It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada the 'Retarded Cousin' of the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Now now, the Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occassions!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I may be willing to take partial responsibility for Adams and Morissette.

Celine is 100% Quebec's fault.

On the plus side, we did provide the world with such stars such as Stompin' Tom Connors and the Tragically Hip.

Hello out there we're on the air, it's hockey night tonite
Tension grows the whistle blows, and the puck goes down the ice.
The goalie jumps and the players bump and the fans all go insane
Someone roars "Bobby scores!" at the good ole hockey game

I never thought I would be able to work a Stompin' Tom song into a PTS post.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bah, Canada has produced some decent talent.

Even Jimi Hendrix lived here at one time.

But on topic, saying the United States does not need Canada is stupid at best.

Our daily trades are huge.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
intrepid you again have this angry post responding to my joke. Let me clarify this for you in very simple terms.

I WAS KIDDING

I love canada and think carlson's comments were not even funny.

I was, basically, stoking the coals for laughs. I didn't expect a native of the country that provided the world with so many of the funniest folks around to be so slow in seeing sarcasm and humor.
think I'm still serious, check the link for canadian comics

particle.physics.ucdavis.edu...

however, I will hold every goddam canadian responsible for Bryan Adams, Celine Dion and that morrisette chick. you have no excuses for that.

Again with the anger thingy. Check my post, see the
's? To get the sarcasm you need to use them.

As to the rest:

"I, as a loyal Canadian, do honestly apologize to the United States of America AND the rest of the world, for Dion, Morrisette and Adams. Our military has been stripped for so long that we were unable to take to task these individuals with nothing but hockey sticks and curling rocks. They collectively have more money(US$'s) than the government. They spent it all on a useless gun registry".

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

This is true, just as the opposite holds truth: Canada needs the US.
The problem is that the special and close relationship that Canada and the US share and have has been taking a beating by all the Canada and US bashing that has been increasingly been going on in political circles. For that special and close relationship to continue in full health, the national sniping being done by both sides needs to end, at least become more subtle than it currently is and has been in both Canadian and US political circles.

seekerof

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

This is true, just as the opposite holds truth: Canada needs the US.

who else is dumb enough to purchase all that canadian bacon thinking it is something other than ham?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
who else is dumb enough to purchase all that canadian bacon thinking it is something other than ham?

Now, THAT is funny.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have my moments.

sadly, I used the '05 humor card 8 months ago so that steaming pile of wit will have to count towards '06.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't forget maple syrup.

And hockey pucks / sticks.

And toques.

[edit on 21-12-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Dint forget maple syrup.

Aunt Jemima's canadian? She looks so turn of the century american racist symbol. I would have never known.

besides, my syrup is all flown in from Vermont and Upstate New York.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Born and raised (most of my life) in Saginaw, MI. I've never been to Canada, but it's always been an exotic place to me. Somewhere that you could hope to go if you ever made something of yourself. It surprises me to see Americans bashing Canada at all. My Dad saved up money for a few years just to go fishing in Canada for one week!
The U.S. and Canada are so close, we need each other, there isn't any way around that. I always assumed that the back and forth jokes were just that, jokes..... we both have a sense of humor, don't we?
My all time favorite movie is "Strange Brew", ever seen that? It kicks ass....lol
I still want to visit Canada someday, I hope they're not pissed off at us then. I didn't vote for Bush, he's not MY president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join