It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Fence United States Fence Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh absolutely, it's one thing for these groups to legally form a militia and defend the borders. It becomes illegal, and quite wrong in my opinion, to go over the border themselves, and essentially become an "illegal".

Believe me when I say that I have no prejudice against Mexicans, or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Will Alaska be fenced off as well?

Us Canucks are pretty sneaky, you know. We'll find a way in.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey Intrepid, do you think you could be President of the US and Prime Minister of Canada at the same time as these 2 jokers can't even come up with half a solution between them.

Your idea is the most logical of course, but logic doesn't seem to be a strong point for either one of these leaders.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I have to agree, a fence won't solve much, other than giving a minor barrier. If no one is there to watch it, then what is to stop someone from simply scaling it?

Razor wire or some good old fashioned electricity.

The fence is very feasible along the US/Mexican border, but it is not along the Canadian border.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was about to make a snarky comment but what's the point.
No fence, no where.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If there is no point in it, why even bring it up?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Will Halliburton get te build and maintainance contract? Maybe there is a purpose for the wall, to give 'em someting useless to build and make a pile of bank from. Where I am there is a section of steel wall about 20' high for about 2 miles on either side of the border crossing. That went up a couple years ago. After the steel wall ends, the 4 strand barbwire cattle fence begins.

In my area there's already 5 border patrol vehicles for every civilian vehicle rolling around at night, and to travel from one part of the state to another you have to go through checkpoints and show ID, kinda like a secondary border crossing. They've actually built the highway checkpoint about 30 miles north of the border. Funny though, i never see any illegals at the checkpoints, only border patrol giving normal folk a hard time. It seems the primary purpose of the checkpoints are to get people to carry their ID if they want access to areas north. The illegals and smugglers know where the checkpoints are and when they are manned (yes, during peak traffic hours they're manned, late nights and midday there's oftentimes nobody there) and they just take one of 10,000 back roads that law abiding folks would be inconvenienced by or go at night after someone drives up the road to see if it's clear.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Come on the mexican border is almost 2000 miles long thats basically the distance between New York City and Santa Fe. The Israeli border wall is 400 miles long for comparison purposes. They're not even in the same ball park.

Unless your willing to pull our soldiers from overseas and dedicate them entirely to patrolling the border a Sovietesque lockdown is impossible. Landmines are only effective if you have the resources to maintain them and nobody knows they're there. If left unattended in plain sight they're little more then a nuisance for determined smugglers. If there's nobody keeping watch from a machinegun tower there is nothing stopping them from defusing them or just detonating them in a controlled fashion.

Its just like the war on drugs as long as there is a demand the supply will be provided. Until the government loses its obsessession with being "business friendly" we will have an illegal problem in this country.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Contract those Aegis mercs as border patrol agents. Maybe that'll scare off the beaners.

[edit on 20/12/2005 by SwearBear]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join