It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got a freaky @$$ call on ghost phone!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I could not agree with you more. Find ways arround the NSA. I would not have destroyed the phone. If the NSA called me i would have a conversation with them. Maybe asked if they wanted to go have a cup of coffe. Only if it was a hot chick talking to me.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It was a recorded message and he was being traced...

You would get yourself a visit from the NSa...not something worth doing.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ilovepizza

SURE! why not? Invite the NSA over there, and have a little chitchat conversation with them. While they are aware you're using illegal technologies. Remember : "Everything you say will be mis-quoted, than used against you."

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Errrr wots a ghost phone anyway?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think ghost phones should not be illegal. I dont think normal people should be tarced. Its not up to us to prove that we have nothing to hide, it is the govornments burden to prove that everyone needs to be tracked. Disallowing untracable cellphones is like tagging all people as criminals, something the govornment should not be allowed to do. So forget the legality of the whople thing. It is your right to be invisible to the gov.

Now, if the NSA called me up, I would go off on them and tell them if they think they are so #ing badass, some on over to my place and come and #ing get me, you pussy ass pounks hiding behind your snooper comps and spooks. Id tell them come on over and arrest me, i dont give a #, id kick all thier sorry asses and then, after i finished my threats and hung up, id spend my last ferw moments of life and freedom calling every pizza delivery restaraunt within thier radius and order like hundreds of pizza for them, then call every 1-800 number i could muster and give thier addys so thier phones and mailbox gets flooded with junkmail and telemarketing calls day and night.

Now you got me started, i want a ghost phone. Where can I get one?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just for the record, I wasn't on earlier today Springer, I signed on about twenty minutes ago.
I've been at various universities reading up on stuff.
Dr, I seriously doubt the NSA gives a **** about me. I'm not a terrorist, I haven't threatened anyone, and the leak at the white house WAS NOT me.
I got some u2u's accusing me and I was all "What the hell?"

The phone's gone, noone cares, I just thought I should bring to light the fact ghost phone's are traceable.
One last question...
William, why do you need five towers to track cell phones?
Why not just three?
- Tass

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well I think the NSA completed its objective in getting rid of one more ghost phone out there.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You got some u2u's accusing you of what? Who sent the u2u's?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If the NSA called me i would do one of three things.

I might talk with them and ask them to meet me.

I might act all stupid and pretend i think they are a telamarketer. I would keep on asking them what they are selling. If they said this is the NSA I would ask what does the NSA sell.

The last thing i might do is tell them they did not call using 1-800-call-att. I would tell them It is free for you and cheep for them. I would then tell them to call back using 1-800-call-att. I would remind them to dial down the center.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ilovepizza, what would be funny is seeing the news story that the NSA have arrested Carrot Top.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
lol, creep, that would be great!
Pizza, I can't really say who it was, but, I'll bring to light there are three members out there who seem to believe I work for the government and am on ATS to exploit the "terrorists" and "anarchists" on this site...
TheyWatchYouToo, you scare me. Sounds as though you are happy I had to burn my phone...

Still waiting for William's reply...
- Tass

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So, you got yourself an illegal phone that is supposed to be untraceable. Yet, it is traceable. So what good purpose can this phone do for somebody? Does not sound like a very useful thing to have in one's possesion.
Also, I qould not think that the cellular network would give a phone access without a valid ESN and phone account.
It would be far easier to buy a prepaid cell phone at the shop and go with cash. Use it then throw it away. Now that is totally anonomous.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Isnt this the second freaky phone call we have had on this board the first was WOS, right. Has there been anymore??

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ghost sims.... hahah loads of them floating about i know some people with a few of them...

all you gotta do is go to a 2nd hand phone market ect ect, put the ghost sim... in sure...they can trace the location of the phone to about 100ft. but it takes ages... they wont get you like that though...

they will get call records and see who you call and check it from there...

they find a point of origin...

if they want to come and get you your #ed... youve had the phone far too long... they will have a good idea who you are...

chances are its a joke... if it isnt a joke... expect a visit... or maybe they want to freak you out so its one less goast sim floating about.. after all ghost sims are much much harder to trace and track...

but nothings impossible...

i cant wait till gps phones come out. they will market it as a usefull tool when really it will be used to pinpoint everybodys location..

give it 15-20years everyone with a cellphone, will have wap and gps...

its marketed as cool and lots of features they will be using it to track everybody to ft..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm afraid many of the members on ATS are missing the point...
It's not about me, or my life, or anything, if they were going to "come and get me" they would not have needed to call.

The NSA does not handle ghost phones.
That's FBI, state, and local police...
Why in the world would the NSA be calling people?
... about ghost phones?
Blade, I'm afraid you're right. Much the same as cars now have built in GPS's to "help you"...
- Tass

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
the fact that they have called you suggest they are trying to freak you out/or its a joke... tell them to lick your ringer thats what i would do...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
yes gps allthough usefull is far more dangerous than it is usefull...

gps should for civilian use's unless absolutley nessasary be boycotted..

i understand the military use of it but its only going to be used to opress civilians when its imlimented in phones and cars more often..

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They can pinpoint your exact location with any cell phone Im afraid.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I really don't think they can pin-point a cell phone unless you have GPS enabled like the new Nokia I just got. I can set it for 911 only or total network location sharing. I chose 911 only but I do nothing illegal with it so it might be more helpful to me than hurtful. If I communicate in the down low, I use other media. Thsi ghopst phone is a good idea and I venture to say what they have done is pick it up as a phone that is always using provider roaming and never in its local area. Thats how the ESN phreak works. But tasss ahs said this is a sat phone and I would guess that they are keeping more of an eye on those because there aren't exactly hundreds of towers in the mountains of Afghanistan and they sure ain't using 1.8 gig PCS so it only stands to reason that sat is about all they have got. tass, go to a local 800 or 900 MHZ phone and they won't give a darn but the FCC and the local companies might.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey tass, my only question is how far you got to the canadian border?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join