing or shattering the rock. Any geology lab in the country could have cored this thing or rock sawed it in any way he wanted, probably for free.

I will read the rest of this, however, this also caught my eye, and should be rather telling...

Do You Care About the Life of Mars? Do You Want to Help?

1. Pay for another 3 months advertising on www.rense.com ($600)
2. Help find someone to either perform, or pay for, the following tests:
a. elemental oxides from thin sections
b. alternate dating methods
c. oxygen isotope ratios
d. analysis of insects
e. analysis of plant material
f. DNA of living & non living material
g. microscopy work on glassies
h. chemical composition of glassies
z. you name a test
3. Call or write any talk show hosts and request that they allow me to talk about the Frass Meteorite and the life of Mars. Jeff Rense and George Noory would be two good examples.
4. Pay to have marslife added to foreign search engines ($250-$1900)
www.cyberseo.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Dragon, thanks for writing my post for me!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This guy is/was (not sure about currently) a farmer, I believe, and describes how he came into possesion of the rock via his farm with a relative of his..
Also, the rock landed on solid ground =) just to clarify.
Either way, the aim here is to have it tested, for verificaton, not more speculation... The more people that see it, the more people that can comment about it and give their thoughts/feelings/ideas.
Just trying to get him in contact with different scientists at the moment, on a more international front (see letter below, his latest reply, written +/- 12 hours of the post)

Dear Henry,
Thank you for becoming so involved in this effort. I look forward to any questions from anyone concerning the life of Mars. I think I've found a loose group of geologist and one meteorite person that have agreed to look at samples of the meteorite, but we need all the testing we can get, so keep looking for any additional testers.
I have written to local newspapers. The newspaper here in Los Alamos spent several days looking at the meteorite and evidence and did two stories on it. Then a group of scientists at the lab agreed to study the meteorite. They took a sample by drilling all the way through the rock and then wouldn't even do a single test. They claimed there was not enough "shocking" for it to have been sent from Mars. I showed him the state of the art in Martian evidence that said none of the Martian meteorites have shown much shocking and a new mechanism for ejecting material from Mars showed that shocking was not necessary. This is what I've faced. Every scientists has his own reason of why it can't be from mars, even though I show them contrary evidence.
I'll write more on Monday, since I'm about out of time today.
Your friend,
micromike

----------------
=)
FYI his e-mail address is [email protected]
If you want to suggest anything to him, etc

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thank you "DR" for answering my next question. I was thinking the flaw seemed to be the assumption of "Mars" origin. It looked like an average earth rock, and for me the mystery is solved. An average university should be able to verify this.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Agree, but the images of creatures are not all that usual, if someone is willing to identify the unnamed creatures i'd be grateful, esp if it came with other pictures to prove =)

new topics

top topics

join