It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to begin 12/21/05?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
According to what I've read about the Mayan Calendar, the end of times will occur on 12/21/2012. According to the bible, I believe Jesus' rapture begins 7 years before armageddon. That would mean something very interesting is about to happen in a couple days (12/21/05). What do you think?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i dont really believe in the end of the world cause if you read the bible Jesus says that nobody knows when he is comin. No, ifs or buts.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not a true believer in these things myself. However, I do find the topic of the Mayan Calendar very interesting. I also would not consider myself a very religious person, however I have read the"Left Behind" series of books. Both of these things have made me consider my "standing" with God a little more.
One thing I do know is that if people start dissapearing on Wednesday (due to the Rapture), I'll be heading straight to church and won't be leaving any time soon!

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hmm do the mayan prophecies have anything to do with Jesus ? For my understanding they do not so i dont think theres much to be worried about

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm simply putting two and two together. IF the Mayan Calendar is correct AND you assume that according to the calendar, the world will end on 12/21/2012...

AND you believe that the bible is also correct AND the rapture will occure 7 years before armaggedon...

THEN 12/21/2005 MAY have some very important significance... That should be the day the rapture will occur.

Now, I understand there are a lot of assumptions and a lot of your own personal beliefs come into play, but it is interesting to think about none the less.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
rapture has believed to be occuring on many numerous dates, dating back to the 1800s, nothing happens at all. as a poster stated in this thread, only Jesus knows of the date

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
i dont really believe in the end of the world cause if you read the bible Jesus says that nobody knows when he is comin. No, ifs or buts.

Ya. One place it mentions that is Matthew 24:36. Also, seems like this would have more to do with Conspiracies in Religion or Paranormal than history of Ancient/Lost Civilizations.

(Cut & Paste from post I just made, but is also relevant)

...who cares about predicting the end? Today can be the last day for any or all of us. I would not wait until the 11th hour to start scurrying around like mice in a burning building. Do you want the free gift of eternal life? Send U2U for details. My prayers and hopes are with you otherwise.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I fully understand that the Bible says that nobody knows when the rapture will occur. However, there are a lot of ATS'ers that believe in the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world (which is why I posted here).

My point is that if nothing happens Wednesday the 21st, either the Bible is wrong or the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world on 12/21/2012 is wrong.

Many people beleve in both, so it's just another in a long list of "end of the world" days to watch out for.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
still noone knows the end of the world
and how do you know that its this world.
there can be other world out there.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Let me just add my two cents in here......first id like to say the rapture is reality....the rapture of humankind will be nothing more then an alien abduction...where is the abduction coming from?...ill tell you!...it will come from the aid of the planet nibiru..the bible refers to this event,as stars(ufos) falling to the earth...these ufos will be seen all across the world,(four corners,North,South,East and West....then all the sudden people will begin disappearing,the unlucky ones who are left behind(for all different reasons) will be quicly rounded up,by the new world order regime(neo nazi's or the anit-christ),they will tell the stranded citizens that aliens, have come to invade us,and have already tooken memebers of our families,and the only way to survive will be to follow the goverment/nwo,TO THERE DEATH,just like the holocaust....the rapture is to take place during the events of the sixth seal....THE SIXTH SEAL IS ACTAULLY 2006...yes the rapture will happen in 2006,but i dont know the exact day..YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND SAY IM WORNG, but once the 21st goes by without a hitch,then you can look forward to the real rapture.....btw we are currently in the 5th seal(2005)...WOW dont you feel better now,at least you have alittle more time to spend with ur loved ones
....the bible is correct,we wont know the exact day,but only the aliens who are trying to save us,willl know when the time is right.....ooh yea this abduction is a good thing,just those who are left behind wont make out so good..woe! to the women carrying babys in those days

if you dont believe in aliens ,this might be a good time to start

[edit on 19-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

[edit on 19-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet money the rapture will not occur tomorrow. If it does I hope they aren't around to collect their money.

Concering 2012, the Mayans did not predict the end of the world. They stopped their calendar because the cycle we are in is changing at that time.
paulapeterson.com...

Supposedly we are going to enter an age that is less materialistic and we are currently in the birth pangs of the transition period.

I wouldn't be surprised if some alien tries to abduct me. If it's a good looking blond female, I'll go along peacefully but if not, they better watch out.

Here are my thoughts about the phrase that no one will know the day or hour, well no one may know the day or hour, however the phrase doesn't say a darn thing about the year. If you leave out the year that means someone might know what year such a thing will occur.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 20-12-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Look man, we cannot say without a shadow of a shred of doubt that the rapture will occur before the Battle of Megido or during/after it. Nor can we pinpoint a specific day because the timeline of the 70 weeks was purposely created to leave certain missing information which could allow a precise Calendar (this so we couldn't predict the exact day and hour, yet still know more or less when Christ returns). Now you know that, stop wishing for the rapture to happen this year or next year, or today,tommorow,etc. - you have other priorities as a Christian and mentioning this topic again and again turns people off (they don't understand why we wait for it, they think we want to be caught away and enjoy seeing a bunch of plagues fall on everybody- you know the wild media distortions on the subject, we want the return of our Lord God and his established kingdom). Eternal life begins now. Live like that.

oh by the way, I do find the Mayan Calendar significant. If it does prophecise (that's IF, a BIG if) I'm sure the revelation would be of a somewhat dark nature (remember who Huizapotchle/Quetzecoatl is my friend- the winged Serpent, Tammuz, ie: Beelzebub- SATAN. A Ben Elohim of sorts in ancient Mesoamerican mythos which we should rightfully equate with Satan). The Aztec Calendar is significant since it attempts to link Astronomical phenomena with their mythology on the winged Serpent (or his brother Cihuacoatl, no matter) recreating the world every several thousand years. The Calendar explicitly implies that our current world will end (that it is in an "imperfect state") and that it must be recreated. We are in the 6th world according to Mesoamerican mythology, and this one will end with I beleive fire (or the last one did and this one needs to be destroyed with water, interesting stuff). The new world is supposed to be a restored Eden where a messianic figure (ie: the winged serpent) rules over human beings with an ironfist. Now that sounds pretty suspicious to me, I have seen examples of prophecy where God allows evil to purposely give a half truth which serves an important function. Nobody beleives in the old Mesoamerican messianic claims, but we all adhere to the superstition that the calendar might be important. Maybe it's a warning....

