It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpreting Bush's speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"We did the right thing by getting Saddam" :

It was right to remove Saddam Hussein from power. He was given an ultimatum, which we heavily anticipated he would defy, and he gave us our coveted war. And the result of that war was to fill the pockets of my corporate cronies. It also resulted in the eradication of a murderous dictator who menaced his people and invaded sovereign nations. Now don't get confused; I was talking about Saddam, not myself. Saddam Hussein, captured, jailed and dethroned is still the same raging tyrant. His power to harm a single man, woman, or child is gone forever. Fortunately for those rooting for the forces of malevolence, I wield far more power than Saddam could have imagined, and am a far bigger threat to humanity than Saddam was in his wildest fantasies.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
... and with this war allows me the ability to propagate fear and paranoia from a true tragedy. As long as I hide behind the threat of more terrorist activity, which those nasty investigations have shown that I have done really very little to prevent, I can break federal laws, make up new laws on a whim, and not be accountable for anything at all."

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am really beginning to wonder if this is a conspiricy-related web site, or just a second-rate pseudo-blog for the disenchanted and malcontented.......

G.W. Bush's words don't need any "interptreting". His words are simple enough to understand, given his colloquial southern-speak, and his thoughts are fairly one dimentional.

If your analysis was an attempt at humor, then perhaps you should be posting in BTS.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would think it is closer to a tongue in cheek commentary with an underlying reflection on current events.

If it is a primarily negative view of Bush and his activities of the last several years then I am open to opposing views, debates and commentary to his methods. This may actually evolve into a meaningful debate where new information could come out.

Sadly, as I have seen in the last year or two of being on here in one form or another, few of those who actively post are capable of change of opinion regardless of the potential mountains of evidence against their views.

In my personal opinion this is due to a combination of stubborn blind ideals, pigheadedness, and occasional apparent mental illness of some of the ATS members.

I applauded those few posters who have been willing to admit that under the effects of new or different information they are willing to admit they were wrong.

So lets see where this could go.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If I was president, I would just say, "Might is Right Biatch! So suck my back..."

Though Bush would be a better leader than I. The only things that I see as him doign wrong, is he hasn't done all he could. If Bush was as bad of a man as you all delcare him as, he would have closed the blinds to the protestors, Ordered an evacuation of Iraq. Only certain people area aloud out... Such as... Well, people who aren't terrorists (Those would be his words) Then say, "Hey, you want your country that baddly? Here you go." give them full reign of their country. Then Nuke it to hell. Bwuuhahahaha!

Sorry, I'm bored, but I saw no harm to adding my own irrelevance to the thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
I am really beginning to wonder if this is a conspiricy-related web site, or just a second-rate pseudo-blog for the disenchanted and malcontented.......

G.W. Bush's words don't need any "interptreting". His words are simple enough to understand, given his colloquial southern-speak, and his thoughts are fairly one dimentional.

If your analysis was an attempt at humor, then perhaps you should be posting in BTS.

I'd have to go with BTS for this thread... Or at least Slug Fest.

You have to understand there are malcontents out there just looking to stir the pot. Most people call them trolls. Trolls usually have nothing of value to say and want nothing more then to anger or upset other members of this site. It's usually best to just let them sit under the bridge and ignore them.

It really does kind of bother me that I'm not allowed to tag this thread as "bush bashing." Am I the only one who sees this as a "bush bashing" thread? I don't even think the original poster would describe this as anything less.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No, no trolling here. Just an opinion of value that ends up in BTS, i suppose it could have ended up in the trash bin-

So thanks mods

Yes, its so untrue and so silly that we get to make funny faces

There- isnt that fun?

This is all the result of my paranoia and delussions. Thought i was sane?
WRONG!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I thought it was funny and close enough to the truth
... is that why the bush lovers get mad when someone posts something they find offensive ?

If U have something negative to say about the post or the author just don't reply.

I would respect him more if he did came out with something like this instead of the BS that spews out his mouth. All in all I'm tired of his speeches really.

new topics

top topics

join