It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica was Atlantis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by triptrippington
Wow Wu!
Once again, SCADS of great info!
I especially like this reference: But getting in line with what was stated earlier, spiritualy, we are consistantly in (what's refered to in hinduism) as the kali yuga, the age of anhiliation; which lasts for something like 250,000 years (give or take a few).

The Vishnu Purana, one of the oldest sacred texts of India says about the Kali Yuga, "The leaders who rule over the Earth will be violent and seize the goods of their subjects... Those with possessions will abandon agriculture and commerce and will live as servants, that is, following various possessions. The leaders, with the excuses of fiscal need, will rob and despoil their subjects and take away private property. Moral values and the rule of the law will lessen from day to day until the world will be completely perverted and agnosticism will gain the day among men."
Yeah, you have a point. The Kali Yuga description does seem to fit. As for Atlantis, Mu, Lemuria, etc., as was mentioned earlier, earth's history is lengthy enough to permit many previous world cultures. The Antarctica/Atlantis theory works for me. I am a firm believer that Santorini was NOT what Plato meant. He was not likely to be so far off, ie. 9000 vs. 900 years, etc. Plus, when you look at the globe from above Antarctica, the worlds oceans blend into one great ocean, as per Plato.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Look people,
I'm only going to say this once (so listen up).
NOBODY KNOWS FOR SURE!
Plato this...
Discovery Channel that...
Blah blah blah...
Seriously, we can debate this until the cows come home (by the way, what the hell does that mean anyway..?), but unless you were there, you don't really know.
Ya dig?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
They found some sort of beacon under the ice cap in what I believe is the russian sector. Strange activity happens at the south pole, not just the North so keep that in mind.

www.crawford2000.co.uk...
www.crawford2000.co.uk...
www.apollonius.net...
www.flem-ath.com...
paranormal.about.com...
www.andrewcollins.com...
atlantis.haktanir.org... (great map)
www.paranormalnews.com...
www.talkorigins.org...

A few links that will help you on your way of finding the truth

[edit on 15-6-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If you do a search for Lake Vostok, Antarctica, you will find many links to sites about the ongoing drilling, secretive research, and theories about what they are doing there. There is a picture of what appears to be an antenna like thing at the bottom of the lake, but it may be just a plant that is very uniform.
The NSA allegedly stopped a plan to take pictures of the Lake from satellites, and the reason for that is not clear.
Neither is the motive for the drilling, which is going on 24/7 from what I read.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is entirley possible. It seems to me however if it were true then Rand Am-Fleth has got the best explination. If there N. Hudson bay was the north pole as little as 12,000 years ago then, that would without a doubt leave at least some of Antiartica ice free. The truth is though, without getting religon involved we dont know where our civilizations came from. The main point of The Atlantis Blueprint however is that it seems most came from a common pool of knowledge.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere about how the area around Azore islands in the mid atlantic ocean having large earthquakes and sailors mentioning muddy unpassable waters...

Maybe ANtarctica slid all the way down from that position in mid atlantic somehow?...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The Vishnu Purana, one of the oldest sacred texts of India says about the Kali Yuga, "The leaders who rule over the Earth will be violent and seize the goods of their subjects... Those with possessions will abandon agriculture and commerce and will live as servants, that is, following various possessions. The leaders, with the excuses of fiscal need, will rob and despoil their subjects and take away private property. Moral values and the rule of the law will lessen from day to day until the world will be completely perverted and agnosticism will gain the day among men."

LOL sounds like modern day corporations and the privitizing of all our basic needs like health care...scary!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
yes the purana and the bhargavard gita, and most of the vedic sacred texts tell us about the cycles of the yugas. what happened to atlantis, lemuria,babylon and all these other amazing cultures, is happenning to us now, but we are in the kali yuga my friends! tune your minds.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jangaboo
I remember reading somewhere about how the area around Azore islands in the mid atlantic ocean having large earthquakes and sailors mentioning muddy unpassable waters...

Maybe ANtarctica slid all the way down from that position in mid atlantic somehow?...

