Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 14
1
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bandar Paul

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
Try walking across the border FROM the US into Mexico and see what happens when those amiable fun loving people open fire on your butt.


I live on a border with Mexico and have done this COUNTLESS times. They dont shoot at you, you are more than welcome to walk in.


Then you were lucky, read on.

www.freerepublic.com...










posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T

Then you were lucky, read on.


Very interesting article but I wouldn't say that I was "lucky" think of how many Americans walk into Mexico a day.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The Mexicans see all of the Southwestern US as their land, that’s why the Mexican government is HELPING and promoting ILLEGAL immigration into the US. They think that they have a right to just waltz in here if they feel like it. Then they complain when we try to protect our national sovereignty and enforce OUR border.



I say if they want their land back so badly, they can fight us for it. Almost all land in the past what, 6,000 years has been gained or lost by military conquest or buying it. Since them paying us is out, they can fight for it. If they beat us they can have their damn land back.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
1. Close of all borders to the US
2. Any Illegalls trying to cross...Shot first, ask questions later. It comes down to 2 things. 1) breaking the law..2) more importantly invasion!!
3. Anyone willing to go throught the proper channels to be a LEGAL immigrant, should be allowed to do so.
The law is the law, time we start enforcing it. Want to challange me..Please do so!!



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
I say if they want their land back so badly, they can fight us for it. Almost all land in the past what, 6,000 years has been gained or lost by military conquest or buying it. Since them paying us is out, they can fight for it. If they beat us they can have their damn land back.


They are fighting us for it, not with guns or bombs, but by means of reproduction.



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
zoso28.

Your last post was the most relevant thing I've heard on this thread.
I dont think illegal immigration is as big of problem as some on this thread think, but you hit it on the head.

Countries evolve,

Welcome to the the evolution. This is the New World, deal with it

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Bandar Paul]



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
They are fighting us for it, not with guns or bombs, but by means of reproduction.

But WE the taxpayer are paying for it! Not that I mind helping a child out and into Bandar Paul world of Evolution.

I think Bandar Paul needs to get some fresh air. San Diego air is not that great. The last time I checked We are going down hill here. Please don't tell Me You are one of those that just sit in the back bus to see if it does run off the cliff. I for one am trying to wake up the bus driver!


P.S. I really don't mind helping out others. Paying higher rates at the hospital to help compensate for others who have no money is the prise I pay. I do not cry to much about it, but it is now where We can not afford to get the care We need!

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Mr101Hazardous
I wasnt supporting what illegal immigrants are doing. I simply thought that they are winning this War of rearing children. Never said I liked it.
Your right San Diego isnt all that great but it is an extremely liveable city. Illegal Immigrants are a problem here but I dont see it as destroying San Diego or America for that matter.
And all this talk about the burden placed on Medicare and Education, sure it is a burden but I dont think it is as nearly as big a fleecing as what the pharmaceutical companies do to Americans.



posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
NO, we want to stand high and proud. My whole post disapeared when I edited it, DARN

[edit on 14-1-2006 by WalkInSilence]

[edit on 14-1-2006 by WalkInSilence]



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
The law is the law, time we start enforcing it. Want to challange me..Please do so!!


Whose law? Yours? What makes your law any more applicable than the "tribal" law of those you displaced, without asking permission?

Law works on precedent. You've already set a precedent of illegal immigration, simply by being where you are, now you get to wallow in it.



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Law works on precedent. You've already set a precedent of illegal immigration, simply by being where you are, now you get to wallow in it.



posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Whose law? Yours? What makes your law any more applicable than the "tribal" law of those you displaced, without asking permission?

Law works on precedent. You've already set a precedent of illegal immigration, simply by being where you are, now you get to wallow in it.


If you have read the thread this issue has been brought up time and time again by people who either 1) Support illegal immigration or 2) Want Americans to feel bad for what our ancestors hundreds of years ago did to Native Americans.

I find it funny that foreigners and other Non native Americans like to spout off about how since we displaced the Native Americans we have no right to set policy for today.

While in the same breath I must point out I can't find many if any instances where native americans went on record of supporting illegal immigration. Has this happened? If it hasn't its because the Native Americans along with the other great cultures that make up America realize that illegal immigration degrades and undermines our country and our lifestyle.

We can make laws because we are a sovereign nation and have been for a couple hundred years. And the law says illegal immigration is illegal.


Now I may be wrong here but Howlrunner I thought you were Australian. If this is true then what right do you have living in a country that has abused and categorized the Aborigines as sub human scum? This issue isn't a one sided mirror.



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yea, or it may be because Native Americans have been herded onto reservations, where they can be satisfied with some casinos instead of a real stake in America.
Perhaps this is why their opinions on immigration are nearly non-existent. How many Native Americans do you guys know personally?



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Yea, or it may be because Native Americans have been herded onto reservations, where they can be satisfied with some casinos instead of a real stake in America.
Perhaps this is why their opinions on immigration are nearly non-existent. How many Native Americans do you guys know personally?


Personally out of everywhere I've lived, I know a few hundred.



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I went to school with a couple, and my one of my fathers good friends is Native American. I do understand they exist, just not like you would think.
NATIVE AMERICAN, and I know like 3 of em personally in MI. It just seems weird. I am sure this may be slightly irrelevant to someone in the southwest, but around here they are hard to find. They seem to be herded into their own little communities, only blending in where there are casinos.
Not national fact, just my local perception.
Very sad.



