It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do medical suppliers want a cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am a diabetic and I spend (along with my insurance) a heck of alot of money on supplies for my insulin pump which basically keeps me alive. I know there are companies that do lots of research on finding a cure for diabetes and they say a cure is "very close". But I was thinking and maybe they arent trying to make a cure because companies are making so much money on the supplies that keep diabetics like me alive. Maybe there is already a cure and they haven't released it yet too keep these corporations alive and making money.

I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this situation exists or if it doesn't, is it possible that it could exist?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The medical companies & drug companies of the Us, do NOT want to make a "cure" for any of the diseases, or illnesses out in the World.

While I am not a doctor, I know for a fact, that many forms of diabetes can be regulated by a strict diet, lessening your protion size, reducing to eliminating your salt intake, & some proper exercise. I know a few people who did this, & all result will very of course. Also, one of them had to stop drinking alcohol altogether.

I highly suggest you use the Internet to do as much research as you possibly can, & make your own informed opinion about what you want to do.

The medical & drug corporations, want to sell you drugs, for the rest of your life. There are natural cures out there, that you don't need a prescription for either.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say, I agree. And hearing/knowing this can't be easy for U being a diabetic, my little brother is also.

It is true that they want U to be sick so U have to buy their medicines that actually will just treat U, there will never be a cure for aids, cancer's or diabetes etc ...

I don't trust any pharmaceutical drug, the only thing I take is penicillin when absolutely necessary, I have a paranoia that the drugs just make U sicker. While U take something for one ailment U get sick from the drugs U take for that in another area of your body.

Likely ? yes but probably is just in my head

I am hardly ever sick tho *knocks on wood*

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A cure would not be in the best interests for corporate development.
The pharmaceutical companies are in business to make money for their owners and that is their bottom line. I wish it was different, it may have been in the past but I may be thinking to idealistically. I cannot really think of a disease that has been cured by pharmacology, please prove me wrong.

The last medicine that actually cured anything has been penicillin. After that most pharmacology has been developed to control symptoms. Other forms of medicine may cure like surgery to remove tumors, or correct problems of malformation. The use of stem sells, sorry cells, to produce elements lacking in human systems is another form of controversial medicine, not pharmacology based, they may actually cure something.

Drug companies need people dependent on their products, not healthy people who don't need their products.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Doctors have to prescribe the drugs that are manufacture by drug companies.

Government agencies have to approve the drugs before doctors can prescribe them.

There are a lot of people involved in the legal drug trade, doctors, pharmacist, government agencies and hundreds of non-profits that raise millions to do research for every illness imaginable.

There are two lucrative industries with endless opportunity for growth, gambling, and healthcare.

Demand creates supply.

The healthcare industry is experiencing unprecedented expansion

Mainly because a large percentage of Americans are hypochondriacs

In the old days the snake oil salesmen knew that about people and they made fortunes, the drug companies and the pushers (doctors) know it today and they are making fortunes.

A hypochondriac is born every minute

Proper diet and regular exercise cures most ailments and keeps them from happening in the first place. But that requires discipline and common sense.

Therefore drug stocks are not a gamble and will continue to be good investments.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm fine with paying money and using the supplies I pay for. A cure would be nicer though. I mainly want to know if anyone knows of there being cures that are withheld from the public, not just for diabetics. The only reason I threw in the fact that I'm a diabetic was just for a scenario. Im just interested in the main idea of cures not being released for economic purposes.
Thanks for the replies. Ill continue to research it.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
So is what you said at the start true:

I know there are companies that do lots of research on finding a cure for diabetes and they say a cure is "very close".
[/qoute]
Is there a "cure" for diabetes being developed or not? If so what is it?

My question is: if the companies don't want a cure for diabetes coming out then why the hell are they developing them? They are under no obligation to develop anything, as they are only interested in making money (like all companies). Though in fact any company that came up with a cure would make a lot of money, perhaps at the expense of companies that make treatments (remember they are in competition with each other).

I'm not really sure I understand your reasoning......

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
quote - "I mainly want to know if anyone knows of there being cures that are withheld from the public, not just for diabetics."

No.

Medicine is not a "Monopoly". And there are People all over the world searching for cures of various diseases.

The person for Exp. Who can "kill" the common cold. Would Be Rich. Of Course, They would have to kill the million different Virus combinations that Cause the common cold.

(please note:
Most of the posters it seems on this Medical Conspiracy Board Provide simple solutions for truly Complex answers. With thier 20.00$\month Internet connection, They can cure all the diseases in the World. While We in the medical community, Waste millions of Dollars on Fraudulent research.)

