Well, to reach the Astral Plane i can suggest you several things.
1- Go anche check this link www.abovetopsecret.com...
. It's one of the sticked topics in this forum, and there
you've got 22 pages all about Astral Projection.
2- Give a look for William Buhlman's books about Astral Travel. He has been studying Astral Travel for quite some years now, and he's got some good
insights about it. I don't know their titles in English, but i think you'll manage to find them easily.
3- I haven't managed to obtain a conscious OOBE (Out Of Body Experience another name for Astral Projection) yet, but according to what i've read
here and in Buhlman's books, you can try and do as follows:
- lay down on your bed, in a comfortable position, usually laying back with legs and arms slightly "opened" (can't find a more suitable word,
- try and relax your body. You must make your body fall asleep, while keeping your mind conscious. One of the most used methods is trying to make your
muscles relax and sleep, starting from your feet and slowly moving up through your body. You can either visualyze your muscles while you relax them,
or just feel them, it's up to you.
- keep your mind awake and prevent it from drifting off
- for this step, i've read several methods, i will tell you some. A)
Empty your mind, you must have no thoughts at all. If any thought comes
to you, just ignore it and let it wear off. It takes some practice, but after some days you'll already manage to notice some progress (this technique
seems pretty useful also for just sleeping better). B)
Focus on your intentions to have an Astral Projection. You can either concentrate on
your intention, or repeat some kind of mantra in your head, such as "My mind is conscious and now i'm going to have an Astral Projection". Just an
example. Personally, i think it's better to find a sentence as shorter and clearer as possible. C)
You can try and visualyze your Astral Body
departing from your phisical one. Some people imagine it as a fog of some kind, some others imagine a "blurry/ghostly" copy of their body, usually
bluish, floating away from their own body. It's up to you, and nothing prevents you to find other solutions, maybe more suitable to you.
- At this point, if everything went ok, you should experience at least one of the following things: energy flowing through your body, vibrations,
everything spinning around you, odd noises or voices, paralysis. And they could be quite unexpected and "strong". Ok, don't panic, don't lose your
focus, don't move, don't think of your body, just follow these sensations, abandon yourself to them and allow them to fill you, because they mean
you're quite there.
- if everything goes ok and you manage to arrive at this point without losing your focus or anything else, you should sooner or later hear a *snap*
and there you go, you're in Astral Plane.
A little side note or two. First of all, don't worry if you fail your first attempts. It requires a lot of patience, preseverance and knowledge.
Don't get upset and keep looking for informations and insights. It often requires many days or several months.
Sometimes you'll fall asleep, and then suddently wake up in the middle of the night being paralyzed, feeling energy or vibrations, hearing odd
things. As said above, don't panic because this means you're almost there.
Well, that's all i can think of. These aren't first hand informations, because as i've said i haven't managed to consciously AP yet, still i hope
they may be useful.