It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico retaliates for US wall. What?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 33degreesknight

Originally posted by bpletcj

Originally posted by Conquistadork
Considering the land was theirs and we forcefully took it from them you can't neccessarily deny them the right to return to what was originally theres.

If you use that logic all us Americans should go back to were our ancestors came from and give the land back to the Native Americans, and Mexicans.

But why stop there, once we relocate to where they came from pre discovery of the new world, lets move them once again to were the lines were drawn up before the Romans concurred most of the known world back 1500 years ago.

Lets not stop there and give back the middle east back to the Egyptians before that was concurred by the Arabs.

Lets go a step further and give it back to the Jewish people before that.

Where do we draw the line and stop giving back. What happened in the past is just that.

Our entire human history is based on conquest. We would all be living in caves and mud huts if not for expansion. And sorry to say the strongest, smartest and most devise people are the ones that came out owning the land. As terrible as it is that is how the world works, so Mexico can not say they have a right to move back to the US just because several hundred years ago the lived here.

If they want the territory back then they need to invade and try and take it back.

I generally don't get involved in debates like this but how long is the politically correct machine going to keep rolling.

They have their country and we have ours, If they want to move here do it legally like my ancestors did it.

so you agree with me that america should stop 'liberating' other countries, ie giving back Israel to the jews only 50 years ago even though they hadnt lived there for Thousands of years, haha and the indians were only in 'your' country 200 years ago

[edit on 23-12-2005 by 33degreesknight]

Well, considering it was the British who gave the land to the Jews, I don't see what your point is.

And thanks to the people actually engaging in the point to this thread, I like the idea of fining those who allow this to happen!

[edit on 23/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

so you agree with me that america should stop 'liberating' other countries, ie giving back Israel to the jews only 50 years ago even though they hadnt lived there for Thousands of years, haha and the indians were only in 'your' country 200 years ago

You know what, I am fed up this, if you want to discuss US foreign policy go do so in another thread, furthermore if you want to discuss anything other than what the topic states I suggest you also do that in another thread. We are living in 2005, as such, it is fruitless to talk about the past since we cannot do anything about it. What is important and relevant it that currently the law forbids illegal entry into the US, if you what to discuss that, you are more then welcomed to so.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So what if they are taking the jobs no one else wants. They are also destroying working class America.

I get so sick of hearing we owe people because what our ancestors did to them. That was THEN. We had no control over it and owe nobody anything.

I am neither a racist, a hate monger or a vigilante However I am a concerned American

What is being allowed to happen is a travesty and if not pulled within check NOW will be the undoing of America. An invasion from within if you will.

They are bankrupting America. Virtually every tax payer funded program has and or will be bankrupt..ie. hospitals, prisons school...... and on and on.
They like to come here and have an "anchor baby" each baby costs the American taxpayer $8,000, then each child they have costs the American taxpayer $7,000 per child a year. I won't even go into the prisons wich cost about $47,000 a year to keep behind bars. Btw, Americans paying these bills is a violation of the 14th amendment (don't believe me - look it up)

Soon we will be in a 3rd world quagmire with over population like China because they don't use birth control and slowly the entire family makes it out here. Right now there is a very liberal estimate of illegals at 20 million. If the rate of growth continues by 2030 we could have an estimated 200-600 million population. Where will the water come from? Where will the land come from? Where will the money to pay for the roads to be made and repaired? Most of them do not pay taxes.

They are bringing in 3rd world diseases that we haven't seen since the 1960's such as leprosy also known as Hansen's disease, hepatitis and tuberculosis. Is your child in public school? He or she may be sitting next to one of these infected kids. In fact, the east coast now has 11 clinics for these diseases open. A lot of the illegals work in restaurants and fast food. But if they have these diseases or get sick they don't seek treatment because they don't want to get caught.

They are destroying the middle class. A factory worker used to enjoy a working wage that was $16-18 per hour and benefits. Now because of cheap illegal alien labor they make between $6-8 an hour with no benefits.