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Wow alot of ignorance in this thread about the medical industry.(and about business in general) but NEway...

For Diabetes there are a couple of new devices on the market that will free you from shots forever. They are not a cure but one of them is getting close.

The first is a Puffer that is well just fricken huge lol. The other is an Implant, and that is where the cure may well come from. Eventually Implants will get to the point where it will prompt your own body to medicate itself rather then being dependant on insulin doses wether they come from an implant/shot/needle sort of like a pacemaker(which they now have for Parkinsons disease and are thinking of figuring ways out to bypass some pathways to stave of Alzheimers).

One of my family members just recieved the Insulin Implant and it has made her life immesurably more pleasant. It cost 8 grand as it wasn't insured but I'm sure as the technology matures the prices will come down, and lets face it with how fat N. America is becoming Diabetes will become a pandemic and heading it off early will be a priority for governments that have to foot the bill(like mine
though not implants yet .... )

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
bsharp89 :-)

It must be an annoying condition to manage.

I'm beginning to understand how important vitamins and essential nutrients can
be rather than them just being 'supplements', if you understand how the cell works,
in this case pancreatic cells.

See www4.dr-rath-foundation.org...

There's a bunch of scientific studies linked at the end there for anyone who thinks
this guy is making this up.

djbarney

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I sure do relate to this. I am diabetic and take 2 insulin shots a day.
I had a family dr that I had been seeing for 8 yrs.
When I became a diabetic he didn't know one thing about diabetes BUT he expanded his practice to just specialize in diabetes.
I went to a diabetic class he had at his office that lasted one whole hour and didn't tell me one thing I didn't already know about this disease. The class was packed with at least 50 people!
I wonder how much the insurance companies paid him for each one of these people being there.
My dr figured out that he had more diabetic patients than any other and that he could really make some money off of them.
He remodeled his office with marble floors and much more when before it was just a plain brick building!
Needless to say he is NOT my dr anymore.
I'm starting to rebel against ALL drs and medicines that they give me.
There HAS to be a better way...

[edit on 21-12-2005 by MagicaRose]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cures? what for? So you wont need your Dr., the pharmaceutical companies will go bankrupt?
Alopathy, unfortunately, is here to treat symptoms. Its not here to cure anyone.
Sure, once every 100 years some vaccine comes out which eradicates a decease, but thats after thousands or millions have died.

The technology is out there, its just not used. Gots to keep that big $$$$ coming.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Actually, they do want cures.

Remember, many of THEM suffer from the same diseases, as do their family members. I don' t think there's any diabetic in the world who doesn't want to be free of the condition... including those who work for the drug companies and those scientists who have it who are doing research for the drug companies.

They've got quite a stake in your living longer. Remember that "drugs" also usually include cosmetics and topical medicines (like aspirin and sports injury creams and so forth) -- a huge industry worldwide. If you're ill, you don't use these things and in fact may die at a much earlier age (and they've lost a customer.)

So, economically it makes more sense for them to help you live longer so you can be a long-term customer for things like vitamin supplements and cosmetics.

Yes, there's inefficiencies and outrageous costs for many drugs -- which is why they have a time limit on their patents. After awhile, these become public domain and anyone can access the formula to make the same drugs. You could, if you cared to, make your own aspirin (as an example) for your own headache remedies.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Drug companies do not want to cure diseases and do not have any drugs that cure diseases. But there are natural cures for a lot of diseases. There is a book called "Natural Cures They Don't Wont You To Know About` By Kevin Trudeau. It has in it a lot of natural cures for diseases that the drug companies aren`t telling use about. If they did they would loose money. If everyone started taking the natural cures for there diseases the drug companies would go bankrupt. It all about the money with the drug companies.

Here is a link to a website on the book which also includes a video:

www.shopnorthern.com...

[edit on 21-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the people who have found cures have been gagged ordered and their funding pulled by the government. it happens all of the time

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
also, compare the price of vitamins and cosmetics to the cost of a steroid or pain killer. there is no comparison. i think they would rather sell the steroid or pain killer, not the vitamin.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If they were to create cures for diseases in the form of a drug and people started taking the drugs people would be cured. And when everyone is cured drugs will quite being sold and the drug companies will quite making money and will go out of bussiness. If they loose money and go out of bussiness I don't see a reason why they would want to cure disease. Which is why they keep saying that they are getting closer and closer to a cure but never actualy get there.

[edit on 22-12-2005 by The_Truth_Seeker]

top topics

join