It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Howl, we arent all selfish...

Its a farce. Immigration is a joke that the powers that be have blown out of proportion economically so we have someone else to blame for our grumbling stomachs.

My young friend, Please go back and reread what I have said.
Let me try to place it this way. To me the USA has a roof that holes in it.
We the people are getting soaked from all the holes. Illegal immigrants are just one hole!
When I clean house, I clean the from top to bottom. I don't clean just one room. But you must start someplace.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My point is...
If all the bigger holes were fixed, illegal immigration would cease to be a hole. We would welcome anyone to utopia.
Save your kindergarden analogies, I understand what you are trying to say. I just dont see immigration as a "hole", whether legal or not.
It is not our planet to divide and put up fences.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OK........ It just may be me, but I think it is a very big hole. Lets take a look!
Cost for illegal Immigration for just for 5 out of our 50 states.
Florida in 2005 payed out $4.3 Billion. California was out $10.5 Billion. Texas cost was $4.7 Billion. Arizona was into $1.3 Billion and little old Minnesota had just $180 million out last year. The math on that is.............
$$$ 20,980,000,000.00 for the cost of 5 states in ONE YEAR!

It's just a patch in the roof till we get the a new roof. Or We take cash, check, or plastic.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
One request. Please check those figures again. In the US a billion is 100,000,000. In the rest of the world it is 1,000,000,000. I just don't want a NASA-ESA type screw-up on figures here.

And then break the figures down into what is health care, what is education, what is law-enforcement, what is "lost" income etc...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
One request. Please check those figures again. In the US a billion is 100,000,000. In the rest of the world it is 1,000,000,000. I just don't want a NASA-ESA type screw-up on figures here.
And then break the figures down into what is health care, what is education, what is law-enforcement, what is "lost" income etc...

hmmmmmmmm It's 20.98 Billion if that helps. As for breaking down the cost, I would have to do a lot of typing
I not a typist but, here is one of the places I get some of the info "www. fair.us.org" as for the other I just typed in "US illegal Immigration Cost" into Google and get all kinds of info.

P.S. Dafun13, I forgot that You were into where our tax money goes.
As for the government pissing away our hard eared $$ You are wright.
It makes me
with all the Billions that go to fertilize there yards

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
what do you mean by that?

And "write" in that context doesnt need the W.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
what do you mean by that?

Your Post in "The New American Revolution" rite about the write, I am not the typest! I have my hand and wrest in a brace, and I don't proof read. MY BAD!
I see the 20.980 Billion spent last year by 5 states did not get your attion. From what I have read on the site I listed above it will be 2 times that by the end of the year 2006.
Don't forgot here that I am with you on this, I to would love to see us open to all! It just that some of us think it's time to close the doors and clean up.
After we clean up the house then we will open them once more.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.numbersusa.com...

This is a link to a website about illegal immigration. Specifically about birthright citizenship, the 14th amendment. This amendment need to be revised or done away with. How crazy is it to grant citizenship to the babies of parents who are here illegally!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I have said it before and I will say it again.

I want a 10 foot wall along our boarder. I want a mine field in front of that wall. I want snipers and machine gunners posted on the wall. I want Apaches flying along that wall. I want any person coming within 500 yards of that wall to be shot.

After a month of this the illegal immigration won't be a problem.

thats right it will create new jobs in the bdy part removal field

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I doubt many people in this Forum will have enough patience to look past their own prejudice or hate, but the truth of the matter is, Mexico needs us and we need Mexico.

It is not a one way street, but a two way street.

Do you honestly think the US Government has neglected to look at the lack of border enforcement on either the Canadian or Mexican borders?

The fact of the matter is Mexicans are fantastic workers who are the EPITOME of capitalism at its best, but most of all THEY ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD PEOPLE!

I am a European American, but more than anything, I recognize that this nation was built on immigration, WE ARE A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS, nearly 99% of us! The 3 million Native Americans who still survive are the only people who can accurately lay a claim to this land we call the USA.

Building a wall is stupid, and here is why.

1.) Instead of paying for this huge project and wasting money on a wall, we should give that money to Mexican and US agents for integrating our security systems and data centers to help protect Mexican borders, which ultimately secures our borders, besides, Mexico's border is much, much smaller and is easier to monitor. If I were president, I would build that wall in Panama, right at the border with Columbia.

