It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to begin 12/21/05?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Rebelsaint:

First, if I offended anyone, I apppologize. I certainly did not intend to and that was not the purpose of the thread. Please show me where I may have been offensive.

You say you have already researched this theory. I have not. As I stated in the begining, I know a little of both subjects and kind of put two and two together to present to you, the more well informed, as something to discuss. I think some of you should relax a bit.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
mecheng, I did not mean you buddy. I cleared that up in my edited post. Sorry if you thought that way. The topic and theory is worthy of discussion. I only get angered by posters who throw in their insane personal beliefs in order to saturate the discussion and turn it into another wasted thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That's cool... No problem. I saw your edit after I posted. I agree. I'm trying desperately to have a relatively open discussion and I don't think some people are getting. That's fine. I don't necessarily think anything's going to happen tomorrow either. All I know is that there are a lot of people on this site that are followers of both theories that might have something to say. Thanks for checking in.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
MagicPriest you certainly seem to think you have this whole thing worked out. But for my money I don't think it's all that simple. And yes I have read the Bible several times. Have you read any Imanuel Velikovsky (regarding Niburu and apocalyptic events?) . I think you might find that a large number of people here are anything but stupid. Make sure you're on the board in '07 so we can all 'I-told-you-so' together.

The 'rapture' is only one of many debated elements of the Bible. There are nearly 100 different major Christian denominations and thousands of lesser ones. Whose interpretation is correct? And what about all the other religions in the world? Isn't it arrogant to believe that only one Western Religion happens to have the true Word of God in it? Or did God just not bother to provide equally accurate information to everyone else?

Nope, personally I don't buy it. I believe there is truth in there but it has been so processed, edited, lost, manipulated and combined with cultural myth over the generations that it has been largely obscured. But I believe there is truth in there. I believe there is truth in most all of the major religions because the source is One and the Same.

Just MHO.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by jtma508]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow interesting thread!
Magic your adding alot of great information to this thread, but please may I ask you NOT to call people names? We are ALL just SEEKERS of knowledge and come to our own conclusions in our own ways. Lets keep an interesting conversation going without condesending remarks, noone who is a seeker of information should be called 'stupid'. Name calling can send an interesting thread such as this down in flames........

Hi by the way
I am TRG....... ATS Councilor at large and an attempted peace maker.....I try and smooth things so that interesting threads can remain such without falling into the pit of name calling.......feel free to u2u me if you ever need anything I might be able to help you with. (THAT GOES FOR EVERYBODY not just Magic....)

Post unto others as you would have them post unto you.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ok im back now....if i offended anyone by calling them stupid im sorry,because i should have said it to your face.....my theory will not change unless i live to see 2007...i still believe that the rapture will be next year.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
wow...
Magic. You obviously have your own theory which you believe very strongly in. Perhaps you should start your own thread to allow people to discuss it with you instead of butchering this one.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
im afriad that without me in this thread,it would have died along time ago,maybe you should go back and see the things ive posted....yea do that!...and youll see who has kept this thread alive in the first place...and yes i do believe strongly in what i say...if i was unconfident in my theorys,less ppl would take it serioulsy.....im not saying the worlds gonna blow up,im not saying your about to die...im letting you know that salvation is on the way...btw thanx RIVERGODDESS i appreciate what you did for me

[edit on 20-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah. For now on we'll call you the thread "savior".

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Remember in 1999, the whole argument about when the Millenium started, was it 2000 or 2001? I seem to remember alot of people being quite upset about it, over-reacting and such things.

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard as if it were a noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, "Come and see."
"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer"

Magic, you started off by saying that the first seal had to do with 9/11? It seems to me that 9/11 was more like the second seal. So maybe you should consider. Think of the first year, as the first year you were born. It's 0, but you're still living in the first year. Yes, I know you never stated that you were using the new millenium as a starting point. But consider, atleast.

"And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, "Come and see"
"And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat there to take the peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given untio him a great sword"

Which I find no relavance to 9/11 but closer than the first one. Plus, I don't believe that God holds any relavance to time. He is the Beginning and the End, God knows all, that is and will be. Ect. He holds no concept of time. He created time. He created the passing of the day and the night, and said that it should be meassured. One minute to God could be 100 years. Time is merely a device of man-kind, so it will be at their disposal when holding evidence, passing Judgement, and such other things that Mankind does. To me, all the bibles have been misinturpreted. But Catholics, Jewish, and muslims are the closest to recording words of God, than any past religions, that are now Myths.

