It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to begin 12/21/05?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
so uhhh. im still here. are you?

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm still here. No one bet me any money either.

Oh well, maybe someone will take me up on a bet for the next rapture date. Maybe only 144,000 people were taken and they haven't been identified yet.

I think it's debateable if there will even be a rapture. I heard that many have it all wrong and that there will be 3 days of darkness instead of the rapture but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This thread has great potential to be a very interesting and creative debate on a worthy subject but the problem is each subject presented can carry a thread on it's own. Are we talking about the original subject proposed by the thread starter or are we doing the usual Divide and Conquer/ Orbo Ad Chao and nuking this thread? Please let's figure it out so we can get back to doing what we do best. Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm still here. No one bet me any money either.

Oh well, maybe someone will take me up on a bet for the next rapture date. Maybe only 144,000 people were taken and they haven't been identified yet.

I think it's debateable if there will even be a rapture. I heard that many have it all wrong and that there will be 3 days of darkness instead of the rapture but I guess that's a topic for another thread.

anychance of providing a link for those 3 days of darkness ? now if that did happen

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's the 22nd. I haven't heard of anyone disapearing and/or a covanent being made with Isreal. So yeah, I guess the original theory is shot down.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the RAPTURE is next year...wait and see!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
the RAPTURE is next year...wait and see!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don't think there is any need to be smart-aleky about it. The original poster already said he was just starting to look into this, and stumbled upon it, and never declared anything, but simply asked a question, for which he's mostly just gotten ridiculed for.

After reading all of the posts, I don't believe anyone actually claimed that they totally expected this to happen.

The topic was a springboard for the discussion of intermingling different prophesies from various cultures and their timelines.

Hopefully that was that the thread should have been about, and will continue to be.

And I don't remember who mentioned it, but I think the 144,000 Jewish remnant was what was supposed to be left/converted after the rapture (if indeed there is to be one) not the number of people who would be taken... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I don't intend to sound bullish about my opinions.

(Ahem, and if it does happen in 2006, I'll recant my belief that those who would arrogantly claim they have the only answer are fooling themselves, and eat all of my shoes in repentance...)

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucyStoner76

And I don't remember who mentioned it, but I think the 144,000 Jewish remnant was what was supposed to be left/converted after the rapture (if indeed there is to be one) not the number of people who would be taken... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I don't intend to sound bullish about my opinions.

WOW,you have just made my day...if you are right..about the 144,000...then my theory seems so much better.....this is what i think...when our alien forfathers return to earth in there motherships(4 angels) they will abduct(rapture) all the true believers in aliens...that group will be the great multitude seen in heaven,given white robes...alll the ones who are left will be the ones who must die in the name of jesus,as a test of faith....like it says in the book of daniel....." they shall be tried ,and made white"

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Lucy... As far as I know I believe, again, you are correct. From what I remember, the 144K are the converted Jewish people left after the Rapture. And, I believe the Rapture (if it happens) was supposed to take place before the covanent with Israel (start of the 7yr countdown).

Priest... I have a strong belief about the whole alien/angel theory as well and on many of you points I tend to side with you. And you may be right about the timing of it all as well. However, the way you present your ideas and discuss it with other members sucks. You come out with nothing to back your timing, tell everyone that it's a "done deal", call everyone stupid, and then expect people to to side with you. It's unfortunate because I actually agree with some of your points and others are trying to understand you as well. Maybe try and tone it down a bit. I know you're passionate about it, it doesn't mean you are absolutely right.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Lucy... As far as I know I believe, again, you are correct. From what I remember, the 144K are the converted Jewish people left after the Rapture. And, I believe the Rapture (if it happens) was supposed to take place before the covanent with Israel (start of the 7yr countdown).

Priest... I have a strong belief about the whole alien/angel theory as well and on many of you points I tend to side with you. And you may be right about the timing of it all as well. However, the way you present your ideas and discuss it with other members sucks. You come out with nothing to back your timing, tell everyone that it's a "done deal", call everyone stupid, and then expect people to to side with you. It's unfortunate because I actually agree with some of your points and others are trying to understand you as well. Maybe try and tone it down a bit. I know you're passionate about it, it doesn't mean you are absolutely right.

Yea sometimes i do come off alil strong..but at times jesus did the same

the four angels which hold back the winds, are 4 motherships!..think about this really quick...if aliens were going to abduct over 10,000 people...they could not fit them all on a tiny saucer..but they would use there bigger ships..the 4 angels are 4 motherships..these ships willl cover the entire world causing complete darkness for a shot period of time..they will seal the true believers...the ones who believed in aliens

ill make another point to everyone...alot ppl go around saying they have faith in jesus..but some really dont...alll the ppl who say they believe in jesus will be left behind..on purpose to test there faith...personally i think ppl who believe in aleins rarely have doubts,because for one reason..they have seen them,made contact with them and such....but ppl who believe in jesus are using blind faith..so when the locust(draconinas) come out the pit,they will test all the believers of jesus...to see if they really did have faith...its a complicated story..but do you get what im saying

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just because the aliens are going to leave peolpe does not mean they are bad aleins....they just dont want to waist there time with peolpe who had no belief in them in the first place...just like if it was jesus...jesus wont take you to heaven if you dont believe in him..correct?..well this is the same situation...actaully jesus is a part of these aliens...and his second coming is the abdcution...when he calls all his believers to heaven....heaven is just another term for outerspace...he will come with his angels in the clouds...the clouds are ufo's....this will be the greatesT moMeNt seen on earth EVER

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420

WOW,you have just made my day...if you are right..about the 144,000...then my theory seems so much better.....this is what i think...when our alien forfathers return to earth in there motherships(4 angels) they will abduct(rapture) all the true believers in aliens...that group will be the great multitude seen in heaven,given white robes...alll the ones who are left will be the ones who must die in the name of jesus,as a test of faith....like it says in the book of daniel....." they shall be tried ,and made white"

I'm glad I could offer some insightful new info for you. And just for the record, I'm not averse to the alien seeding theory. Of course we would have considered them gods and angels. And where else would all of those cave paintings of spacemen come from, em?

