It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Strategies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
According to my researches, the Pearl Harbor is one of America's pride. And I know all of you know that, but how come their strategies were penetrated by the Japanese during the World War 2?

Maybe inside jobs and spies were the reasons, maybe, I don't know.

If you're interested, kindly relpy.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS War Strategies.
Sorry, I don't have any Pearl Harbor information for you. Enjoy your time on ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Nuke - Nuke .
Nuke all of them.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
To let you know, Pearl Harbor, was a trap set for the Japanese. FDR played the Japanese for fools & lured them into a trap, to get the US involved in the War, to help stimulate our economy.

The US citizens, didn't want to have anything to do with the War in Europe, after being so heavily involved in WWI, so FDR promised we wouldn't get involved in WWII.

He lied, or rather manipulated the people of the US. What he did, was to cut off the oil & petroleum supplies of the Japanese in the South Pacific, knowing the Japanese would see this as a sign of aggression, & retaliate. This wasn't an all out act of War on FDR's part, just something to poke the hornets nest & provoke the ignorant Japanese into making the first act of "aggression" in the American citizens eyes.

This has been documented for years now, FDR knew about Pearl Harbor months in advance, the Brits told us, the Russians told us, the US Consulate in Japan told us that the Japanese were practicing bombing runs in a harbor in Japan that was similar to Pearl Harbor.

You can go look this up on :

www.historychannel.com

[edit on 21-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So whats the point ?, sounds like you summed it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Although officially, there were so many bombers, the radar operators just thought they were birds.

But I go with SpartanKingLeonidas's explanation.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The strategic runup to the war in the pacific was a lot deeper than just Pearl Harbor.

The US was asking for a war when they decided not to heavily defend Guam as part of a compromise with the Japanese. As a matter of fact a book titled "The Great Pacific War" was written in the 1930s and pretty much warned what was going to happen between the US and Japan. The author even discovered the 5-5-3 compromise before it was actually made. Of course he was well connected, so perhaps it was more than just strategic insight.

The author warned that not fortifying Guam would be one of the conditions the Japanese sought, and that no such concession should be made.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Nice to meet you... Enjoy your stay...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Its All Speculation unless you really know what happened.

as for your theories - just that theories .
peace.

top topics

join