It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My honest opinion on who will be the Antichrist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Mahdi (peace be upon him) will not deny Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him). No muslim dare insult Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) or deny his status. And one of the signs of the anti christ is that he will deny Prophet Jesus. I guess we will just have to wait .. LOL

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Probably a Zionist [...]will also link all religions into one coherent ecumenical ideology and claim to be the Muslim Mahdi.

Seems a contradictory set of claims no? I mean, if he claims to be a muslim prophet, he can't very well be a zionist no? Even the ecumenicalism seems out of place. Or are you saying that he simply initially presents as a zionist but isn't really one?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Fromabove posted:

Book of Daniel

"... and he shall become strong with a small people and shall obtain the kingdom by flatteries..."
"...and he shall not regaurd the God of his fathers nor the desire of women..."

Whoever "he" is, he shall be of Hebrew (Jewish) descent and also of a Christian heritage and a politician.

The reson why I believe he will be of Jewish descent is because the term "God of our Fathers" is a Jewish Patriarch term to show they are of God or God's children through Abraham. The reson I say and of Christian heritage is because prior to the time of Jesus birth, it was the desire of every young woman to be the one God would choose to give birth to the Messiah. If any on this board here is devout Jewish please add to this statement. That he is a politician, I think this because he takes the "kingdom" by flatteries, or he "talks" his way to the place of rulership.

He could be of Roman descent as well. The Roman empire didn't die, it changed into the Roamn Catholic Church and so continues to this day. And Rome will rise again soon.

The Covenant that he will "confirm" with many I believe is the old Covenant, I believe at the 3rd Temple dedication. He will "agree" that it is valid, probably to ensure peace with many nations. But this covenant may be inclusive to Islamics and Christians as well. We shall have to wait for the answer I guess.

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
my opinion.

there will be no antichrist

there will be no apocalypse (at least not within the biblical scope)

and the apocalyptic books of the bible were written to be religious commentary on contemporary issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Revelation is usually interpreted as pointing to a non-Jewish antichrist. The antichrist is the beast that comes out of the sea, which in Jewish symbolism generally means the multitudes/gentiles. The false prophet is the beast that comes out of the Earth, which symbolizes Israel (Judaism).

I still think it could be Bill Clinton, although this new Iranian president would be interesting to consider as a candidate.

[edit on 12/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

[edit on 12/29/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So , according to Daniel, when the US has a gay, Jewish president we will know he is the anti-christ. UNtil that day, my vote is Prince Henry.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There will be no Apocalypse/Armageddon. What will be is much worse: the Earth will plunge into middle ages again, for more than one thousand years, where superstition will reign supreme...but this time coupled with technological slavery and environmental degradation so severe that man will become a freak in his own home. It will be like hell on Earth - a cross between Mad Max and Quake 4.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
although this new Iranian president would be interesting to consider as a candidate.

interesting idea...
he has suddenly shot up the rankings, but i strongly feel it will be a European politican.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Probably a Zionist ....................

. He will also have a puppet goverment in America

some people think the current crop of BushCo. christian-zionists neo-cons
which are directing the USA policy & strategy is that 'puppet' gov't/

In the spirit of convoluted/conspiratorial theory....and recalling that the
Bible admonition that "Even the Elect should be Deceived",

i say that reason & logical speculation about the A.C. being a politician
or a religious leader is just like ...barking up the wrong tree....

i would point out that someone like Bono is generating a following
with his idea to forgive 3rd world debt...to break the enduring paradigm of
poverty in much of the world, what else does either He or the next BonoType have up their sleeves?? ~Middle East Peace~...

as that's the thing that the A.C. becomes famous for;
By his negotiating/brokering a 7 year peace,
involving regathered Jews,
who live at peace in cities without Walls...
(note that the Israel nation, has been at war or has been occupying
Palestinian or other Arab lands non-stop since 1948...that leaves out the A.C. being an Israeli as there has not been peace in that land , which also has cities without walls around them, according to Daniels' latter days prophecies.
)

Just because the future A.C. does not desire women, doesn't make him
either gay or unmarried as brought up in the thread.
(a person can be entered in a 'marriage-of-convience' or something like the pop-culture arrangements that goes on & is necessary for the Hollywood promotional purposes...)

also, the A.C. will not honor or regard the god of his ancestors....as he only
regards the god of strongholds/fortresses (military might ?)