I could go on and on but I won't.

How can we fix it?

Have all the illegals deported back to Mexico
Put a 10 year moratorium on LEGAL IMMIGRATION here.
Make English the official language - many of them are illiterate
Go to their countries now and give them birth control and food
Surround our boarders, - its not only Mexicans getting in.

In 1965 the USA would only allow 170,000 immigrants per year. Which worked out well because that is about how many left a year. Now its millions!!!!!!!!

America is being invaded right under our nose. The government knows but does nothing about it. In fact, Colorado's governor Bill Owens has a hand out telling them how to get free medical treatment and how to get jobs.

Every American should be as outraged as I am. There is something you can do about it go here www.alipac.us... Write the White House, write your congress person, but for God's sake do something NOW!

[edit on 23-12-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
MauiStacey I completely agree, I would give you a WATS but I don't have any more, anyway thank you for contributing to this thread and for helping us understand the scope of the problem. Once again thank you.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
MauiStacey, that has to be the best collection of ideas and representation of what the majority of us feel I have seen to date. I applaud you for this, and thank you for the time you took to write that up. I agree with you 110%, but as true as all of this is, It's still a shame that the majority of people will do nothing about it meanwhile they spout off about how much of a crime it is.

I myself will be taking the exact steps you suggested, and everyone should, a small voice can only get louder, unless we allow it to die out.

Again, I bow to you MauiStacey for a job well done!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
MauiStacey Hit the nail on the head

I am with Westpoint23 & Conquistadork as to thank You for putting in the time. That sould put this to bed. You did get my WATS MauiStacey
And that's from a Native American with a Wife that is from Mexico who come over the wright way.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow! thanks guys. This is something I have been passionate about for the past couple of years.

I'm not against immigration..I'm against it being done illegally and what it is doing to America and the working family. It is a bigger problem than most people can imagine with far reaching consequences.

In the long run it is all about the vote and corporate greed.

I'm all for the American dream. But left unchecked as it has been so far... in 10-20 years there will be no American dream for the average working class family. Our standard of living has already decreased in the past 3-4 years.

The link I posted above does not work. Here is a corrected one.

www.alipac.us...

Take a stand and make a difference.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 33degreesknight
well that didn't seem to matter that the jews hadn't been living in israel for 2000 years, you 'americans' kicked out the residents on 50 years ago!

What does Israel have to do with illegal immigration on the border with Mexico? It seems you really are grasping for straws here. You know you could always make your own thread about foreign policy instead of hijacking this one

past: israel???? haha you need to get some 'facts' on life

You know I had a hard time trying to figure out what your point was as you didnt use the quote function so this was the best I could piece of your last sentence and I'm still wondering what you meant.

[edit on 12/23/2005 by Agent47]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I vote for Amexico by 2015! We f**kin stole this land in the first place. Unless you believe in "world conquest" you can't possibly deny any human being entry anywhere on the planet, much less the US. Give everyone a fair shot. They only "steal" your job because they work harder for a lesser wage. When you appreciate what you have, you put forth a lot more effort for it. The problem is most poor/middle class americans are lazy crybabies. You are fighting the wrong enemy. They arent stealing your jobs. You dont make any real money anyway. There are hundeds of CEOs that make your yearly salary over their lunch break. Where the economic ladder is so skewed towards the rich, how can you possibly whine about a $7.00/hr job under the table cleaning barnyards and washing your dishes? Our problems are not racist ones, they are classist ones. We are all rats on the same sinking ship...
This is the very reason we have our issues in the Mid-East, and we definately dont need to create a new enemy next door.
ONE LOVE

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
They only "steal" your job because they work harder for a lesser wage. When you appreciate what you have, you put forth a lot more effort for it. The problem is most poor/middle class americans are lazy crybabies. You are fighting the wrong enemy. They arent stealing your jobs.

