It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My honest opinion on who will be the Antichrist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Posted by Defcon5:
/Book of Daniel;

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

You are correct in that we have been in the end times since the ressurection of Christ. And also that Rome transformed itself into a religious entity (the beast that was, is not, and yet is).

Where I may difere slightly is on the final week. 70 weeks were determined for the people, and only 69 were completed. the final week is further into time yet to be completed after the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. When the 3rd Temple is finally built and dedicated, they will sanctify the sancuary and the final week will begin. There are differing viewpoints on prophecy and so not everyone will come to the same conclusion. I will ask this though, when the second Temple was dedicated, did 62 apx years pass before Jesus began his ministry or entered the second Temple? He was cut off as you say after 3.5 years (sacrifice), allowing for grace and mercy to the entire world. Could it have gone like this? 69 weeks to the second Temple dedication from the time of Assyrian desolation of the first Temple. 62 weeks of Temple worship until Jesus Christ is made known and dies for the world. Rome desolates the Temple and Covenant is defieled. No Temple worship for almost 2000+ years. Third Temple is built and once dedicated, the 70th week (7 yrs) begins.

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
does anyone else see the immense corollaries between the apocalyptic books in the bible and the situation of the people writing them? both were written during fierce persecution.

okay, here's a really CRAZY thought:
(sarcasm right there)
maybe those books were written as a social commentary and are not the least bit prophetic.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What is wrong with this world. I play the bad guy, I should be paid the bad guy wages. Where is my money??

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ya know what? I've heard reason why half of the political leaders in the world could be the antichrist and quite a few of the are dead now. I remember people calculating Ronald Rayguns name into 666. The same with Kissenger, each of the Bush's, Clinton, Gorby, Putin and so many others that I don't even care to think about it.

However, the David Hasslehoff one is a distinct possibility.

On the 666 issue, I've wondered if that could possibly refer to a number of votes that he receives from a parliment or something like that...it does say something about count the number and votes are something we count. I checked out the EU Parliment using wikipedia and found that there are a total of 732 total votes available today. Win 666 of those votes and that would leave 66 dissenting votes.

Things to make you go...Hmmm!

I'm probably as far off as anyone else, but it's something I saw.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fromabove sorry I did not get back with you sooner, I took the day off…

Originally posted by Fromabove
Where I may differ slightly is on the final week. 70 weeks were determined for the people, and only 69 were completed. The final week is further into time yet to be completed after the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. When the 3rd Temple is finally built and dedicated, they will sanctify the sanctuary and the final week will begin.

Here I hope this answers what it is you're asking. You should of course cross check this through other sources, but I am pretty sure I have read the same chronology elsewhere before:

THE SEVENTY WEEKS' PROPHECY OF DANIEL

In this verse that we have been considering, then, the whole prophecy of the seventy weeks is comprehended and its subject defined. It relates to the coming of Christ and His atonement for sin by the sacrifice of Himself. It has nothing to do with Antichrist. The following verses deal more specifically with the chronology of the seventy-week period, or the 490 years of the prophecy.

The starting point for reckoning the 490 years is given in verse 25 as "the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem." Inasmuch as there were several decrees made concerning the return of the exiles and their homeland, several dates have been suggested from which to reckon the period of the prophecy, but there is only one date which precisely meets its requirements, and that date is the date of the command of Artaxerxes which sent Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem. The earlier decree to Ezra granted him widespread powers but said nothing about rebuilding the city of Jerusalem (see Ezra 7:11-26), even although it is probable that considerable building was done. Some years later, when Nehemiah inquired about the state of affairs in Jerusalem, he was informed about the survivors who had escaped deportation and exile and about the dilapidated condition of the walls and the gates, which was a cause of much distress to the inhabitants (Nehemiah, ch. 1). When he spoke of this to the king, he asked specifically to be allowed to go and rebuild the city walls. His request was granted, and soon Nehemiah journeyed to Jerusalem.

As the commandment of Artaxerxes meets the exact requirements of Daniel's prophecy, we conclude that this must be the starting point of the seventy weeks. It was given in the month Nisan in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes (Neh. 2:1) which, according to Sir Isaac Newton's calculations, corresponds to the Spring of 444 B.C. At that time the ruler of the world empire appointed Nehemiah, this eminent Jew of his court, to rebuild Jerusalem. It was a well-publicized appointment, for "these things were not done in a corner."