I really think youse guys are thinking inside the box RE: the A.C.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Who is more anti-Christ than Satan? He tops the list of suspects I have. If he comes to us as a person, he is likely to pretend to be very righteous, like say Jerry Falwell... hmmmm. Of course, the devil is a compulsive liar, so he can't admit he's the AC, but we should be able to deduce who he is by his actions. Maybe he will disguise himself as a she. Martha Stewart?
Or maybe as a hero, like Charlton Heston.
Or I might be just trying to throw you all off the trail of the AC, in which case I cannot say who the AC really is, to avoid incriminating him.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I thought the antichrist was the Roman emperor Nero around the time Christianity was new and mostly underground due to Romans being really hard on them. Or I might be getting that mixed up with 616 (now known as 666 and from what I know is the same as the antichrist just not in the new versions of the bibles do to misunderstanding in translation I think) which with Roman numerals you could make any ones name into a number and it just so happens 616 was the Roman emperor Nero... I find that ironic that was pondering about someone who has been dead for 2000 years now.

Revelation 13:17 states:

"... No one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or name of the beast, or the number of his name."

Mark would be the roman markings of numerals and the name is the name in the markings of this number

In fact many modern ideas on how to mess with the number of the beast have come about. Probably the best-known scheme has A=100, B=101, and so on. With this code, the name "HITLER" adds up to 666. Another commonly cited example is President Ronald Wilson Reagan, where counting the letters of his first, middle, and last name lead to 666.

And to make it more interesting I am the ANTICHRIST since my INITIALS ARE
BBB= bbb

Now just ad a slash at the top of all them you get 666 SO THAT MAKES ME THE ANTICHRIST....

But we all know 666 isn’t the antichrist but someone told me it was so I just thought it was a wide spread belief so don’t kill me for ruining the party.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I dont think he is alive yet but I have some ideas on what he will be like

- Great Speaker (think Hitler in Germany x 10)
- Religous (at least he will seem that way at first)
- Highly intelligent (can speak many languages)
- Very handsome and charismatic (Brad Pitt pretty)
- European descent
- Comming from wealth

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

www.endtime.com...

Interesting reading. If ANY of what this guys says is true, it won't bee too long. He think that old Gorbi is the anti-christ. If that is so, he is pretty old and will need to make his move before he dies. In his 60's, this guy did a lot of things that many see as good. The environmentalist like him, the politicians like him, the Jews like him (he let a bunch from then USSR go back to Israel), the arabs like him (he was after all a soviet), and generally is well regarded in Europe. If he makes a move on the UN watchout. That will be the key, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Considering that the layers of the statue in Daniel are representative of countries, as are the beasts in Daniel, why do people not realize that the beasts of revelation are also countries and keep trying to make them into men?

Paul says that there will be many anti-Christs, that anyone that teaches or believes contrary to Christ is one. John that wrote revelations understood that Daniel had intended the beasts in his vision to be countries and so he followed the same symbolism. That is why the 4th beast in Daniel has the same description as the first beast in revelations.

The first beast in revelations is Rome, even they admit it is. Here straight from the foot notes of the “New American Bible for Catholics”

Rev 13:1 Then I saw a wild beast come out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads;

Footnote:
13 1-8 This wild beast, combining the first four beast of Daniel 7:2-28 symbolizes the roman empire.

So why would this final beast be a man? It's not, it’s the last worldly super power…
The one that calls down fire from the heaven enforces the mark, etc.

Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

And the largest corporate/consumer nation of all time.

The only being in the entire bible that can even be called an anti-Christ is the “Little Horn” in Daniel, and that is the leader of Rome, first as emperors, later as Popes (hence 666 and 616 both fitting Nero its leader in Johns time). These men would change the laws of God (there is much debatable unbiblical dogma in the RCC), Change the calendars (we still use the Roman calendar), and persecute the saints (kill Christians and later protestant heretics). There is no Anti-Christ coming, so I would stop looking for him as a sign and just accept that the end is already happening and will most likely go on for longer then seven years. All this 7 year tribulation, rebuilt temple, anti-Christ stuff is rubbish put out by the Jesuit order to keep people from recognizing what the truth was about the “Little Horn”.

If you don’t believe me, google up Futurism, Historicism, and Praeterism 2 of these 3 came from Rome, only one they now follow, and one they fight for you not to know about.