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
NATIVE AMERICAN, and I know like 3 of em personally in MI. It just seems weird. I am sure this may be slightly irrelevant to someone in the southwest, but around here they are hard to find. They seem to be herded into their own little communities, only blending in where there are casinos.
Very sad.

I am for the most part Native American..... Have tanted blood as my great Grandfather would (lovely) tell me. I would go on and say more but the MOD POLICE would pull me over.
The laws are in place here just as they are out there! To TRY to keep things from getting out of hand

PLEASE look over what has be said here! You guys would have had to figered out that I am NA

Make a FENCE, It's cheper then a WALL
and will work.
CLEAN UP our home! Then and only then! Open all the doors!



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Now I may be wrong here but Howlrunner I thought you were Australian. If this is true then what right do you have living in a country that has abused and categorized the Aborigines as sub human scum? This issue isn't a one sided mirror.


Correct. I am an Aussie. Correct, we have abused, degraded, decimated and generally destroyed the various Aboriginal nations both as people and as cultures. We even managed to commit genocide. There are tribes that were wiped out (and I don't meant the Tassies) and languages that no longer exist.

The difference is that I've lived in central Australia (my mother does now) and I've seen the reality they live.

I can also appreciate the irony of Pauline Hanson leading an anti-immigration party that wants all "boat people" locked up while in school we joyously teach our history, a bunch of convicts transported from the UK by the First Fleet. The only people in my country who aren't "boat people" are black, the rest of us are interlopers.

I am also passionately against the policy of mandatory detention of illegal immigrants as practiced by the Oz government for two reasons. One, it wastes money and resources. Two, it is racist. The biggest group of "illegals" are British tourists who overstay their visas and work illegally. But they look and sound "normal" and no-one notices them.

Even stupider than madatory detention was the decision to intercept the boats (using the SAS in one example) in international waters and transport the refugees to places like Nauru, put them in camps there and demand UNHCR solve the problem.

As for Aboriginal land, why don't you google the word Mabo and see what you find.

This is a two-sided mirror, why don't you do a little searching to see how I feel about the attitudes of my country? Try looking for racist, mob, violence and Sydney.

By the way, what happened to "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses"?

When did Americans become so selfish?



posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hello Guys
As I wished to post yesterday but...
We Finally Made It as some who have read this post may know I have had trouble getting my husband in here.
But now he is comeing legally he can work pay taxes and contribute legally.
This has taken a year and almost $100.000, a very good investment from our view point, but ironically sad that one can cross the southern bourder for $ 2.000-.

I will not sieze a chance to alter our present illigal imigrant conditions.

HOWLRUNNER Let me tell you a little tale. I am entitled to according to international law to clame the land taken from my Father by the Russian invasion in Hungary in 1957. Do I wish to do this, no.

My G.G. Grandfather was driven from Libiya almost 200 years ago by the Muslims, becuase he was Orthodox, should I reclame my land?

My Mothers homeland consisted of all the Scandinavian countries less than three centuries ago, should I battle them?
The Vikings, proveably Danish, siezed Ireland long before that, should I clame the Emerald Isle(wish I could
they have grand pubs and fine men)

Sweet heart, we are fighting a battle against extreme poverty in our country, more are recieving less, the illigal immigrants are a political scheme, a way to freeze our wages. We are a nation of "strangers" we are not as ignorant as we were in th '60's, we would just like to rebuild ourself. We are the poor. Take a trip over here, take a walk in down town Chicago. That will humble you, miss.

Wish Us Good Luck Guys
Wis
Bad Spelling, Sorry



posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Howl, we arent all selfish...

Its a farce. Immigration is a joke that the powers that be have blown out of proportion economically so we have someone else to blame for our grumbling stomachs.
Not to say we are literally going hungry (what a joke), but you know what I mean. Illegal immigration is not the reason your hospitals cost too much, or your schools suck, or your ghettos are violent, or you cant find a job. Thats the "mans" fault and he is feeding this illegal immigrant story so you will stand up for this, rather than human rights.
Build your wall, or fence, so Uncle Sam can rape you and the rest of the world and you can find someone else to blame for all the problems.



posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
HOWLRUNNER Let me tell you a little tale. I am entitled to according to international law to clame the land taken from my Father by the Russian invasion in Hungary in 1957. Do I wish to do this, no.

My G.G. Grandfather was driven from Libiya almost 200 years ago by the Muslims, becuase he was Orthodox, should I reclame my land?

My Mothers homeland consisted of all the Scandinavian countries less than three centuries ago, should I battle them?
The Vikings, proveably Danish, siezed Ireland long before that, should I clame the Emerald Isle(wish I could
they have grand pubs and fine men)


Hmm, my history is English, I'm sure if I track it back far enough I can find that I need to sue the French (Normans) for dispossessing my ancestors. Or perhaps the Danes, Angles, Saxons and Jutes before them. Or maybe it was the Romans. That's it, I'll sue Berlusconi.

We're talking here about the fact that a nation founded on illegal immigration is now taking offence (or is that a fence?) at others following their example.

The fact is the western world is secure and comfortable and sees no reason to share any of that security or comfort.





new topics

top topics



 
1
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

log in

join