It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The respected Iranian President bans western music.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fear umer
And when it comes to wiping out Israel from the map,i think that should be done soon peacefully rather than violently.Dont forget there are not many Jews anyway that exist in this world and wars will decrease thier population to an extinct.

What??? This is definitely the all-time winner of "Stuck in Darwin's Waiting Room" award.

Incoming!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I cannot believe such a thing could happen. I thought that stuff went out with the old Soviet Union days.......

If someone does not like what they hear, then they can turn the dial to something that is more pleasing to them. That is freedom.

I am a professional musician and it makes me sad to think that a leader feels the need to make cultural choices for his people. It is insulting to the Iranian people's intelligence that they need to be "protected" from sound. I am sure the Iranian people are smart enough to make their own choices when it comes to their listening tastes.

While I don't like a lot of what is out there, sound does not know color, backround, creed, race or anything.... it simply goes into the ear of whoever is listening.... and then it moves the listener. (moves them to either keep listening or shut of the radio! : )

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I am still looking for any quote or logic from the President of Iran banning Western Music. It could have been an embargo, trade dispute, taxation or content. Since he is an elected President I would assume it is the will of his countrymen who elected him.LEGALCATALYST.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join