[edit on 12/30/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the anti christ is mentioned in the bible a grand total of twice. The first mention deals with the agnostics claiming christ was never a physical being on earth, so they were "anti-christ"

the title has been used as propaganda over the years to demonize enemies.

and the beast was just rome.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the anti christ is mentioned in the bible a grand total of twice. The first mention deals with the agnostics claiming christ was never a physical being on earth, so they were "anti-christ"

the title has been used as propaganda over the years to demonize enemies.

and the beast was just rome.

Anti-christ is just a name.

You are discounting the person clearly mentioned in the Book of Revelations. The one that makes people take the mark of the beast to buy or sell and all that other stuff. Thats who everyone is talking about what difference does the name make.

You also state the Beast is Rome as if it was fact or something
Sure thats a theory you and some other people might share but its hardly some proven fact like you make it seem. Besides there was more then one Beast in the Revelations so that theory is not very convincing IMHO

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
fair enough

www.hisholychurch.net...
The Mark of Rome
The Mark of the Beast is simply the "badge of servitude" given by System of the Beast to identify you as one of his servants who must labor night and day so that the Beast may have power.

In the picture you see slaves wearing Charagmas. Charagma is the Greek word translated into Mark in the book of revelations. A charagma was a "badge of servitude" made by etching the important information about a slave in soft clay and then baking that clay. This worked also as a free pass around the city when fulfilling the assignments given slaves by their employers.
It could be written on paper as well. The essential quality of the Charagma or Mark is that it is a badge of servitude issued by an authority that is like the beast of the Roman Empire. It is issued by the Image of the Beast.

or, it was a huge monster that ate people or whatever

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well let’s see, I hate to bring this down to Sesame Street but…
Which of these things are not like the other which of these things does not belong:

Daniel:
Head of statue = Babylon = First beast
Chest of statue = Media/Persia = Second beast
Waste of statue = Greece = Third beast
Legs of Statue = Rome = Fourth Beast
Feet of Statue = Current world = no beast, was not applicable to beast prophecy, this prophecy was about the little horn and ends with its leader.

Revelations:
First beast = Rome = Fourth beast Daniel
Second Beast = A Man?

I don’t think so…
The last beast that enforces the mark is the US. Only country to call fire from the heavens and the beast that will force the mark to protect itself from supposed terrorists.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I see the interpretation of Daniels statue as this:

Head = Babylon
Arms and chest = Medes and Persians
Belly and thighs = Greece and Assyria
Legs = Rome
Toes of Iron and clay = Beast nation/kingdom

In Revelation it says that the seven heads of the beast are seven kings. Five are fallen, one is, and the other has not come but when he does it will be for a little time, and the Beast is the eighth (head) and is of the seven.

Since everything is seen as it will relate to Israel, I see it like this.

Head = Babylon #1
Arms and chest = Medes and Persians #2 and #3
Belly and thighs = Greece and Assyria #4 and #5
Legs = Rome # 6 (one is)
Toes = Beast Kingdom # 8

Where is # 7 I think it's either the United Nations or United States. The United States is from Europe, which was part of Rome. It's interesting to note that on 9/11 a scripture could have been fulfilled when planes hit the finacial and military head of America (one was planned for the US Capitol Bldg. Planes in the sky look like swords do they not. "The beast that had the wound to the head by the sword and did live, was healed" Right now, the USA is the ruler of the world (for a short time anyway).

Fromabove

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
In Revelation it says that the seven heads of the beast are seven kings. Five are fallen, one is, and the other has not come but when he does it will be for a little time, and the Beast is the eighth (head) and is of the seven.

You got me there for a second, you switched beasts on me. The beasts I was referring to above are the beasts of Revelations 13, the one you are talking about is in verse 17 here:

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Well right off the top of my head this is obviously about Rome, as Rome is well known by all schools of prophecy to be the city of the seven hills. This is talking about the mating of the Pagan Roman Empire with/into the Holy Roman Empire. If you ever try and search for when the Roman Empire ended you will find the same thing I did in researching this topic, and that is there is no definitive time when it actually ended. It still exists today as Rome under the Vatican. That is why it is called: “The beast that was, and is not, and yet is”. The old Emperors started giving over more and more power to the Roman Catholic Church until the Pope basically had all the same powers, right down to being the representative of God on earth and his authority being held as though it was the infallible word of God himself.