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Nakash]

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Nakash]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When did I say I was wishing for the end? When did anyone here say they were wishing for the end? I'm not a doomsdayer. All I'm doing is putting two prophesies, which have been researched by many here, together and speculating that tomorrow might be important.

Ok, so if the Mayan calendar says we are going into a new state of being on 12/21/2012, couldn't that correlate with the return of Jesus and his new reign on earth for 1000 years? If so, there is supposed to be, from what I understand, 7 years of tribulation prior to that, begining with His rapture.

That day, putting the two theories together, would be tomorrow.

Again, I'm not preaching to anyone, nor am I saying for sure it's going to happen. Believe what you want to believe!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I'm not a true believer in these things myself. However, I do find the topic of the Mayan Calendar very interesting. I also would not consider myself a very religious person, however I have read the"Left Behind" series of books. Both of these things have made me consider my "standing" with God a little more.
One thing I do know is that if people start dissapearing on Wednesday (due to the Rapture), I'll be heading straight to church and won't be leaving any time soon!

maybe they were beamed away like in startrek and that they will be brough back on 2012 for the purpose of having people learn the language ect. so they can work as translators for the aliens which come in 2012.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When did I say I was wishing for the end? When did anyone here say they were wishing for the end? I'm not a doomsdayer. All I'm doing is putting two prophesies, which have been researched by many here, together and speculating that tomorrow might be important.

Ok, so if the Mayan calendar says we are going into a new state of being on 12/21/2012, couldn't that correlate with the return of Jesus and his new reign on earth for 1000 years? If so, there is supposed to be, from what I understand, 7 years of tribulation prior to that, begining with His rapture.

That day, putting the two theories together, would be tomorrow.

Again, I'm not preaching to anyone, nor am I saying for sure it's going to happen. Believe what you want to believe!

were do you get the idea from that the mayans know jesus. they had a completly different believe system:S

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
All of you dont even know what you are talking about,first why dont you pick up a bible and read it correctly.....let me explain this to you,even tho i already have

In the book of revelations jesus opens 7 seals in order 1-7....those 7 seals represent two things

1) 7 years of the tribulation..or beginning of sorrows

2) 2001-2007=7 seals

now if you understand what im pointing out,you will know that we are already in the tribulation..and the 9/11 was the takeoff point...9/11 was in 2001/1st seal/1st yr of tribulation

If you really think hard enuff you will see that our world has been alot different since 2001/1st seal/1st yr of tribulation

The rapture occurs during the sixth seal..the sixth seal is 2006..so right there the bible tells us it will be in 2006

the only thing we know before the rapture happens is there will be a huge earthquake in 2006..possibly a pole shift from the incoming planet nibiru...Yes planet x is real folks

THE RAPTURE WILL BE IN 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hello, John Titor, yes, could you please tell me when the rapture begins....

Interesting that you put the 2 together, it is an interesting theoey...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Can someone cite the passage in the Bible that specifically mentions 'the rapture' or whatever passage(s) are used to vaildate its existence?

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Can someone cite the passage in the Bible that specifically mentions 'the rapture' or whatever passage(s) are used to vaildate its existence?

Revalations chapter 6:

12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal(2006), and, lo, there was a great earthquake(poleshift-caused by planet nibiru); and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair(planet x-eclipses the sun)and the moon became as blood(planet x has a red surface,which will reflect on the moon,and make it appear to be blood/red)

13And the stars of heaven(ufo's) fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

1And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth(four motherships?) holding the four winds of the earth(north,south east,and west), that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.(holding back the winds,is another way of saying to freeze time)

2And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude(abdcutees), which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands( this multitude are the people who were abducted from earth)

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God(ANU) which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels(aliens) stood round about the throne, and about the elders(24 members of the nibiruan council) and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God(anu-5th dimensional ruler/king/father of nibiru),

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God(anu) for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation(2006) and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God(anu), and serve him day and night(give him praise) in his temple(planet nibiru): and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them

[edit on 20-12-2005 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

AND you believe that the bible is also correct AND the rapture will occure 7 years before armaggedon...

THEN 12/21/2005 MAY have some very important significance... That should be the day the rapture will occur.

I thought it was presumed that the 7 year tribulation period would begin with a signing of a covenant between antrichrist and Isreal, not the rapture, which is expected to preceed it.

So if we assume the timing you suggested is related, shouldn't the rapture have occured before that date, and the 12/21 date should indicate the covenant instead?

Then, still assuming the timing is related, even if something extrodinarily unexpected happens with Israel tomorrow, what does that say about the rapture?

It's likely that those two timetables are not related, although who is to say which is the more accurate? The Mayan calendar could be irrelevant to the Bible, or the Bible could be irrelevant to the Mayan calendar, although I must say I would give more credence to the history of the Bible than a calendar with a lost history, however accurate it might be.

Perhaps we should all be taking a look back to the history of Sumatra, which seems to be the origin of all legends and myths in every country and religion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join