Words are only vessels created for the transportation of the minds native language, Thoughts. We created language to describe our thoughts at length, people just don't take the time to do so in depth. God has no need for words, because he instills his thoughts within you. We are taught the meanings to words, and we hold no other value toward them than what we are taught. When the word could mean much more to the speaker. I'm about to use words that usually come with very stereo typical visualizations. But hopefully, you can open your mind to the idea of the word, rather than the definition.

Magic, why can't it be, that Aliens are Angels. They are beings not beings that are not of the earthly world? By Angels I mean Messengers. And these prophecies, have you ever thought of how they were able to see these visions? Maybe messengers came in the form of spirits to pull these prophets from their physical forms and pull them into other realms that were the future, or the realm that IS God. (Out of Body Experience) Maybe this was the only way for Angels to communicate with us. By inducing OBEs with their own form. They might even be from another Dimension that is lost to us because we have become so Superficial, so material, that we rely on our world to survive. When we most likely exist outside of our bodies, with our soul. Sounds like the starting of a Cult, I know. But it's really not.

Plus, who is out Anti-christ.... Bush? I would hardly think so. He's a little too zoned out to be one. I remember in the Left Behind series that they described the Anti-Christ as cunning, and he was liked by everyone it seemed. He also came AFTER the Rapture, didn't he? I know, I'm using Fiction as grounds for arguement, and it really isn't credible.

Someone said something about the Leader of Isreal and the Anti-Christ signing something. When did Isreal and America start their "Thing" I know that they buy ALOT of their Defense stuff from Lockheed-Martin which is mainly an American Contracted Aerospace and Defense Corporation. Germany also gives Isreal Millions of Dollars a year, kind of how white people give black people rice-krispy treates for the wronging that was commited toward their blood line by their ancestors. I'm rambling... But U2U me, please.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
MagicPriest you certainly seem to think you have this whole thing worked out. But for my money I don't think it's all that simple. And yes I have read the Bible several times. Have you read any Imanuel Velikovsky (regarding Niburu and apocalyptic events?) . I think you might find that a large number of people here are anything but stupid. Make sure you're on the board in '07 so we can all 'I-told-you-so' together.

The 'rapture' is only one of many debated elements of the Bible. There are nearly 100 different major Christian denominations and thousands of lesser ones. Whose interpretation is correct? And what about all the other religions in the world? Isn't it arrogant to believe that only one Western Religion happens to have the true Word of God in it? Or did God just not bother to provide equally accurate information to everyone else?

Nope, personally I don't buy it. I believe there is truth in there but it has been so processed, edited, lost, manipulated and combined with cultural myth over the generations that it has been largely obscured. But I believe there is truth in there. I believe there is truth in most all of the major religions because the source is One and the Same.

Just MHO.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by jtma508]

www.nibiruancouncil.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
Ok im back now....if i offended anyone by calling them stupid im sorry,because i should have said it to your face..

Well, I had been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your arrogance diminishes your arguments and views. That has got to be a shame, because if you do have something of importance to say, you are alienating your audience... To assume that all people should immediately consume everything you put forth without question is very unrealistic, and for your sake, I hope you consider that. Ok, that is done.

Moving on, I really liked this thread so I'm going back to it. To repeat myself sort of, to the originator of the thread, because all of the good posts have been lost in a sea of "I'm right, no I'm right, listen only to me" jibberish...

I think that there is good reason to still look into the connection of the Mayen calendar with the timing of the tribulation in the bible, I just don't think that particualr timing seems to work because of the seven year period beginning with the signing of the covenant, not the rapture.

But, keep on looking and searching, because it's not a completely lost idea, perhaps we just don't understand the significance or see the real connections yet.

I do think that the legends that come out of the craddle of humankind, Sumatra, would be a tremendous help here, because there is ample evidence that there was once a global society before this one at some point, and while they all have the same origins, they have added their own twists and folklore. So yes, the proverbial truth is out there, but it is like a large gigantic jigsaw puzzle made up of riddles, many of them largely irrelevant, but what else can we do but proceed with a process of elimination? Speculation will continue until it all comes to fruition, of that much I'm confident. I'm just concerned that I will see it in my lifetime, or am actually witnessing it right this very second.