REV. E. B. ELLIOT wrote one of the most comprehensive papers on the three schools of prophecy, called the Horae Apocalypticae This is what he has to say on the subject in volume four:

Horae Apocalypticae

It is evident that the Angel, in his explanatory remarks, includes the whole history of both Beast and Woman, from the beginning of their existence; not that alone depicted in the vision before us: - of Rome, as the city reigning over the kings of the earth in St. John’s time, (verse 18,) that is, imperial Rome with its sword of conquest; as well as of Rome Papal, with the drugged cup of her superstitution, as pictured in the vision: [50] of the seven successive earlier ruling heads of the Beast, five of which had fallen in St. John’s time; as well as of the second seventh, i.e. the eighth, under which the revived Beast of Roman empire was again to prosper, bearing on it the ten horns as its constitutent kings, and together with them supporting, and fornicating with, the cup-bearing Rome, or Rome Papal. Just so, I conceive, there was indicated by the Angel the prior history of the ten horns, as well as their later history; - their history as hinted at in Apoc. xii., before they got their diadems, and when Rome was still imperial: and that then they would desolate the Harlot, (a title equally applicable to Rome imperial, as to Rome Papal, [51] ) and eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. Now all this, we know, was most strikingly fulfilled by the ten Gothic powers spoiling and desolating and burning imperial Rome in the 5th and 6th centuries; indeed so desolating her campagna as in fact to originate that erhmia out of which she rose up again as Papal Rome; and which attached to her ever after, even when the selfsame Gothic powers, in their diademed and second stage of existence, had become unitedly subjected, so as is depicted in our illustrative vision, to her harlotry. [52

Originally posted by Fromabove
Since everything is seen as it will relate to Israel,

You still have your mind too set into what is taught by Futurism. There are only two verses I can think of off the top of my head that can be interpreted to show that Israel has any direct bearing in the end time’s events.

One is in Daniel and has two definite possible interpretations as follows:

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Most futurists take this as meaning that the Anti-Christ will have the Jewish Temple rebuilt in the last days. He shall make a peace covenant within the Middle East to allow this to happen, and the Jewish sacrifice shall be allowed to resume. After 3.5 years of this he is supposed to have gotten a big enough head that he gets up on the alter of the Temple, declares himself to be god, and breaks the covenant.

I will assume this is the version that you are familiar with?

Now lets look at this verse along with the two just before it and you shall see what I am talking about:

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The first thing you should notice is that this had to have happened within a specific amount of time after the order to rebuild Jerusalem went out. I don’t have the dates in front of me, and don’t have the time to look them up now, but I assure you that it did. There was a precise amount of time from the when that the order went out to the birth of Christ. I am sure you can google this up for yourself. Anyway that is not really the point just the set up.

You know that God made a covenant with man; at least I would hope that you do. He made it back when man originally sinned and was removed from the garden. That covenant was that his son would be born as a human, he would lead a perfect human life, and he would unjustly die to redeem all humanity that would accept him, from their sins.

I should also tell you that up until the last destruction of the Temple by the Romans, that there was a yearly sacrifice which was made at the Jewish Temple for the forgiveness of sins for the entire nation. The blood of an innocent lamb that was slaughtered would be sprinkled between the Cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant (the lost ark), in the holy of holies within the temple.

Now, Christ confirmed Gods covenant with man, right when he was supposed to. He showed up here and at the age of 30 started his ministry. He walked this earth as a perfect human. Then after 3.5 days, or 3 and a half years, at the age of 33, he was put to death. I am not sure if you are aware of the significance of this line in Luke, so I will touch on it:

Luk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

This is the veil that separated the Holy of Holies, where the ark was kept, from the inner temple. The only person that ever entered there was the High Preist, and that was for the sacrafice I mentioned above. The rending of this veil meant that the sacrifice was now null-and-void. God’s son had made the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of man, and thus he, meaning Christ,"shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease”, not some Anti-Christ.

As to the next little blurb, that has to do with the fact that God, being pretty fed up with Israel at this point was going to allow it to become desolation. Within 30 some years the Romans did exactly that and Israel ceased to be a nation until 1968.

The next place that I can think of that is used to mean that Isreal is part of the end times is the Parable of the Fig Tree, luckily this is a nice short one:

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Many believe that since the Fig tree is a symbol for Israel that this is a confirmation that they will exist again right before the beginning of the end times. Since I believe that we have been in the end times since the Romans took out Israel the last time around, I don’t think it's a sign of the end, but rather a sign of the last things that have yet to be fulfilled will be coming soon.

If there are more I cannot think of them right at the second, I am getting too tired. If you do, post them and I will try and explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join