Sorry, but plate tectonics doesn't work that way, or that fast. The shape of the continents shows that Anctartica used to be joined to Australia and India, before the great break-up tens of millions of years ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sumerian tablets document Annunaki (Thoth & Co) activity on this planet going back 400 000 years, this is a fact. These records go into great detail as to how regions were allocated & controlled by these individuals and do not mention an advanced island civilization which would have been a by product of their activities. Secondly, Plato was a philosopher not a historian why would none of the ancient greek HISTORIANS mention this alledged civilization. Plato was an ardent follower of alchemical studies and I believe the myth he prepetuated relates in code to alchemical protocols which would only make sense to followers of this doctrine.

canonfodder here we go:-)

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmall
Sumerian tablets document Annunaki (Thoth & Co) activity on this planet going back 400 000 years, this is a fact. These records go into great detail as to how regions were allocated & controlled by these individuals and do not mention an advanced island civilization which would have been a by product of their activities.

I must agree with your conclusion, but I ardently disagree with the way you arrived at it!

This is the first time I have ever heard of somebody using one fraudulent claim to debunk another fraudulent claim!

I guess the old adage about the blind squirrel really does apply here!

Harte

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

This is the first time I have ever heard of somebody using one fraudulent claim to debunk another fraudulent claim!

Harte

What do you mean by that? Are you refering to sumerians tablets as fraudulent?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

What do you mean by that? Are you refering to sumerians tablets as fraudulent?

Let's just say that Sitchin's 'unique' interpretation of them differs somewhat from that of any genuine Sumerian scholar

It's only fraudulent if you consider his books as genuine history rather than sci-fi fantasy

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Stitchin's interpretations are considered partialy incorrect and not totally inacurate. Actually I would say scholars don't agree with few of his interpretations.
Anyhow I don't think this is enough to mark somebody as fraudulent. Where is writen that when somebody (scholar) comes up with a new theory or interpretation is a fraud and a hoaxer? What qualification have you as a person to call a scholar as fraudulent? Are you a excpert in ancient writings and languages? (I'm refering to Harte) I can't believe how easy is for some people to nickname a scholar as fraudulent only because he doesn't think the same as the crowd. Doesn't thing within the boundaries of the orthodox science , which apparently makes him a heretic, a lunatic, hoaxer and a fraud :p

PATHETIC !!!

p.s. Sometimes with some users here is like their only goal for being in this board is to destroy every thread and to discredit everybody (even when they don't have the minimum qualification to do that)

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Telos]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Stitchin's interpretations are considered partialy incorrect and not totally inacurate. Actually I would say scholars don't agree with few of his interpretations.
Anyhow I don't think this is enough to mark somebody as fraudulent. Where is writen that when somebody (scholar) comes up with a new theory or interpretation is a fraud and a hoaxer? What qualification have you as a person to call a scholar as fraudulent? Are you a excpert in ancient writings and languages? (I'm refering to Harte) I can't believe how easy is for some people to nickname a scholar as fraudulent only because he doesn't think the same as the crowd. Doesn't thing within the boundaries of the orthodox science , which apparently makes him a heretic, a lunatic, hoaxer and a fraud :p

this guy comes to mind...
Galileo Galilei
1564 - 1642

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I did not mention Sitchin as a reference in my theory, these tablets were discovered over a century ago. The Enuma Elish for example was translated by LW King in 1907, the Epic of Gilgamesh by George Smith in 1870, if Sitchin is your prime source for this discussion you obviously have alot of spadework still to do buddy.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This really is interesting, I have to subscribe so I can go over it at a later time.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Anyhow I don't think this is enough to mark somebody as fraudulent.

Sitchin, although asked on numerous occcasions, has yet to even let us know of his own qualifications for even reading cuneiform.
There is no scholar of Sumerian culture anywhere on this planet that would go as far as to say even that Sitchen is "partially correct."

The fact is, Sitchen takes other people's translations of these tablets and twists them into fantasy stories that he can sell to the uninitiated. Sitchen himself has never demonstrated that he can read cuneiform, and he refuses to so demonstrate the ability even to this day. Hence, Sitchen cannot possibly be "correct" in translating anything, and in his fabrications of Sumerian mythology he adds pieces that other actual experts say are not there. For example, according to Sitchen, the Sumerians had a word that translates as "rocket." How could a person that cannot translate cuneiform (or, at least, won't show us why we should believe he can translate cuneiform) possibly say such a thing with a straight face?

