It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well said 47, pretty much summed up the whole thread!

I just think it's a damn shame and pretty scary that it takes a problem on a large magnitude to get the American people motivated enough to even begin considering solutions. It shouldn't be this way, but it appears that we'd all rather ignore until we have to deal with it, when the problem could've been solved decades ago with what I'm sure would be a much more cost effective, humane way.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds the trend of complacency until being forced into action scarey.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conquistadork
I hope I'm not the only one who finds the trend of complacency until being forced into action scarey.

I think its just a byproduct of America becoming more and more fat dumb and happy as the years pass.

It is a shame we waited until we have millions of illegals here when people have known about it for a long time. I grew up in Texas and we always knew about the problem but it didn't really reach national awareness until it was almost too big of a problem to fix.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it is more of an issue of the US being largely re-active instead of pro-active. But with the way the system works, unfortunately this is the only way the US can accomplish things. Can you imagine the firestorm that would have been created if the US had done everything they did after 9/11 before 9/11. It couldn't have happened. I guess, in reference to the origin of the thread, the problem has escalated to the point where the benefits the US has received from illegal immigrants is becoming outweighed by the negatives.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
First they are breaking the law. Now when a person is alowed to hunt it is when the law says they can. If they just went out and killed animals we would have a lot of animals killed off and that is why immigration is set in place so as not to overrun a country. If we continue to allow anyone and everyone just to come in to this country it will be so overcrowed that we as a country will not be able to take care of all of them.Now I have read that most of them are leaving jobs in mexico to get more pay here and that is bull#. I say close off the border and lock up any person here Illegely in camps right at the border. It is a shame to allow 3 to 4 million every year.
Take away all the rights of anyperson breaking the law from onther country
My town is over run with almost all Illegels. My town used to have 90 percent white not it is 2 percent and it is bull#. they park there cars all on there lawns and i have seen them puting trash all over the place it makes me sick to see they do not care for this country. It has got to the point that the people I know just want to round them up and ship there sorry asses of to the country. They have all over their cars with stickers of their flag and my town has began to look like mexico. The point is they are breking the law and it is just that simple.... GO HOME GO HOME GO HOME before a war breaks out:

[edit on 22-12-2005 by prophetseeker]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I say if the goverment can not stop it then we should go to war aginst mexico. Claim the land and put it under the control of the usa. It is so bad it has become an invasion and if we do not get a grip on it it will spread as it has already. I am so pissed off!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. You think it would be better if we had a take care of all of them? Missing the logic there. Take a deep breath, have a beer and a smoke and come back when you are feeling better.!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetseeker
I say if the goverment can not stop it then we should go to war aginst mexico. Claim the land and put it under the control of the usa. It is so bad it has become an invasion and if we do not get a grip on it it will spread as it has already. I am so pissed off!!!!!!

we could always resort to hunter killer mech that are automated....sorry just watched T3.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
Forget the fact that you have worked here illegally and not contributed a tax dollar. They keep this up and their value to employers will plummet.

Uh-huh. and what about the employer who has also been paying his employees less than the going rate, providing no benefits and basically profiteering on the backs of the illegals? What are your thoughts on him?

Remember, those uncontributed tax dollars are spent in local businesses instead, it's not like these guys are sticking their ill-gotten gains in the Cayman Islands...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's about time Bush had the b@lls to tell the Mexican govt. where to go. What in the sane world does Mex. have the right to cross OUR borders with virtually no impunity? I am not a racist but I think it is time we either ship them back, build the wall and ship them back then, or just round them all up and place them internment camps until until they can gain legal access to our country. They are draing our social coffi( and ers and programs, sending hospitals into bankruptcy and making every American subsidize there stay here. Sure America is the land of the free, but make them do it legally like everone else. Their presence here in SW Va. is mind boggling. Citizens who have been here all their life are being turned away from many social programs like food stamps, healthcare benifits, etc... simply due to their vast swarms or numbers; however you would like to put it.
They get set up with nice places to live, vehicals to drive( and I may add w/o a greencard), foodstamps while we indeginous people scrape to get buy. I'm for rounding them up and sending them back to where they came from with no exceptions. They are at the moment really piccing people off bigtime and there have been some reports of folks in rural settings of taking matters into their own hands as far as delivering justice. Heck, why wait for the overburdened court system to use even more of our tax money? If my diatribe seems a tad harsh it is meant to be.
I am a firm believer in the fact of taking care of our own first and then and only then, help others. Anyway.. who says we have to take care of the dregs of another society? Now all of them are not but a very LARGE portion of them are from what I see around my hometown. They are draing our tax base, which is already in bad shape.This sort of reminds me of the Marieal Boat Lift years ago when Castro emptied all of his prisons and sent his model prisoners to the shores of Florida. He did not want to put up witht hem any longer, put 'em in boats and sent them on their merry way. Pouplation control? You can answer that one.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetseeker
I say close off the border and lock up any person here Illegely in camps right at the border. It is a shame to allow 3 to 4 million every year.

That's been tried before. Take a look at Australia's mandatory detention policy. All boat people arriving without proper documentation, ie visas, are locked up behind razor wire in camps in such charming places as Woomera. Never mind that the number of boat people a year doesn't go over 200 and the biggest number of illegals in Oz are Brits who overstay their visas. Why aren't they locked up as well?

In the 70s we took in thousands of boat people, they were South Vietnamese fleeing their new overlords from Hanoi. Where's the difference between them and Iraqis fleeing Saddam or Afghanis fleeing the Taliban.

Sorry to go so far off-topic, but your proposed solution has already been proven a failure.