The rebuilding of the city is mentioned as being accomplished "in troublous times," and the inference is that it would be done within a period of seven "weeks" or 49 years, the Jubilee cycle of the Mosaic law, (Lev. 25:8). This restoration of the city is mentioned only as a passing reference, the total length of time to the coming of Messiah being seven plus sixty-two, or 69 weeks of years, or 483 years. These were lunar years in common use during that period of world history. The lunar year was based on the movement of the moon around the earth (rather than on the earth's movement around the sun, which is the basis for our calendar year), and consisted of about 354 days. A simple arithmetical calculation, multiplying 483 by 354 and dividing by 365, gives the number of solar years as 468. By subtracting 444 and adding 1, we arrive at the date A.D. 25. This is the year in which the Lord Jesus was baptized and began His public ministry.

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
does anyone else see the immense corollaries between the apocalyptic books in the bible and the situation of the people writing them? both were written during fierce persecution.

okay, here's a really CRAZY thought:
(sarcasm right there)
maybe those books were written as a social commentary and are not the least bit prophetic.

Well first off spare me the sarcasm, since your school of prophecy is no better then any others, and has been shown in the past to not be the best by any means. To deny that these are end times prophecy is to deny even things that Christ spoke of. If you believe that they relate to the days in which they are written, then you believe in Praeterism. So with that in mind what do you believe about the Second Coming of Christ, is that not going to happen then? What about the other places in the bible, besides Daniel and Revelations, that speak of the end times? What about even Christ himself talking about the end times?

Originally posted by davenman
On the 666 issue, I've wondered if that could possibly refer to a number of votes that he receives from a parliment or something like that...it does say something about count the number and votes are something we count. I checked out the EU Parliment using wikipedia and found that there are a total of 732 total votes available today. Win 666 of those votes and that would leave 66 dissenting votes.

Well the fact that some Bibles have this number as actually being 616 as opposed to 666 is somewhat telling. This tends to agree with the idea that John of Patimos was in fact writing about Nero, since his name is one that fits both these numbers. Again though I believe that this relates to the station of a man, and not a specific man; so in this instance the mark of the head of Rome. Now how this related to the mark in present day is a bit more complex and I have yet to find anyone that has made the connection 100%. If it’s true that the US is the second beast of revelations, why would it “give authority back to Rome“?

The only answers I can find so far on that subject are mainly from other posts in this site. First we know that the similarities between Rome and the US are quite extensive, I have seen whole web sties dedicated to the concept of these relationships. Then there is the idea that our legal system is based in British Common Law, which is derived from Roman Law as was codified by Flavius Petrus Sabbatius Justinianus . The only other reason I have seen is that there is some evidence that the US was founded originally as a corporation by the British East India Company, based out of the “City of London“, which is owned by the Vatican.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by defcon5]

Mod Edit: Removed Page Distorting Lines.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I heard somewhere that there is a repository in Brussels Belgium where the identities of most of the world populations are kept as best they can be. That each nation has a number (I beliebe the USA is 110 - anyone know?). The number that represents the world or "Earth" is 666. So, if that was right your number might look like this,

Earth - USA - State - SS Number
666 110 416 123-4567

Mabey someone knows if this is true Because I have no idea.

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have never heard that one before, but it is interesting. I know that the Mormons keep a very precise record of all genealogy in an underground vault out west. I hope your theory is incorrect as they could mark you and you would not be able to stop it from happening. I, for instance, did not even apply for my Social Security Number, but rather my parents went and got me one before I was old enough to even know what it was. This REAL-ID stuff worries me quite a bit as well. I guess that the UK passed a similar law on the same week we did, and I believe Australia also has one now as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword

Where did you get that signature from? I think I read something like it in "The creature from Jeckle Island" about the Federal Reserve. Is that where it came from?

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was lucky enough to discover something about SS cards and numbers that really scared me. The older cards prior to 1987 states on the back a list of entitlements and so on. But on the newer cards since then, the back lists statements on how to use, handle, and possess the card. Penalties are prescribed such as fine, imprisonment or both. DO NOT LAMINATE this card!!! it states. This "card" and number is the property of the government!!!

So your rights... all of them... to buy and sell... are now privilages!!!

But there's more!!! The reason I even investigated this is because while looking closely at my new card one day, the light of the sun was shinning through my window and I noticed type print in the form of dots all over the card saying "VOID". Well, as you can guess (it freaked me out), but after I calmed down I really studied the card itself and saw that the line where you sign your name was a "bar code". That sent me on a search of my family's cards and friends. The lines where you sign your name were different in that the line on some were shorter than on other. The cards that were marked "VOID" were different than the others that were not marked with "VOID"

So I looked up the legal definition of "VOID". It stated, without legal standing, empty, to not exist. I was physically sick for days over this revelation. The reason I figured that it was a crime to laminate the card was so that a computer scan could read it.