Then again, someone did fake a cave painting of Mickey Mouse, but that was only once occurance, space people (figures with some sort of bubble enclosed masks) were prolific.

Have you ever considered that the aliens might be humans from the future? Don't the greys look like humans would look like if we succeed in radiating the surface of the planet and were driven underground, and who seem to have perfected psyhic techniques, a trait we have, yet do not yet understand? Might explain why they are so interested in our weapons and genetics. Perhaps they're trying to fix what they broke?

Just food for thought.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
did I miss the rapture again? Seems like I'm always missing the end of the world these days. Well, looks like Jesus was right, "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

Let's look at the scoreboard for this thread so far:

false prophet....0
Jesus................1

Looks like false prophet has a long way to go make any kind of gains on the Son of God. Back to the news room, over to you Chuck...

[edit on 22-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
did I miss the rapture again? Seems like I'm always missing the end of the world these days. Well, looks like Jesus was right, "No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

Let's look at the scoreboard for this thread so far:

false prophet....0
Jesus................1

Looks like false prophet has a long way to go make any kind of gains on the Son of God. Back to the news room, over to you Chuck...

Did you even bother to read the posts, or just the topic headline?

No one got up on a soapbox and declaired anything, except for one notable exception, and he was in complete disagreement.

The thread wasn't started to say "this is going to happen", so no scorecard is necessary, and this kind of thing makes me wonder why I continue to bother to come to this site. I have better things to do than listen to smugness and arrogance, especially from those who like to connect themselves with God, and then act in a manner completely inconsistent with everything a good God would stand for.

It was a DISCUSSION, not a DECLARATION, or is that too confusing?

Sorry, but this whole machismo boasting is getting really old.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I agree. I'm outta here. You guys have fun.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I agree. I'm outta here. You guys have fun.

No, actually I'm out with you. I've had more alpha male ego than I can take, and the next self-proclaimed "Saint" that acts like a smug little brat might tempt me to loose my temper and say something REALLY rude, and I don't care to stoop to that level.

Thanks for what you tried to do. It really was a good idea for discussion, sorry people had ruin it.

(Lucy edit to add an adjective)

[edit on 22-12-2005 by LucyStoner76]

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The false prophet wasn't you mecheng, we're talking about the Mayan Calendar, are we not? Predicted the date of the end, yes? My apologies if you took it to mean you, that was not my intent. I've been here since page 1, for those who have not been reading my posts. This is your disclaimer that YOU are not the false prophet:

Originally posted by mecheng All I'm doing is putting two prophesies, which have been researched by many here, together and speculating that tomorrow might be important.

And yes LucyStoner76, I am a saint, but not because I say so.

Also, you do not know my gender. Finally, I would like an apology for the "smug little brat" comment. You do not know me. That was an unfair judgement.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The false prophet wasn't you mecheng, we're talking about the Mayan Calendar, are we not? Predicted the date of the end, yes? My apologies if you took it to mean you, that was not my intent. I've been here since page one, for those who have not been reading my posts.

And yes, I am a saint, but not because I say so.

Also, you do not know my gender. Finally, I would like an apology for the "smug little brat" comment. You do not know me. That was an unfair judgement.

Shows how much you know about trans-gener issues.

No, you don't deserve one, because it's really annoying to have smart-alec people seeking negative attention ruining good threads just to get a rise out of people. I think you must get off on it, so I'm giving you what you asked for.

And if they want to kick me off ATS for it, I doubt I'll be back anyway thanks to people like you and everyone else who like to chime in with smarmy one or two liners.

If you're a saint, I'm the jolly green giant. Saints shouldn't speak with malice. You're right, I don't know you and I don't want to.

If you don't want to offend people, don't use inflammatory language like "false prophet" and then fail to clarify it. If you reread my posts you'll note that I try to keep an open mind and reserve judgement, and it's exhausting to have to remind people how to be polite.

Sorry you don't like the taste of your own medicine, and yes, this will be that last you hear from me, I could care less about your response or anyone else's at this point.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Shows how much you know about trans-gener issues.

I've had 5 years of biology with a concentration in Genetics. I think I know a lot about transcription and translation of genes but there's always plenty to learn.

No, you don't deserve one, because it's really annoying to have smart-alec people seeking negative attention ruining good threads just to get a rise out of people. I think you must get off on it, so I'm giving you what you asked for.

What did I ask for again?

And if they want to kick me off ATS for it, I doubt I'll be back anyway thanks to people like you and everyone else who like to chime in with smarmy one or two liners.

Tell me more about "people like me", I'm always interested in learning more about my self. My smarmy one or two liner is the Bible so I don't thing your issue is with me Lucy.

If you're a saint, I'm the jolly green giant.

That's interesting, have you any proof?

Saints shouldn't speak with malice. You're right, I don't know you and I don't want to.

I wasn't. Sorry it was taken that way. Interesting how I can sincerely apologize, yet you refuse.

If you don't want to offend people, don't use inflammatory language like "false prophet" and then fail to clarify it. If you reread my posts you'll note that I try to keep an open mind and reserve judgement, and it's exhausting to have to remind people how to be polite.

I didn't call any person anything. I called a calendar (or calendar theory) incorrect. Is this not true as evidenced by the date that has past?

Sorry you don't like the taste of your own medicine, and yes, this will be that last you hear from me, I could care less about your response or anyone else's at this point.

Then why are you reading it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join