Ahh, more human-rights violations from the "light of democracy". Need to check your constitution and bill of rights again. All are equal before the law. There's a very, very good reason for that.

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me
and there was no-one left
to speak out for me.

-Father Martin Niemoller.

My town is over run with almost all Illegels. My town used to have 90 percent white not it is 2 percent and it is bull#. they park there cars all on there lawns

Those bastards, how dare they park their cars on their lawns?

Careful mate, the paper-thin disguise on your racism is starting to show wear marks where it rubs.

Let me guess, this land that is your land should be reserved for the people who originally owned it, right, and that would be...Native American Indians? You live in a country of immigrants, dip#. White, black, brown, yellow...you're all immigrants and I don't remember reading about how the Mayflower's passengers got their entry visas at the Embassy before departing.

Just like in Oz, where we lock up the "boat people" but teach our kids the history of colonisation by...The First Fleet?!? Which, as we are not "boat people", must have been 747s or something.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Dont forget the Canadian wall.........

actually their just going to put up a fence on our boarder

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here in Dallas there have been 2 police officers killed by illegal immigrants in the last month. The illegals are also becoming a huge crime problem, and gang violence is rising. The areas where these illegal immigrants live are becoming downtroden and trashy. I know of 2 families, who are in this country illegally, recieving welfare benefits. I have personally seen them in grocery stores buying t-bones and beer with food stamps. That is just wrong. I do acknowledge there have been benefits. Most notably cheaper labor which leads to cheaper consumer prices, most notably in homes. But it is true that hospitals are going out of business, and the strain on our economy is now larger than those benefits.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Ahh, more human-rights violations from the "light of democracy". Need to check your constitution and bill of rights again. All are equal before the law. There's a very, very good reason for that.

The United States Constitution protects United States CITIZENS, not illegals

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
The United States Constitution protects United States CITIZENS, not illegals

And it barely does that...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's sad when people use issues like these to flaunt and justify their racism. Either way you look at it, it's our fault, not theirs, no matter how many laws they're breaking.

The American public, as Zoso so well put it, has become far to re-active for its own damn good. It's like letting the crack in the dam get so big that by the time it collapses everyone says "I saw that one coming"

If that's the case, then why didn't you do something about it? Unfortuneately, these people are so vital to the economy and their cheap labor can be found virtually no where else without creating a few human rights violations that I don't see an end to this in sight - wall or no wall.

[edit on 22/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It's sad when people use issues like these to flaunt and justify their racism. Either way you look at it, it's our fault, not theirs, no matter how many laws they're breaking.

Racism? Please don't bring that up, I could care less if they were blue with orange hair. What does matter to me is the fact that they are illegally in the US, and the fact that they are placing a huge burden upon our Social Programs.
I also cannot see how it could possibly be our fault. I do acknowledge that there are companies that hire illegal immigrants, if it were up to me, I’d put everyone one of their CeO’s in prison. However, that does not explain the fact that there are 11 million illegal immigrants in the US. The illegal immigrants have no respect for our laws nor our national sovereignty, their government doesn't either. It is for that reason that we have to uphold our laws and stop illegal immigration The damage they are doing to our country far outweighs any positive effect they are having.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Let me guess, this land that is your land should be reserved for the people who originally owned it, right, and that would be...Native American Indians? You live in a country of immigrants, dip#. White, black, brown, yellow...you're all immigrants and I don't remember reading about how the Mayflower's passengers got their entry visas at the Embassy before departing.

Would we please give it up with the Native American angle. What happened to Native Americans happened years ago and I'm sorry but we can't go back and reverse it.

We do live in a country of immigrants but they came here through places like ellis island not the Arizona desert. I'm sorry but were living in the present and here in the present people have to immigrate here legally. I'm not saying that Mexicans and other Latin Americans can't immigrate here, I'm all for it if they come through the front door and pay taxes and sit on juries and everything legal Americans do.

[edit on 12/22/2005 by Agent47]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.

are you joking because this shows ignorance of the history of such an evil idealogy.

and illegals arent citizens and most come here, then take everything back to mexico, providing no contribution to our society, this is a country of laws, not a free for all do whatever you want country, they have no right being here and robbing our resources for another country, its our soverngty being trampled on here.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Conquest

Forgive me Mods
No we are not complacent, we are almost 300.000.000, threehundredmillion people. Made up of every nationalty you can mention. We are HUMBLE to the fact that we finally can live in some sort of peace with each other, and now we have to deal with IM's. We are so tired we just want to get on with our lives.
I believe, I may be wrong but the majority of legal citizens are Proud of that status,Legal proud of being part of this wonderful country, we have flaws yes, many, but we will work them out.
Conquest, if you don't like it here, become politically active or go home, SORRY

Agent You are so cute. Ok, we have not grown Fat and Dumb we are just, FED UP with all the fuss. ( I'm a very fit 120 pounder) Not fat, even here in Cheese Land I don't see many fat people, we burn it off in the cold winters.
WIS

[edit on 22-12-2005 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
HowlRunner
Yes it is extremely annoying that these "people" don't care about ordinary social conduct. We the white people are scared of them!!! Yes. If we complain about a white nieghbor he's gone, if we complain about an IM we are in danger because they gang up.DO you Frick.... know what I am talking about
I don't care about colors, but I care about being intimidated by people who are here illigaly, they are non existent, our law inforcement can't touch them. You must be very naive or ILLIGAL.
I was born with white skin, all genes, HAd they switched around I would have looked Arabien.
Am I off topic??
WIS

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join