Finally, I noticed a number on the back similar to that on a dollar bill. They don't exist on the early cards. Looking at a dollar bill I saw that they were reserve bank numbers, and I thought it might be that if the nation goes cashless fast, you will have a new bank account from which to draw from to buy and sell. In other words, the complete and final control by the government of EVERYTHING!!!

Check it out and see if I'm not right about what I said. If you give it some thought, you'll almost wonder when they will come for the ones who are marked "VOID" in the middle of the night. If your's is (and if you don't have a recent card- get one quick to see) I can tell you it will be hard to sleep for days.

Fromabove

[edit on 1-1-2006 by Fromabove]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I was lucky enough to discover something about SS cards and numbers that really scared me. The older cards prior to 1987 states on the back a list of entitlements and so on. But on the newer cards since then, the back lists statements on how to use, handle, and possess the card. Penalties are prescribed such as fine, imprisonment or both. DO NOT LAMINATE this card!!! it states. This "card" and number is the property of the government!!!

I am pretty sure that my old card that was issued in the 70’s said the same stuff about it being illegal to laminate it, etc. I remember freaking out because mine did get laminated and if the card had not said that I would not have know any better. I just recently had to replace that one, and to be honest I don’t think the new one is much different. I never got in any trouble using that one laminated for the first 29 years of my life though…

Can you imagine two guys in prison, one says to the other “so what you in for?”
The other replies “well ya see, I kinda laminated my Social Security Card, gave me life for that”…

So your rights... all of them... to buy and sell... are now privilages!!!

I don’t think that has quite happened yet, there are plenty of people out there that are working without a SS number, and I have never been asked to show one at a store before. I am worried about the REAL-ID being made with RFID technology and Bio-Metric Data (Finger prints and Retina Scan = Hand or Forehead), that could be scanned by a store or even attached to my bank account, though.

But there's more!!! The reason I even investigated this is because while looking closely at my new card one day, the light of the sun was shinning through my window and I noticed type print in the form of dots all over the card saying "VOID".

Well the void thing is so you cannot photocopy it, if its copied the void shows up on the copy. That is not a conspiracy, a lot of checks have that feature also, it’s a protection feature.

studied the card itself and saw that the line where you sign your name was a "bar code".

That I have never seen. I will have to look closer at mine.

Check it out and see if I'm not right about what I said. If you give it some thought, you'll almost wonder when they will come for the ones who are marked "VOID" in the middle of the night. If your's is (and if you don't have a recent card- get one quick to see) I can tell you it will be hard to sleep for days.

I hope you're joking with me, if not you should chill out some. The void thing is what I said above, that part is no big deal for sure. The reason its not on older cards is simply because they are older. They had had to put additional protection on new ones so someone could not get your card, scan it and use it to make your life a living hell, like getting issued credit under your name, turning off you‘re power, using your info to get a loan, or into your bank accounts, etc...

[edit on 1/1/2006 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh yes... I did finally calm down, after all, whatever it is in the end that they use it won't be so out in the open before they spring it on us. Besides all that, who knows what they really intend for that little mag-strip on your drivers liscence. There are too many ways to infringe on our rights so it's all pretty much gone by now.

One last thing about the "VOID" on the cards. On every single card that had that word, the line where you sing your name was the same length. On the ones that didn't have it, they were all the same length but different.
Try to find some old and new cards and see what you find (even though it doesn't mean much now). maybe they just wanted to find out if anyone was paying attention if they tried a dry run or something.

Fromabove

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some of those differences can also just be discrepancies in printing runs, or if they are printed on a state-by-state basis.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The scriptures say:

Book of Daniel

"... and he shall become strong with a small people and shall obtain the kingdom by flatteries..."
"...and he shall not regaurd the God of his fathers nor the desire of women..."

Whoever "he" is, he shall be of Hebrew (Jewish) descent and also of a Christian heritage and a politician.

Fromabove

So the antichrist will bring false hopes to the world or probably will take over after a time of great stress and vulnerability as is a major world wide disaster.

He will not aknowleadge the god of his heritage and also he will not lust after women.

If this man going to be gay?

I wonder because a monk he will obviously will not be.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Actually,

The antichrist very well could be a monk or something like him. He will be a great deceiver....deceiving, if it were possible, the very elect. In the last days, according to Paul in Thessalonians chapter 2, God will also send strong delusion upon those who hold the truth in unrighteousness so that they will believe a lie.

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I think I'd rather be a little closer to God and hope to avoid that delusion.

I do know that he speaks in that chapter about the evil one, the son of perdition and his being revealed.

