It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' FIRST Holiday Debates!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Call for participants and Judges in a Holiday...er, Christmas, no wait, Winter season Debate

In the festive spirit, ATS will have a slieu of short, one-on-one debates. We are asking for eight (8) holiday minded participants.. Each debate will consist of an opening statement, two replies, and then closing remarks for both sides. Each statement should be posted within 24 hours of one another. See the Debate Forum for more examples. Be prepared to be participating until the middle of next week. The Big Man in the Red Suit insists that we take the 25th off. And we all need to listen to Springer, so you'll still be able to celebrate christmas.

external image
If you are intersted in a fun and far less formalized debate, please respond here or u2u either Me (Amorymeltzer) or Nygdan ASAP.

If you'd like to have the oppurtunity to judge these debates, please u2u either of us and say so.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
As a second thought Amory, please scratch my u2u and enter me as a contestant.

I was wondering when the debates were going to come back around (either in the form of one on one, or a tourney) and this seems like a great chance to have some fun!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Count me in. I've been on a lot lately, and will be throughout the break, so I may as well get in on a debate and hope that I don't draw TheLibra again.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Any word on how many participants or judges there are?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I asked for 8 participants in the opening post, so we're shooting for that, and the number of judges is irrelevant to anyone at this point except me and Nygdan.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but I think he was asking if there were spots left.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Have the volunteers all shown up yet? Forgive me for being anxious- just curious.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No, but we're willing to run without the full load, as it IS the season. (although I'd rather not)

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We've still got plenty of room for more participants, so if any of you are still interested, just drop us both a u2u.

Remember, these are not going to be as involved as previous debate tournaments, so don't let that hold anyone back.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Any idea when these will start?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Very soon, we have 6 participants and a minimal number of judges. Looking forward to it!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thank you, sounds great!
So this will be a little more relaxed then a normal debate, eh?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Significantly

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I bet this will be alot of fun, thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Have I missed the deadline?

If not, I would like to participate as a contestant.....

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We still have room for one more participant, in addition to memoryshock and everyone that has repsonded.

Quick u2u me, first one gets it!

And then we will start the debates tonight!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We've got 'em all!!!

Kenshiro2012 V JBurns:The Grinch and Ebenezeer Scrooge are, despite what Adam Sandler says, Jewish.
SportyMB V. Chebob:The right started the war on Christmas.
MemoryShock V The Vagabond:Carrollers are the scion of satan.

Best of luck to everyone!

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So, what exactly are the Christmas rules? Extention till tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow, Memoryshock and I must look like we really just can't wait to get at eachother- we'll probably finish tomorrow, whilst everybody else is just rounding out a Christmas spent with friends and family.
Not us though. We wanted to draw blood.

These are very interesting topics though. I'm going to enjoy watching the other debates wrap up once Mem and I are done. As for the grinch debate... I wouldn't touch that one with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole. That one's just begging for stereotypes.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well......it was a fun debate. I never imagined that I would have to associate carolers with Satan, so the excercise proved challenging and enjoyable.....

I have enjoyed the beginnings of the other debates but fear that they are not progressing.......will judging commence upon completion of all debates?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join