I would love it if an expert on Numerology could get into some of the dates. I still believe 9/11 was a significant event, and I would like to understand why those in power seem to rely on it. That one date in particular pops up in History all over the place (ok, because I could just be finding what I'm looking for...) and I think that Regan had that date associated with him, either his birth or death or something, I can't immediately recall.

Again, hocus pocus or another piece of the riddle?

The only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know anything for sure.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lucy:
I believe you are correct. And since I don't believe there will be any covanent with Isreal tomorrow, that kind of blows this theory. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes! Finally! What a great post, voting you for way above top secret...

Originally posted by Kokasion

Words are only vessels created for the transportation of the minds native language, Thoughts. We created language to describe our thoughts at length, people just don't take the time to do so in depth. God has no need for words, because he instills his thoughts within you. We are taught the meanings to words, and we hold no other value toward them than what we are taught. When the word could mean much more to the speaker. I'm about to use words that usually come with very stereo typical visualizations. But hopefully, you can open your mind to the idea of the word, rather than the definition.

Thank you! All of these literal intepritations have always seemed wrong to me, for the very reasons you described. It has to be about the hardest thing in the world to use words to accurately describe what it is that you are trying to convey. Beyond the topic of the thread, I think that was just a really good educational piece of advice.

Plus, who is out Anti-christ.... Bush? I would hardly think so. He's a little too zoned out to be one. I remember in the Left Behind series that they described the Anti-Christ as cunning, and he was liked by everyone it seemed. He also came AFTER the Rapture, didn't he? I know, I'm using Fiction as grounds for arguement, and it really isn't credible.

Myself, I think Bush is a puppet, not that I agree with all that ZetaTalk, but he is definitely not the of the caliber of "the" personable and magnetic personality the anti-christ is purported to be. This guy is supposed to have nearly 3/4ths of the world behind him, and he is barely hanging on to half of his own country and the rest want off with his head, I believe... I think we have yet to meet this character lurking in the shadows....

Someone said something about the Leader of Isreal and the Anti-Christ signing something. When did Isreal and America start their "Thing"

Yeah, the covenent with Isreal, guranteeing seven years of peace, that would eventually be breached. I'm new to this, but wasn't Isreal reestablished in the 60's? So the agreement was at least after that, and our friendship (covenent?) with this country is part of what is fueling the Jihad, no? However, I think it goes back further than seven years, and hasn't been breached, so far as the common folk are told. Since the rapture is questionable to some, it's not necessarily out of the question that it had to occur first for this to be significant, right? Although honestly, I think that is also to come, and from the European states... (Although the Governator is from Austria, and they were talking about his running for prez if they changed the constitution, which I hope they won't. Might be irrelevant anyway, because if he can't get a single one of his proposals past California, and his popularity is waning, his election seems unlikely, although I said the same thing about Bush and look where that got me. His movie popularity and name recognition could be the very thing that gets the attention and adoration of the world populace... It would be interesting to see how he would handle events with Isreal anyway. (Hitler was also born in Austria, although he is usually just associated with Germany for obvious reasons, but that little factoid is often overlooked.

Either way, It's starting to look awfully dreary in those parts these days, and might be a big thing to look at. I wonder if 2012 will be significant for Israel in some way...

Shoot, now I've rambled... Thanks for the interesting discussion anyway!

(Lucy edits for idiocy in improper quoting...)

[edit on 20-12-2005 by LucyStoner76]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucyStoner76
Yes! Finally! What a great post, voting you for way above top secret...

I don't even know what that means! I'm new... But I always though that is the best way to learn. To broden your mind, rather than just your vocabulary. A good vocabulary helps though. I'm still looking for one.

Thank you for the compliment!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is the 21rst and no one is gone.
So I conclude that you were wrong and the mayan calender is a buch of baloney.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
It is the 21rst and no one is gone.
So I conclude that you were wrong and the mayan calender is a buch of baloney.

i knew he was wrong.....i already said it will happen next year

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We still got some time left. It's 10:40 PM here in florida. It's like New Years Eve. Countin down. Whee.
Wait for it.........

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ok its 1:06
on the 22nd
nothing happend

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
1:15 EST here in the USA Florida.....still nothin

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join