2.) The increases we see in our economy, due to increases in the need for housing, cars, etc.. Mexicans buy these items.. ahem.. Do you really think all of them are dirt poor? NO, THEY SAVE AND BUY NICE THINGS TOO!

3.) Anyone remember the Statue of Liberty? She says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free'? Lets HONOR That!

4.) Lets not turn ourselves into a bunch of Neo-Hitlerites with this stupid superiority complex.

5.) On the flip side, if you haven't been to Mexico, you should, its a fantastic place to travel, and a very affordable place to retire, which is what many Americans do.

***My personal apology to any Mexicans or Mexican Americans reading this. Hate is blind, and instead of seeing you as an ally, many reactionary Americans see you as an enemy, forgive their shortsightedness. They are brainwashed and don't realize how many Mexican Americans are serving in the United States Armed Forces to protect America.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I forgot to add one point, we also have many "Illegal Immigrants" serving in the US Armed Forces. They aren't citizens and they weren't born in the USA, but they serve in the military anyways, you think they do it for the pay?

Starting pay is 1,100 a month, thats, 13,000 a year, right at the poverty line.

Nope, they do it for the love of America.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hmmm, they come from Mexico, so if we kill everyone in Mexico, problem sovled!

Ok so that makes the world mad, so we just do the wall thing with mines, except UN hates mines, so lets use snipers, but anyone in the military will tell you snipers are evil, in a war you shoot a gun and if you hit an enemy there you go, but Snipers see their victims face, they know exactly who they are shooting, why they don't fall under most POW rules. They aren't soldiers they are paid assassins on a grand scale. Ok so machine guns, but then the anti-gun groups protest, go out and march at the wall, big scandal when they are shot. Ok so we have a wall and helicopters, but then the Media plays it as "USA uses advanced weaponry on Mexican Citizens.". Ok so we have a wall, which the Mexicans climb over, before getting a job at Wal Mart or wherever.

Solution? Tell Bush Mexico has oil, and then show a satellite picture of a tortilla factory and tell him WMDs are being made there, so even if the UN says stop he will invade and kill the Mexicans, so no Mexicans to cross illegally into America.

Or... DOn't elect a guy who has let in more illegals then his father, CLinton, and Regan did together. In just 6 years! Compared to 20...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can't believe how hip it is to talk of blatant Genocide against our fellow human being.

Devin, your mom must be so proud of you, you sound just like Satan reincarnated!.

And a racist satan at that, take your hate and keep your stupidity to yourself.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nvexx
I doubt many people in this Forum will have enough patience to look past their own prejudice or hate, but the truth of the matter is, Mexico needs us and we need Mexico.

It is not a one way street, but a two way street.

Do you honestly think the US Government has neglected to look at the lack of border enforcement on either the Canadian or Mexican borders?

The fact of the matter is Mexicans are fantastic workers who are the EPITOME of capitalism at its best, but most of all THEY ARE GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD PEOPLE!

3.) Anyone remember the Statue of Liberty? She says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free'? Lets HONOR That!

[endquote]

Thanks for the post. I havent check this thread in awhile but posted the same arguement earlier. Illegal immigration is a serious problem in this country but to think Illegal Latin Immigrants burden our economy more than they countribute to it is completly false.
The positive economic influence of these people is HUGE!

America like all societies isnt static it Evolves get used to it.
No matter where you stand I find the saddest arguement of all is that Illegal immigrants come to the U.S. to be lazy and only are here to take advantage of gov. benefits.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Lastly before anybody wants to build walls and shoot people put youself in others shoes first.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I also want to applaud you for that post. This thing kinda died when I was the only one arguing for this stance. Maybe we can spread a RATIONAL voice with a few of us.

I wont post any more rants. There are plenty a few pages back.

Thanks guys.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nvexx
I can't believe how hip it is to talk of blatant Genocide against our fellow human being.

Devin, your mom must be so proud of you, you sound just like Satan reincarnated!.

And a racist satan at that, take your hate and keep your stupidity to yourself.

Hmm, is it just me, or is someone missing the irony there?...

Why don't you try reading his signature...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Hmm, is it just me, or is someone missing the irony there?...

Why don't you try reading his signature...

Sarcasm is hard to get across the internet, so he may not have gotten it. Didn't get the long stupid post explaining how the original posters plan of a wall with guns and mines would never work in todays political world.

Edit
Also, RowR! Nice Avatar! Who is Linda Park?

[edit on 15-3-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
She is the woman of my dreams...

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join