I think that there is one thing that most men in the world agree on....the stage is being set for an apocolypse of some sort. Most of us sense it coming, it's why we're here.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think (my opinion) that the anti-Christ could very well be Jewish and/or a possible future leader of Israel. The Bible explains that the anti-Christ will bring about a false peace.... a worldwide peace. Now the main hot spot in the world today and probably for many years to come is the Middle East. The main conflict being between Israelis and the Palestinians who have Arab support/sympathy. Now what better way to start this false peace than a Jewish anti-Christ making "real" peace overtures to the Palestinians and Arabs? Once this anti-Christ brings peace between Israel, the Palestinians, and the Arabs; this will convince the rest of the world that he is the man that will bring the Earth until a new era. An era of peace, prosperity, and harmony. Which in reality is a ruse. I'm not ruling out that the anti-Christ may come from Europe but I can see how a Jewish anti-Christ could come about. You see Satan seems to have a desire to pervert all that God has as good. An anti-Christ coming from the line of David or other Jewish lineage would be a blantant perversion of that of Jesus Christ. Christ being a decendant from the line of David. Just something to ponder.

---warpfactor9

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpfactor9

The Bible explains that the anti-Christ will bring about a false peace.... a worldwide peace.

Where does the bible say this?
In Daniel?
that is not about the Anti-Christ its about Christ. Read my posts above.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
defcon5 I will reread as well as study your posts.

---warpfactor9

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
The Mahdi is the Antichrist, don't be deceived. I'm sure he will first appear as friendly to the Jews and they will love him, but according to prophecy, 3.5 years into the 7 years of the tribulation he will turn upon their leaders (and organize a massive campaign against them). This is the abomination of Desolation, and if the Old Testament is to have any credence Muslims should be extremely careful not to embrace any leader spouting Messianic claims in the future....

Read this:

answering-islam.org.uk...

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Nakash]

Thanks for the links. I have come to similar conclusions based on current trends and Biblical prophecy. The coming Islamic Mahdi is tailor made to be the antichrist. In the western world we fail to note that Islam is the fastest growing religion. Europe is doomed to become Islamic by the end of the century due to pure demographics. Even in America, christians are falling away and joining the Muslim religion faster than they can be replaced. Unfortunately the 911 terrorist event has only accelerated the conversion to Islam. I guess death and violence make great advertisements.

At any rate most pre-millenialists will agree that the beast kingdom of the antichrist is some kind of revived Roman empire. We often point to the EU as a precursor to this empire. Consider that the EU will soon be largely an Islamic state. Consider the tactics of the antichrist, how he will deceive many through peace. This was Muhammeds tactic when he conquered Mecca. Also the antichrists vitriolic hatred of christians and Jews fits in well with current Islamic thinking. It's interesting to note that the Muslims believe the Mahdi will reign for 7 years, which is the predicted time of the antichrist covenant. They also view the Mahdi as a great warrior, the rider on the white horse.

Only someone who has the backing of the Muslim world could possibly get away with allowing the Jews to rebuild the temple. He will produce miracles which is likely to convince Jews, Muslims and christians that he is the Messiah. He will use the Roman catholic church who will initially back him. The Roman catholic church appears to be the most likely candidate for the whore of babylon, being the major false religion whose seat of power is in the city of seven hills (see Rev. 17). The only reason God allows the reign of this antichrist is for the express purpose of destroying the whore of babylon. I believe therefore that the muslim mahdi will ravage and destroy the catholic church therefore. We know from Daniel that the antichrist will not follow the god of his fathers but rather a god of 'fortresses. Of course Muhammed was a warlord and so will be Mahdi, so this fits well. It is likely therefore that the Mahdi/antichrist will be a former christian probably from a weak state religion such as the catholic church, who will convert to the muslim faith and follow the God of fortresses. Thus he will be like so many millions already who are abandoning the faith in europe. He may be a closet homosexual, since he will not care for the affections of women. Homosexuality has, in times past, been practiced in some muslim countries. In fact the 72 'virgins' or sexual play toys the martyr receives include young boys, according to the Koran. I see this playing out all too soon, and frankly I am concerned.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
why isn't anybody acknowledging that all talk of the antichrist and beasts took place during times of intense persuction. the symbolism in revelations relates to the intense amount of persecution that christians were going through, and the book of daniel was written during an equally oppressive time. there is no way to use these commentaries written to give people strength to carry on during hard times as a way to predict future events.

it's that simple.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why isn't anybody acknowledging that all talk of the antichrist and beasts took place during times of intense persuction.

You make a good point because that is actually how the myth of the messiah came to be when the Jewish people were in exile persecuted and oppressed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join