Have you been reading the majority of the posts in this thread? The prevailing opinion isn't "they stole our jobs" its "the leech off this country without giving anything back." Please give the "they work crappy jobs so lets put up with them" philosophy to a rest. I'd appreciate the jobs they do if they paid taxes and didn't add to our increasing national debt. One love that.

[edit on 12/23/2005 by Agent47]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Cowards build walls.

The USSR proved that, then grew up and tore it down.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Cowards build walls.

Cowards post weak one liners that don't really apply to the thread if you read it.

This thread isn't about racism its about solving a problem.

Oh and just a little FYI it was the East Germans who tore down the wall. Crack open a history book, their excellent

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but we do need to and should build a wall, or anything to keep these people from illegally entering our country. It has nothing to do with racism. These people enter our country, don't bother becoming citizen's, get on every program they can (abuse the system), don't pay tax's, send they're money home where it's worth more. They come here illegally, steal our job's while american CITIZEN'S go homeless because companies would rather pay the immigrant's less money then anything else.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You have voted Agent47 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Everyone with a misunderstanding of the situation...you've set straight.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Considering the land was theirs and we forcefully took it from them you can't neccessarily deny them the right to return to what was originally theres.

I’m no scholar but didn’t Mexico attack the USA over a dispute with Texas? Wasn’t that territory acquired during war? And aren’t most Mexicans decedents of Spanish conquerors who conquered the Aztecs? You see where I am going with this?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1

I’m no scholar but didn’t Mexico attack the USA over a dispute with Texas? Wasn’t that territory acquired during war? And aren’t most Mexicans decedents of Spanish conquerors who conquered the Aztecs? You see where I am going with this?

Texans began farming on Mexican lands. Texans shot at Mexicans who were trying to get them to go away. Texans killed Mexicans and claimed it was their right to farm on foreign soil. Mexican Army killed Texans, and suddenly they're the boogyman. Texans call upon the US army to defend them, because at the time Texans considered themselves an independent republic which willingly and lawfully obeyed US law and power. US Army smashes Mexicans, and we force them to "sell" us their land or risk the danger of further military action.

My short summation of the Mexican-American war. Not 100% accurate, but good enough in my opinion. Which I think we've all established has no place in this thread, as the problem is here and now, not one hundred years and fifty years ago.

[edit on 23/12/05 by Conquistadork]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ok......... That was the past!! This is the NOW ! I am a Native American, I am over what happed in the past. WE live in the now. My wife is with me on this one to by the way.

The ATS Daily Dose of Racism...

Cowards build walls.

Walls are in your home, around your houses, in your car!
Don't get Me started on the Racism
. People that start that are 9 times out of 10 with ones with Racism.

SORRY If I am getting hot on this one but it hits close to home with all if it.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous

Ok......... That was the past!! This is the NOW ! I am a Native American, I am over what happed in the past. WE live in the now. My wife is with me on this one to by the way.

The ATS Daily Dose of Racism...

Cowards build walls.

Walls are in your home, around your houses, in your car!
Don't get Me started on the Racism
. People that start that are 9 times out of 10 with ones with Racism.

SORRY If I am getting hot on this one but it hits close to home with all if it.

Not that I was condoning building a wall, but what do you suggest? This is obviously a problem that needs to be dealt with. The Mexican government is crying foul because a lot of the money that illegal immigrants make in the USA trickles back into the Mexican economy, which is why they hand out pamphlets telling their citizens how to illegally cross the border.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
CogitoErgoSum1
It's a hard road here. You can walk from Mexico right into the USA. I would do the same thing to get food for my kids and to make a home to live in.
They know the worst thing that is going to happen is they can not drank beer on the way home if they are picked up.

I think a 20 foot fences with High Voltage and very low amps would do nice. We need to get someone in office that is for the people and not for the rich. It's the people that give them the job without a Tax Number that we need to put in jail!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Will one of the GREAT MODS please take this post out.

I hit Quote on my last post and not the Edit

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join