Where is writen that when somebody (scholar) comes up with a new theory or interpretation is a fraud and a hoaxer? What qualification have you as a person to call a scholar as fraudulent? Are you a excpert in ancient writings and languages? (I'm refering to Harte)

No, but I've made myself an expert on Sitchen and his ilk. You know, the fraudulent hoaxers like Sitchen, vonDaniken, Hancock, Cremo, Icke etc.

BTW, this person you keep referring to as a "scholar." Surely you don't mean Sitchen? He holds one degree -and that is in economics history.

Originally posted by Telos I can't believe how easy is for some people to nickname a scholar as fraudulent only because he doesn't think the same as the crowd. Doesn't thing within the boundaries of the orthodox science , which apparently makes him a heretic, a lunatic, hoaxer and a fraud :p

PATHETIC !!!

No, what's "PATHETIC" are the scads of mouthbreathers following Sitchen et al. around all starry-eyed, fooling themselves into a world of fantasy while simultaneously completely dismissing the very important, and extremely difficult, work of the real scholars in this field, people upon whose work Sitchen's fairy tales are based.

Originally posted by Telosp.s. Sometimes with some users here is like their only goal for being in this board is to destroy every thread and to discredit everybody (even when they don't have the minimum qualification to do that)

If you believe in Sitchen, then you don't have the minimum qualifications to shine my shoes, IMO.
In fact, it is you and others that are trying to "destroy" this thread. Sitchen's fiction has nothing at all to do with Atlantis, nor does it involve Antarctica.

Originally posted by gmallI did not mention Sitchin as a reference in my theory, these tablets were discovered over a century ago. The Enuma Elish for example was translated by LW King in 1907, the Epic of Gilgamesh by George Smith in 1870, if Sitchin is your prime source for this discussion you obviously have alot of spadework still to do buddy.

You didn't have to mention Sitchen's name, you enunciated his pseudohistory.

Sumerian tablets document Annunaki (Thoth & Co) activity on this planet going back 400 000 years, this is a fact. These records go into great detail as to how regions were allocated & controlled by these individuals and do not mention an advanced island civilization which would have been a by product of their activities.

Above you say "...this is a fact." In fact "this" is not "a fact." Far from it. It is a fantasy concocted by Sitchen and is not supported by any Sumerian or Akkadian or Babylonian text ever found to date.

You can find these translations you mention at Sacred texts.com. Check them out for yourself if you don't believe me. I already have.

Some info on Sitchen from my "favorites" file:
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

www.lauralee.com...

jcolavito.tripod.com...

skepdic.com...

www.ramtops.co.uk...

www.ianlawton.com...

www.ianlawton.com...

www.ianlawton.com...

The first link above takes you to a website set up by a person that actually is a scholar of ancient languages. It's an extremely large site and gives a multitude of examples of Sitchen mischaracterizing facts, and in some cases outright lying.

Many of these links came from Doug's Archaeology Site, an excellent addition to anyone's favorites folder.

Also, some links came from Ian Lawton's Mesopotamian website.

Both of those sites might have more on Sitchen and his fraudulent pseudoscience.

As long as I'm linking, I want to provide a couple more pointers to where one might find the truth about Sitchen, if one were so inclined, that is:

The Hall of Ma'at

Pseudocience link page at the Antiquity of Man website

Those two pages together amass several decades worth of information and scholarly papers regarding the current batch of pseudoscientists. Sitchen is among them.

Harte

[edit on 7/31/2006 by Harte]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
atlantis is in the atlantic ocean.

www.greatdreams.com...
look at the atlantis fracture zone.

Now we need facts about the location of atlantis.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ok, lets forget about stichin for a second and do this. actually look at the sumerian model of the solar system. it shows all of the planets plus one. pluto wasnt first photgraphed until 1915 and wasnt discovered till 1930. how did the sumeriens have pluto in their model of the solar sytem? lucky guess?

you don't have to be a scholar to look at a model and count the solar entities.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join